TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I gotta say I'm shocked by howmcrappy our team is. We are really bad, we were bad in the last two seasons with rex, bad with bowles except for the first year, but this is new level bad. Even worse than the start of last year.

If we lose out we are a lock for the first pick fyi.

dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Are we sure we want Douglas picking the players? And spending the $? If his goal was to tank, then fine I get it. But his draft picks haven’t done much yet.

3. Stevied

Douglas not double

barfolomew likes this.
  4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Chargers almost beat the Chiefs. There is no way this team beats the Chargers. This game Thursday is indeed for the #1 pick as someone previously mentioned.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  5. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Yes it will be but not what many think... I believe trevor Lawrence is watching how the Jets handle Sam Darold these past 3 seasons ..and doesn’t want the same thing happening to him .. I believe it’s very possible that he will tell the Jets not to draft him or trade his rights...I have zero confidence that the Johnson brothers will hire the right coach .... just look at josh Allen and how the Bills handle him and put the right pieces around him.. if I’m Lawrence I would be thinking about this.... and Just look a those 4 teams Above us Atlanta,Minnesota, Denver, and the Giants... what have the Jets done to show Lawrence we Would be better at putting the right People around him compared to those other four teams??

#25 jetstopgun, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Based on our schedule, it appears the biggest risks in our schedule for us to win would be:

Denver, Miami x 2

I do think Miami should at least split with us. I do think we beat Denver...I don't want that to be the case, but they are brutally bad as well and have no QB.

So if we win vs. Denver and 1 Miami, question becomes:

does 2-14 get us #1 overall?

I think when Lock and Lindsay return for Denver, they will be competitive again.
    Giants should be competitive against Eagles and Washington for those 4 games
    Vikings and Falcons are better than their record, not too worried there

I do think this ends up a 3 way race (Jets, Giants, Denver)

2-14 might do it, but my gut is the tie breaker with Denver will matter

7. Stevied

If/when we fire Gase, we might win too much.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. Stevied

Also, if Lawrence has 1/2 a brain in his head, he’ll pull say he won’t play here if we draft him.

If he actually does come here and he doesn’t do that, Clemson owes him a full-refund.

#28 Stevied, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Miami played Buffalo tight and destroyed Jax who beat the team who just destroyed us.

I don’t see us beating Miami in either game, especially in Miami with fans.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Just speaking for myself, but there's nothing that any of the people who currently suit up for the Jets (minus Becton, Mims, and the rest of the rookies) can do to give me any hope. It's gone completely. I don't even really root for this team anymore, I just turn the games on and laugh at how pathetic we've become. I haven't entertained this group as a serious threat to contend for anything other than the #1 pick in years. The only thing that, IMO, can give us a chance to move forward is to get that #1 pick. Either we take Lawrence or we get the king's ransom that would come in a trade for it that would set us up well for success in the future.

SOJAZ, KurtTheJetsFan and barfolomew like this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I would put Washington in the mix.. They are just as bad as the Giants.

I truly believe it comes down to Thursday night

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I bet you’re right, he is going to be embarrassed for allowing himself to hire Gase because of a phone call made by Manning.

No other owner would have even entertained such a thought yet Johnson was giddy that Manning called him and influenced him to hire a terrible HC.

SOJAZ, tomdeb and barfolomew like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree I do not see how we do not beat Denver. In fact I think we should win in a blowout. Denver without a QB is bad. Expect a lot of runs up the middle and Sam not to be allowed to throw more than 5 yards in the air. Actually this Gase gameplan might be the exact recipe where we could lose. Although with less time to prepare there is less time for Gase to F up the gameplan.

14. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

We will NEVER win with Gase, got to take a loss on Thursday to move forward!!!!!!

Noam and SOJAZ like this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not sure what everyone is worried about. There are no wins on this schedule.

Seattle and LA are going to drop 50 a piece on us.

The only maybe would be Cleveland, IF we have a more healthy roster.

16. Go broncos. I want it to be as humiliating as possible.Leave no fucking doubt how idiotic & complete failures this whole org is.

Centiment and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I hate to say it...our franchise depends on this. MUST LOSE GAME.

Noam likes this.
  18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The jets of old would have won a meaningless game and missed out on a great prospect (most recent was Nick Bosa going to 49ers), but I don't know if this team is even capable of winning a game.

We don't look like we're even playing the same sport - uninspired, non-competitive, no leadership, nothing.

I don't like rooting for losses, but if you're telling me we get Trevor Lawrence, a new coaching staff that actually knows what it's doing (I trust Joe with his ties in multiple spots), then I'm going to root for losses. Douglas trading Adams was to set this team up for the future, and I wonder if Joe actually thought Sam was part of that.

That's a discussion for a different thread but nonetheless, yea I'm cool with tanking and getting 1st.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jests will go 1-15 and draft 2nd....losing Trevor to....the Broncos who go 0-16. Life as a NY Jets fan continues for the next gen.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

While I am disappointed that most of our draft picks are injured I am willing to give Joe Douglas and our scouts a pass until I see how these guys do on the field.

Despite the haul we got in return, Jamal Adams was a huge loss for our defense.

Greg Williams and many of the other players getting a check looked much, much better last year when Adams was there to bail them out.

Now we can honestly evaluate them instead of overpaying everyone just because Adams made them look good.

Aside from Marcus Maye and Quinnen Williams (both keepers), everyone else has 13 more games to fight for a roster spot next year.

Sam Darnold has few tools but needs to fight like hell if he wants to keep his job next year.

apjbfc likes this.