Tankhaton 2019 - Where will Jets Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

And Gase has been down right horrible in the second half of games as well. In fact aside from the first drive of games he has been pretty bad. If next year he continues coaching like this you might as well add him to that list. Signs don't look much better.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Where did we end up picking?

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

12 or 13 I believe.

4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I believe 11 if Denver wins

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Denver wins, Jets pick #11.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

With Denver winning we ended up 11th. If Cleveland won we would have stayed at 10.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Eleven, our new lucky number. Please, please Mr. GM, time to focus on a top OL and/or top WR that can be there at 11 or trade down for more ammo. But what do I know.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I think I’d go oline heavy in free agency and the 2nd/ 3rd rd and look to take a top tier WR at 11....I’ll have to dig in but that’s my first instincts

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes they’ll go heavy OL in FA. I think at least one starter - maybe two and two depth pieces. That would ease the pressure for finding OL come the draft. However if they sign both a starting guard and a right tackle in FA that may not preclude them from drafting a center early if a guy like Biadasz were available.

I think the Jets sliding down to #11 increases the chances of a Kelvin Beachum resigning.

A WR may be the pick too although I really like Jefferson and wonder if he would still be there in the second round.

#69 mrjet80, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    King Koopa likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I get that the Jets have made the position of their pick in the top 10 the most interesting factor for fans lately. That said, why would any Jets fan ever want the Jets to lose a game to a division rival late? The only reason that I would ever want to see the Jets lose a game to the Patriots, Fins or Bills late is if I *knew* that it gave us the #1 or #2 pick and there was guaranteed to be a can't miss generational talent available on that pick.

There's no point in losing a game to move up 5 slots to a pick that will be somebody that 5 teams have passed on already. If 5 teams have passed there is no way/no how that guy you get is a lock to be a great player. You might get lucky but I'd rather get the win and take my chances on the 10. Life is too short to lose for the cause.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't possibly disagree more. What does winning one more game in an otherwise lost season mean? Nothing, especially if it causes you to miss out on a stud edge rusher, WR, LT, etc. Just because other teams passed on a player doesn't mean squat. Teams passed on Tom Brady for 6 rounds in his draft. Think any of them regret that? Just because team pass on a player doesn't mean that player isn't worth having. GMs make mistakes, they have varying philosophies of how to approach/use the draft. Some draft strictly for BPA, other draft for need, and others some combination of the two. Some GMs look for players that fit their scheme and the type of character/players they want. Other GMs are clueless or don't have a certain type scheme or character they're looking for.

Conversely, there's every point in moving up 5 positions, if you can get a player that you really need that could elevate your team's play for the next 5-10 years and enable you to beat that division rival every time and maybe beat all your division rivals every time. I could go through Jets' draft history and show you countless times where the Jets have won meaningless games late in the season that cost them the chance to get a franchise changing QB or edge rusher or dominating player.

Life's too short to base your life on "hoping" that a player will fall to you. People and teams make their own "luck." Luck is said to be a combination of opportunity and preparation. Well, if one doesn't get the opportunity, then one doesn't get the luck. Another way of looking at it is a war. Sometimes in a war, generals will intentionally lose a battle in order to help them win the war. It's strategy. This has happened innumerable times in history. If those Generals had slavishly and blindly followed your way of thinking, some, perhaps a lot of those wars would have been lost, and things been much worse for those countries/civilizations. Instead, thankfully, they thought creatively, in an out-of-the-box fashion, and not slavishly followed some dictum or way of thinking. We are not sheep. We have brains with which to reason, think creatively, and adapt to our circumstances. The results are almost always better when we do that rather than following some narrow, rigid, prescribed mindset.

J-Raw24 likes this.