TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP.
    We all know the Jets don't have a whole lot of depth. If they do get some injured players back and Darnold is good for next Sunday, they can beat the Cardinals. As long as they can stay away from the injury bug, they can improve. Like I said , they don't have a lot of depth, and that is a problem, besides Gase.:rolleyes:

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The only games I feel we have a chance to win is Miami twice & Raiders once. The rest of the games are against good teams. Even Cleveland & the Chargers who I thought we had a chance to beat, are starting to play well. The Cardinals are slumping but are still a good team. Mobile QB'S give us fits, so I expect to see Murry running quite a bit Sunday.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looking at that schedule, I can see the Jets winning 1 game against Miami but not two. Perhaps the Browns. At 2-14, they'll miss out on the #1 overall pick and manage to fck up the pick they'll get with some guy who will stay injured or underperform.

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I 100% disagree. Put him on the Chiefs and they could still win the Super Bowl.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we win a game, I think it will be against the Raiders. Miami has been competitive and played well against Seattle and the Bills, beat the Jaguars handily, and didn't lose to that much against NE. They have better coaching and probably have a better, deeper roster than we do.

Fitzpatrick is likely to throw for 400 yards and 3-4 TDs against us both times.

A lot of posters here were trashing Herbert prior to the draft saying they hoped that the Dolphins got him. Well, he already looks 10 times better than Sam. Mayfield and Cleveland are playing well and have a lot more talent than we do. We're likely to get blown out by Cleveland.

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

It will probably be this week, on fluke play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. NCJetsfan

There may be only 2 HCs in the NFL who could straighten out Sam and that's Reid and Arians. Getting him in the right system would help, but until he is in the right system and playing a lot better, I don't think any team could win a SB with him at QB.

Sack exchange likes this.
  8. Sack exchange

Cardinals, chargers, dolphins, maybe rams and raiders. And maybe surprise win like we did with Dallas. So there is reasonable chance. How about the meaningless games at end of year, patriots and browns... maybe they are sitting folks. Jets like to win those games!

#108 Sack exchange, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  9. Sack exchange

I think way too early to write off Darnold, Gase is killing him! So disturbing.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Sean Payton. Sam with that coach and talent could be turned around in an off season. Especially if Brees plays one more and Sam sits for a year. Gase has destroyed Sam and i can only hope the new coach cna fix it.

11. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Vilma, I couldn't agree more. I did not want a qb in the first round that year as Mayfiled, Darnold or Rosen didn't seem like game changers. I wanted to stay put and take Quentin Nelson at 6. Lawrence is a game changer and has more talent than any qb coming out since Luck. These other posters want to say there is going to be plenty of great qbs coming out the following year or two. I doubt there will be any who are as polished as Lawrence.

REVISion and Brook! like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Yes, I would add Sean Payton to Reid and Arians. There may be a few others, but not many.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

0-16 is definitely on the table this Season of COVID b/c of injuries, poor play calling and Coaching for both sides of scrimmage

Darnold is not "at the helm" : From the discussions I have heard among sportscasters all over the News Darnold should have been immediately pulled from the Denver game after his shoulder was injured

Did you see the Pats Chiefs last night without Cam?? We will look 10 time worse since we are poorly stocked and not nearly Coached by a HOFamer like Bellichek

Consequently the smart thing to do to protect Sam as a possible tradeable asset and not force him play further to risk even more serious injury

Let Flacco and Morgan go for it ...and if that happens we really have little chance of winning

But our cosolation prize is drawing an Ace in Lawrence and Sam D as our Hole Card :)

#113 NYJetsO12, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Gase will be gone if Jets end up with #1 overall, meaning shitty record, this much is guaranteed. I know you think there is some master plan in place and Gase is a part of it, but that's just not the case. He simply sucks, there is no more to it than that. This is the 5th year in a row where his offense is among the worst in the League. He doesn't coach defense. A QB (Tennehil) whom Miami paid to dump to Titans had a career resurgence at 31 years of age and 115+ mil contract after he left Gase. At this point it must be obvious even to the owner that Gase is absolute garbage. He will be gone after the season is over, there is no doubt about it if we are bad enough to get #1.

As far as whether draft Lawrence or trade, I just don't think you can pass up on Lawrence. Philly with JD gave up a lot to get to #2 and draft franchise QB, who was not the same level of talent as Lawrence coming out. I don't see how now JD does the opposite. The only way this happens is if Sam somehow starts putting up Josh Allen type of numbers. If he does, we won't get #1 anyway. If not, he is still just a prospect with potential, and Lawrence's potential is MUCH MUCH higher. If we end up with #1, we get Lawrence, I think it is almost as simple as Gase's departure.

REVISion likes this.
  15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I said we have a chance...I didn't say how much of a chance. Every time I buy a lottery ticket I have a chance of winning too.:D

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

That's a little misleading. Tankathon says "Strength of Schedule using all 16 opponents". That's not very descriptive. It looks like it's a running strength of schedule calculation that will change through the season--it means the Texans have a harder SOS RIGHT NOW. It will change through the season as the Texans have had a harder schedule so far, but it softens up later. The Jets have had an easier schedule, but it gets harder from here.

The traditional approach for the first 10 games or so (some sources use the first 6, or first 8)of the season is to use every teams' prior year record to determine SOS. By this method, the Jets have the second hardest schedule in the league, barely behind the Pats. But you can look at the Texans and Jets schedules right now, see how all the teams are playing, and it is clear the Jets will have a tougher SOS by the end of the season.

Brook! likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Have you seen the New York Jets attempt to play the game of football this year?

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they can. If they keep Gase all season 0-16 is their future. Darnold is either running for his life or has nobody to throw too. Is Herndon even on the team? There won't beat Buffalo, New England or even the Phins. So who's left?

19. You forget how the HC gives up on games by the mid 3rd.That removes a decent percentile that the team might actually catch a team who lets their guard down late after building a lead.

I dont see it.I dont see how this team will get a win.They dont win individual matchups,they dont make big plays.they arent built to come back from a defecit larger than a TD,they arent built to get off the field on 3rd down OR protect a lead. Thats before we talk about the coach not making adjustments,not playing the best available talent,mismanaging injuries & having zero killer instinct or fight.Lets nlt forget the pop warner esque penalties & lack of discipline.

I dont buy the injured players coming back cause the team was dreadful w them ALREADY.Dont insult the word “win” w The Johnson’s pitiful excuse for a football operation

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I get what you mean, but going 0-16 is really hard, even for a fucked up team with a coach like Gase. I thikn they win 2 and lose the #1 pick (and maybe even drop down 2 or 3 spots) due to S.O.S. Why? Because...Jets.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.