TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Short of a miracle, the only way the Jets win a game this year is is Fitztragic shows up too late in a game to sub him out.

2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

That’s assuming we draft TL, and he wants to come here.

The most likely scenario is they look at the roster and see the “glaring lack of 1st RD 3-4 D’ends” and use the 1st overall pick to “correct a wrong”.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Interesting that the Jets are ranked 5th even with the toughest SOS after the Texans.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

That would be the most jets thing ever

Stevied likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We can't tank properly.

6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Washington could very well be in the mix--

I do think their defense is very formidable and Haskins is a good kid who is really trying to be a good QB and leader.

Good coach, good defense will get you a long way.

Red Menace and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Not so sure the Giants would. If the Jets were at full strength I think they're maybe a 4-12 team. They look 1-15/0-16 bad now

Denver is on our level. We can win that. But we'd lose to a team like the Texans. Falcons would beat us

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

and ccoaches

tomdeb likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I hate to remind everyone but we did lose to two winless teams last year... so why would anyone, other then just saying SOJ will win and prolong the agnoy, think this coaching staff has the ability to get this team ready to play?
    For pride since its on Natl TV, that is laughable because if they had any at all, they would show some emotion and caring but all you get nothing but uninspired, unemotional players going through the motions collecting their checks.

I expect a loss...

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can and am. I've done it in the past. I'm all about winning the war, i.e., building a team for sustainable success, and not just winning a battle (one season). I'm not interested in having one glorious season then the team returning to shit within a year or two. In wars, as cold as it is, Generals intentionally lose battles in order to gain a strategic advantage. I believe that Douglas is seeking to give himself a strategic advantage, but getting better draft position, and possibly additional draft picks, and to be able to name his own HC. If he ever doubted it, he has to know by now that he will never be able to build a winning team here as long as Adam Gase is the HC. If losing and losing big is what it takes for Chris Johnson to wake up and fire Gase and let Douglas hire the new HC, then I hope we get blown out 40-0 on Thursday and every other game until Gase is fired. We've been embarrassed and humiliated by the Jets before. We're used to it. I could do it for 13 more games without breaking a sweat.

If going 0-16 will get us either Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or a bevy of #1 draft picks in 2021, I'm all for that too. That record will be mostly (95-98%) on the Johnsons and Gase, ([EDIT] Oops, I forgot Mac and Idzik! How in the world did I do that?) and the remainder on Douglas. With a new QB, hopefully a quality HC and CS, and a bunch of draft picks and cap space, Douglas ought to be able to build a winner within a year or two. If not, then it's never going to happen, and I can walk away without any regrets.

#50 NCJetsfan, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  11. NCJetsfan

You're probably right, but I sure hope that you're wrong!!!!

jetstopgun and tomdeb like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a four team race I think including the Jets, Redskins, Giants and Broncos.

Teams like the Lions and Falcons will never be bad enough to grab that top spot because of their QB play.

94Abraham and Shea Jet like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

The other rookies have been injured. Douglas has zero control over that.

tomdeb likes this.
  14. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

No he doesn’t. But the fact that they’re all hurt is curious. One or two guys, ok fine. But 90% of his rookie class? His Free agency “Scores” leave much to be desired too.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

What are the odds that if we get the #1 pick that Trevor either doesn't come out or refuses to play for the Jets?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Extremely small but larger than we'd like. It's only really happened what 3 times in history? Two were Manning's. The only reason the odds are worse for us is because in one of those three instances, our franchise was involved. :(

17. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Right there with you Thursday night! I do have a sneaking suspicion we might win this one, which in the long run will hurt us. Now the Broncos are without their best Dlineman, Jurell Casey. Well see what happens.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Agreed. Imagine 2 0-16 teams this year. The Jets and Giants could make history.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

We need to go the same direction Arizona did with Murray.. they had the same dumpster fire going on with their coaching staff and drafting Rosen.. they get #1 and hire a coach that fits his game.. otherwise ya he might not come out..

20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Is this kid really that good? I saw him at the ACC championship game in Charlotte last year.. idk I don't feel like he's the franchise changing player everyone makes him out to be but I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable college football guy around