TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

[​IMG]
    Yes. I keep forgetting that Miami owns the rights to the Texans 1st round pick. Miami trading out of the #1 for a haul would be horrible but imo what would become even more disgusting is if Tua flops and looks like crap and Miami drafts Trevor Lawrence and trades away Tua. I couldn't imagine Trevor Lawrence being in our AFC East division after many of us Jet fans have dreamed of Trevor Lawrence a Jet. It'll be disheartening to say the least.

But fk all this negative talk because...

Bills = Jim Kelly.
    Miami = Dan Marino.
    Patriots = Tom Brady.
    NY Jets = Trevor Lawrence.

It's only fair. It's only right.

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yes! We are way past due!!!

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Here's something to worry about: Jerry Jones and the Cowboys finish crappy....have the #2 or #3 or #4 or #5 pick.....Jones lets it be known to Trevor that he's looking at $50 MM a year in endorsement money if he can get to the Cowboys, plus any "fringe benefits" that Jerry can pay under the table and away from the salary cap.

I could see Trevor telling whoever has the #1 pick to flip it to Jerry.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Na. Jerry Jones is 78 years old and hasn't won a SB or even been to a SB dating back to 1995; 25 years and counting.

The Jets aren't a storied franchise within our own right but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are no longer an NFL threat or a dream destination for these college kids coming out today; who weren't even yet born the last time Dallas won a SB.

Kids of Trevor's generation do not look @ Dallas as a winner as we once did growing up; because they haven't won in 25 years. Dallas died when Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irving came to an end; players Trevor probably knows nothing about.

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Life, unfortunately, is not fair.

There is no guarantee that Trevor Lawrence will not be a bust or the Jets will even land him. I will admit he does look very impressive, but so did Luck, right?

Then what if Gase and Arnold attempt to win some games so as not to lose their jobs. There goes the perfect tank plan.

What if Lawrence decides to pull a John Elway or Eli Manning on you?

Are you willing to also lose a game against the dreaded Patriots to as to keep your tank position?

Take my advice, keep your expectations low so you will not be very disappointed.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fk off.

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You act like Luck wasn't a good QB...

He was a top QB in the league for basically his entire career despite the Colts doing almost nothing to add talent around him until the very end. I hate all of these people saying "top QB's don't even work out that often durrr". Not all of them do, but the guys who are put in the Elway/Manning/Luck tier as prospects actually do work out quite often.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Idk if you realize just how bad we are. This isn’t just us bitching, they are on par with a lot of historical 0-16 teams in many categories. Combine that with a hard schedule with no gimmies I don’t see how we win outside of maybe 1 lucky game.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

We need to be Pats fans and pray they are in it until week 17 so they don’t purposely shit the bed against us. We can also be jags fans obviously but man they suck too. Cowboys may be even worse than us too.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Basically, we all need to be Jags, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, and Giants(yuck) fans from here on out. I honestly see the Jags, Bengals, and Giants as our main competition for #1 but the Texans and Vikings are on my list until they get another win.

11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Bengals have a tie so it’s a teensy bit better.

REVISion and KY Jets Fan like this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

That's true. So even if we both had 1-2 wins, we would have a worse winning percentage and would get the better pick. Great point.

Basically, 1 more win for the Bengals and they're totally out of the running for #1 IMO.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

If the Bengals land the #1 overall pick? It's not a lock that they'd trade out of the pick for an absolute haul because A.) They just drafted Joe Burrow. B.) He needs pass protection and C.) Penei Sewell is arguably one of the greatest Offensive Tackle prospects if not the top OT prospect to declare since Orlando Pace.

I don't believe that extra picks would be enough for Cincinnati to pass up on a generational Franchise LT in Sewell, because they've hung Burrow out to dry as a rookie this year; and Sewell can literally turn their kid QB into an All Pro type of QB for many of years to come.

Cincinnati fans want Sewell almost as bad as Jet fans want Trevor Lawrence. That's how great of an LT prospect Sewell truly is.

I could be wrong. But if I had one choice for only one team to finish ahead of the Jets for the #1 pick? It'll be Cincinnati.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If Darnold ends up not being the answer then the Jets have failed to find successed with two top 5 QBs in the last few years and a number of second round QB picks as well - to think that if Lwrence comes to the Jets he won't also be a failure is just wishful thinking - this franchise has never had a top tier QB and will never have a top tier QB - we just don't have the knd of luck it takes - if the Jets take Lawrence then Fields will be the player to go on to be a star, if we end up picking #2 then Lawrence will be the GOAT - its the Jets after enough time you just learn to accept it

barfolomew likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

How many great HOF QBs did NE have before Brady?

Before Patrick Mahomes? The Chiefs were the same as the Jets. Only 1 SB but now they've got 2.

It's amazing what a young franchise QB can do for a Franchise. Thank God KCs faithful didn't write off Patrick Mahomes all because of previous KC bust QBs lol...

To compare the likes of Sanchez, Darnold, Geno, Hack, Petty etc to the prospect of TREVOR LAWRENCE is absolutely clueless because Trevor has already played in two National Championship Games compared to 0 combined out of Sanchez, Sam, Geno, Petty, Hack etc. And STATISTICALLY SPEAKING POUND FOR POUND PRODUCTION etc Trevor Lawrence is becoming the greatest NCAA QB since Peyton Manning and 35-1 doesn't lie. He's on the verge of shattering every Watson record set @ Clemson and on the verge of passing Dan Marino as the greatest ACC QB All Time.

Please stop comparing former Jet QB prospects to Trevor Lawrence because it's cluelessness. Sam Darnold's numbers can't hold a candle light to Trevor's NCAA dominance over the years so plz stop.

Ray Lucas and barfolomew like this.
  16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

HOF QBs? I just want the Jets to have a good QB but it seems even that is too much to ask for this franchise - if we get Lawrence (and this is the Jets so they will win 3 games and miss out) then I really hope that he can be part of turning things around but I have seen too many "can't miss" QB prospects turn out to be disappointments to pin all my hopes and dreams on one player - especially the idea that they can turn this snakebitten franchise into perennial contenders

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Patriots were once called Boston Patriots back in 1960. They ended up winning their 1st SB once Brady arrived 6 SBs later.

KC won their 2nd SB ever once Mahomes arrived and their first one since the 60s.

Seattle been around since 1976 and it took Russell Wilson before they won their first ever.

Saints been around since 1976 and it took Drew Brees before winning their first ever.

Denver been around since 1959 and it took two HOF QBs to win their only 3 SBs and 1997 was their first one under Elway.

The Packers won SBs in 1966 and 1967 and never won another one until 29 years later with Favre of 1996 and then won another one with Aaron Rodgers.

San Francisco 49ers been around since 1946 and didn't start to win SBs until Joe Montana of 1981 (5 SBs later).

Etc. Etc.

Moral of this story? Never underestimate the power of a real generational QB prospect coming out.

Darnold was another USC flash in the pan with mechanical issues, release questions, turnover machine traits and was not considered GENERATIONAL therefore fans didn't know which one to draft out of Sam, Baker, Allen and Rosen. Sam was a hopeful prospect especially for desperate Jet fans but he was never an Elway/Manning/Lawrence type of undisputed generational guaranteed #1 overall pick worthy prospect... Ever.

And there are currently (including the Jets) 19 NFL franchises with 1 or fewer SB titles. We aren't the only one's who currently feel like this (hopeless).

Although a 5th year Joe Burrow had the greatest NCAA single season all time; Trevor Lawrence @ 35-1 and two National Championship Game appearances is literally the greatest QB prospect since dating back to Elway and Manning. We land Trevor Lawrence? And we will become serious contenders for many of years to come.

Peyton Manning is gone. Brady is in the NFC and on the verge of soon retirement and Big Ben is aging etc meaning the AFC is due for new blood.

Chiefs (Mahomes).
    Ravens (Jackson).
    Bengals (Burrow).
    Texans (Watson).
    Bills (Allen).
    Jets (Lawrence).

We land Trevor and JD uses our draft capital and A+ cap space to build around him? NYJ will become AFC contenders and for a very long time too.

I'm not just saying this as an NY Jets fan either. I'm an FSU fan since my teenager years and absolutely ACC crazed storried NCAA program's such as FSU, Hurricanes, Clemson and now Notre Dame and I've never once witnessed an ACC QB dominate our Conference quite like Trevor Lawrence has. Winston although a turnover machine is my favorite FSU QB ever. Watson was the scariest I've seen. Jackson was the most electric and exciting I've witnessed but Trevor Lawrence is the most polished and most deadly QB I've ever experienced and he's got killer eyes super focused on every play and almost broke an NCAA All Time record for most consecutive passes without a single INT.

If we land Trevor Lawrence? The Jets will become a new player @ the poker table this kid is greatness. One of the highest #1 rated QBs in the entire Country coming out of HS... Ever. And now the greatest NCAA QB prospect since EVER (on the verge of shattering Peyton's Tennessee numbers) and if NY gets the #1 pick? Jet fans will one day celebrate.

#317 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    barfolomew likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can you leave this thread alone so we discuss the chances of Jets picking order in the draft? Discuss Lawrence in other threads please :)

barfolomew likes this.
  19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Will do, @Brook!.

I'm amazed we're concerned about one win teams.

Having seen us play, and who our HC is...0-16 all the way.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed reading this.

I know that college talent rarely gets drafted by their childhood dream team, but if Trevor (being a Southern boy) got drafted by his childhood team, what team do ya thing that would be? Tennessee maybe? Who did he follow as a high school phenom?