TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight, REVISion and Brook! like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Whew! This was a game we could have won...one of the few remaining games on our schedule that I was worried about. The other will be NE. We came close, but thankfully lost in the end.

we desperately need the Jags to win one more, then I’ll feel much better

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

86% chance we win a game, and 87% chance Jax does.

But I think the numbers are OVERSTATED for both, esp. for Jax. They play a killer schedule and will probably be double-digit underdogs in ALL of them. We have a shot against Miami (looked horrible with Tua today) and Patriots (horrible to Texans).

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The game got ahead of Tua, Denver D is pretty good even with their injuries. The Jets D isn't very good. Fish will regroup and take it out on the Jets next week.

From memory I don't recall a game where the Jets outplayed a running QB, they usually make them look silly. I think Cam runs wild against the Jets especially given that he needs a good performance to get starter looks in the off-season. Cam and the law firm Jacoby & Meyers will own the Jets.

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Yeah, we have the browns raiders Miami and pats that are all possible for a desperate team to beat. Flacco can keep airing it out to MIMS and get lucky with OPI or catches and we can accidentally win. If Sam is back he will be rusty for at least one game.
    What this team really needs is Sam to show something and up his trade value and the defense to co run he getting experience to the young guys but still stink.

6. JetsKickAss

rickjet likes this.
  7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well i francessaed fields with this post. worst game this year.

FJF likes this.
  8. alleycat9

watson is playing the best football of his career. you cant have watched him play and say he regressed. i agree with everything else you said but that point is completely and totally incorrect.

REVISion likes this.
  9. JetsKickAss

With Dallas winning, unless the Jets SPLIT THEIR LAST 6 GAMES (or better), we are going to pick 1st or 2nd.

If it's 1st....it's Lawrence.

If it's 2nd....we have a decision to make since I believe we can get a haul for the pick if Fields bounces back.

10. JetsKickAss

More Good News.....Houston's win means that Miami's pick is now 8th.....a few more wins, and that pick could fall into the teens.

Do NOT want Miami having the 3rd or 4th pick or something like that.

Brook! likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

I'm going by the sportswriters who watch him daily. And I agree he was sabotaged by BOB trading Hopkins.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO Sam is definitely not the answer. Fields could be. If it's 2nd, we need to take Fields unless some team gives us their next four 1st and 2nd round picks or something crazy like that. It won't matter how good the rest of the team is if we don't have the QB, and we can't count on trading up in the future. We passed on Mahomes and Watson and that was a HUGE mistake. If Douglas and the Jets scouts see Fields as a legit QB prospect, then we cannot pass on him even for a bevy of picks.

#752 NCJetsfan, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    KY Jets Fan, JetsKickAss and REVISion like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

If they're anything like our local guys they are idiots by and large.

Watson is statistically having his best season ever I believe. I'm not sure what these beatwriters are seeing to make them diverge from the stats so severely if they're saying he's been playing poorly.

JetsKickAss and alleycat9 like this.
  14. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

On the "pro-tank" side of this to best ensure we get the #1 pick, I'm looking at the threats as Miami and New England. Although a lot can happen in the meantime, based on the way these teams are currently playing, I think the Jets definitely lose to the Seahawks, Rams, Raiders and Browns all of whom have things to play for... If the Jags can eek out one win somewhere, which is not out of the realm of possibly with the Bears/Colts, I'd like to be able to rule out a last week win against NE as a threat. Leaving us with this week against Miami...So continuing on w/ my house of cards explanation let me throw in a few more hopes...Now that Houston has three wins, w/ the likely hood that they win another game or two, I was hoping Miami would concentrate more on the playoff run than on the evaluation of Tua and thus start Fitz this week.

I know Miami has a treasure trove of picks to make a trade if they really mean business but let's consider this...If the Jets or Jags get the #1 pick it certainly seems like they're taking Lawrence thus leaving whoever gets the #2 to consider a trade of Fields for picks. If you're Miami and Lawerence is out of play, again w/ Houston having three wins now I think it's safe to say he's out of play, would you really entertain trading the draft stash you've accumulated for Fields? Based on having to jump from somewhere around picks 7-10 to #2 would cost a fortune and is that fortune worth the difference (if there even is any) between Tua and Fields? I know, I know, that's what they say they're trying to evaluate by playing Tua but I would imagine they can make that determination from watching/scouting both when the trade off is "game evaluation of Tua" vs "full speed ahead on making the playoffs". I know they're other QBs in the draft but yikes, would you throw in the towel already on Tua or is the smart play to keep your picks, develop Tua and allow Fitz to make a playoff run for you when you now know that Lawerence is out of reach?

Ok, that's a lot of "what if's" and "hopes" on my part but can't help but wonder if Miami is thinking the same thing after Houston's 3rd win this past weekend...

JetsKickAss likes this.
  15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

huh? Are you suggesting the Dolphins would trade their houston pick and whatever else to move in and draft Fields????

16. alleycat9

not if you have your guy of the future in tua which i think they believe they do.

Leicester Jet and JetsKickAss like this.
  17. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I"m actually suggesting the opposite in that they should not do that...but a couple of weeks ago they benched Fitz, who had the team in playoff contention, in favor of Tua and publicly said the reason was to see what they had in Tua...Inferring that meant they wanted to evaluate Tua ahead of the draft where Miami thought they might have a shot at Lawerence or Fields due to owning Houston's pick...since then, Houston's play has essentially taken Miami out of the running for Lawerence. So this rushed evaluation of Tua is at the expense of a playoff run and was seemingly a bad move...It was made worse due to having to bench Tua due to poor performance the playoff stretch....My hope was that they'd reinstall Fitz as the starter to fully pursue the playoffs now that Lawerence was seemingly out of grasp...but that doesn't seem to be the case and with Tua starting I'm afraid the Jets have a better chance of winning the game on Sunday.

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. JetsKickAss

I read all 3 Miami-area newspapers that follow the team.....unless Tua bombs the last 6 games, they are NOT taking a QB and their would be a revolt if there were. Remember, they wanted Tua before Burrow vaulted to the #1 pick ("Tank for Tua").

They are sticking with Tua/Fitz and building the team.

I think that DALLAS could trade for the #2 pick if it is up for sale IF Jerry thinks Fields is a winner. I can see him giving up 3 #1's and a bunch of #2's or four #1 picks. Jerry will spend what Dak costs in 1 year for Fields over 5 years. It's a reset and they can make it work IF they can draft good players with #2 and #3 round picks.

19. JetsKickAss

Not happening.....only if Tua bombs last 6 games.

And the switch to Tua was about THIS YEAR only and NOT seeing if he doesn't have "it" and they need to take a QB again next year.

20. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Thanks very much for the response and research,, I didn’t do nearly as much research so this is good news. I was basing my thought on the earlier Schefter report which hopefully is now outdated:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...lphins-2021-nfl-draft-houston-texans-pick/amp

JetsKickAss likes this.