TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

NOT guys like Trevor Lawrence, Elway, or Peyton Manning.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Two out of three ain't bad." - Meatloaf

3. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

that’s all nice and good...

But a few things - this is a different era of qb...
    So comparing stats is sort of pointless...
    If you simple look at stats, then shouldn’t
    Joe Burrow who had the single greatest season be the best prospect ever? I mean 60 throwing tds, a FBS record, 65 combined Td scores, another FBS record and 463 yards, 5 td - 0 picks vs Clemson in the championship game... I mean Lawrence has never played close to the level that Burrow played at last year. To be fair no one has...

well except of course one...

Tim Tebow, who stands alone as the greatest Qb in college football history...

For the record I like Trevor Lawrence, but I don’t think he is a flawless prospect. Manning’s greatest asset was his brain. I don’t think Lawrence is nearly as cerebral at this point vs how Manning was when he came out. To me, he is somewhere between Andrew Luck and Carson Wentz as an overall prospect.

4. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

We will not get Lawrence..

5. SoylentGreen

To be fair, in the 3 years before he arrived

Clemson went:
    2015 14-1
    2016 14-1
    2017 12-2

and won a national championship, finished 2nd and finished 4th...

and they have done a great job in assembling even more overall team talent now then they did then... maybe the best o-line in all of college + the best RB too in Travis Etiene, who himself has had over 70 tds...

they are ridiculously stacked...

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Burrow had the greatest single season ever. And he also had 4 years of NCAA experience before absolutely exploding during his 5th year. He developed amazingly and that's why he went #1 overall. Cincinnati is blessed right now. Burrow is an absolute nightmare what he did against the SEC and Clemson was #1 pick worthy.

And what Trevor is currently doing is down right special and the reason he's going #1 overall undisputed; because he's been greatness from his first ever snap as a true Freshman. Vs. Alabama. National Championship Game. And rose to the occasion. It didn't take him 5 years to reach the Nation's Spotlight.

2nd year. Undefeated again. Another National Championship Game for the kid PHENOM - before finally losing his first game. Against a 5th year Burrow while as only a 2nd year player. Congrats to Burrow and LSU.

So ok. It took the GREATEST SINGLE SEASON QB OF ALL TIME in Burrow to actually give Trevor his first and ONLY NCAA LOSS? In the freaking Super Bowl of college Football? Well then please sign me up every time

because now in his 3rd year he's undefeated once again and an overall record of 35-1 (and on the verge of his 3rd National Championship Game appearance in as many years). He's shown an ability to bounce back after his first ever loss and hasn't lost yet again. Now 35-1 overall.

He was born for this. And before doing this @ LSU he was winning 40+ consecutive High School games without a single loss he's literally lost 1 game after 36 college showdowns and his 1 loss happens to be against the QB who put up the greatest single season ever all time. Trevor Lawrence is for real people and the greatest PROSPECT I've ever watched play the position. Not a 5th year explosion but rather greatness from the very beginning. Knocked out like Rocky and already back to destroying shit in year #2

and lol don't ever mention Wentz to me again when comparing Trevor as an NCAA QB legend.

Wentz? The 5 year Wentz (Redshirt Freshman year) from North Dakota State who after 4 years only combined for a career 45 TDs and 14 INTs? No wonder why Wentz didn't even play for a Division 1 School; they are nothing alike Lawrence is special man.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok and they had a future NFL Franchise QB in Watson leading the way during 2014, 2015 and 2016 and wouldn't you love another Clemson type of NFL prospect, like Deshaun Watson who won a National Championship under DABO before becoming an NFL Franchise QB to begin with?

To be fair, only great QBs can make a great offense around them... Well.. Great.

So let's not cherry pick those win loss season's without also including who their QB was. Lol.

Because Watson within the NFL, even on a bad team for a bad franchise has put up 86 TDs/34 INTs and a crazy QB Rating of 102.3.

Jet fans would die if we ever seen Sam Darnold from USC Bust University putting up those types of NFL numbers.

I'm an FSU fan. I seen how quickly our offense died after losing Winston. I'm also an ACC Fan crazed. I know teams like Miami and FSU have our great years. And our down seasons in-between. I grew up never thinking Clemson would win Titles against us. But every program has its time to shine and right now it's Clemson's era and their players go on to become absolutely freakish NFL players like how the Canes and Seminoles flooded the NFL with HOF Legends left and mother freaking right! Now it's Clemson's time to make ACC history and the iron is HOT with Trevor Lawrence and if we STRIKE #1 overall I promise on my life Trevor Lawrence is going to be an NFL animal and by the time his 3rd Clemson season is over with he's going to SHATTER every record Deshaun Watson ever set. And that is saying something absolutely incredible.

Clemson down here in the SOUTH has been around as a football program since 1896. Their kids over generations time has played in this current stadium since 1942! Na. This isn't the house Trevor built. But it's the house that never seen an NCAA QB as great as Trevor until now, he's their greatest Clemson QB ALL-TIME pound for pound so please don't use Clemson's RECENT program success as a way to question or slight Trevor. He's there for a reason. Dabo knows greatness. and that's why Trevor is fillng the shoes of Watson without missing a beat and that's because Dabo knew Trevor was greatness since HIGH SCHOOL!

You can post Clemson's records prior to Trevor all you like because I'd argue Watson had way better WRs than Trevor has had and Trevor is still on the verge of shattering every 3 year record Watson had already shattered for Clemson's longtime program. I feared Watson as an FSU fan but nothing like I fear Trevor.

Trevor has only 1 NCAA loss thus far. Watson had 5 (1 to FSU too). Remember that. Their different. They all are.

Clemson is a hot spot right now. D. Watson is living proof. So is Dabo! It's a hotbed right now and Trevor will go down as the greatest Clemson player of All Time and if we get the #1 pick I'm seriously changing my user name to OffenseWinsChampionships with a Lawrence NYJ Avatar photo because here in the ACC? I see NFL greatness right around the corner this kid is truly something amazing.

Joe Namath is from the South.
    Sam Darnold is from Cali.
    Trevor Lawrence is from the South.
    Give me the legendary southern boy to lead NYC lol

Great players in college are surrounded by great players because great players make one another great. Sapp wasn't the only great on Miami U and Primetime wasn't the only FSU great etc. If Trevor is great I want him helping Becton to become greatest. TL is Clemson ROYALTY and great players around him can't change that fact. He makes his RBs life easier 10x and I know because I watch his games.

49-0 at half.
    Trevor benched.
    49-0 end of half.
    That's how freaking great his starters were without him couldn't score a single FG and their 2nd and 3rd string QBs STINK playing with their starters still.

#287 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. SoylentGreen

I don’t think we’re on opposing sides as I like Lawrence, but I think he’s harder to evaluate because of all that is around him.

Also I don’t really care about wins and stats in college when evaluating a prospect. There’s been plenty of Qb’s with lofty amounts of both who have not succeeded in the NFL.

What I do like about Lawrence is his raw arm talent, accuracy, athleticism, and leadership.

What I want to see is him keeping his composure when facing pressure from a close to NFL level defense (LSU like)... which he may not face again in college until the championship game.

Realize, Sam Darnold has faced that sort of pressure in almost every NFL game of his career.
    He hasn’t passed that test.

This is not to detract from Lawrence as a prospect. He’a worthy of being the #1 pick...

But if you want to say, he’s an All-time great then he needs to close out this season with no hiccups imo.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I know we are all in on getting the #1 pick and selecting Lawrence but if for some reason we don't get that pick then how does everyone feel about Ohio St's Justin Fields who is also rated as a very good QB prospect. I hope we can get Lawrence but Fields wouldn't be a bad option either if we miss out on the #1 pick.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Stop.

11. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Patriots losing Julian Edelman doesnt help our chances at all--I'm mainly worried about those two games and Miami

Jets79 and Noam like this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

13. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

This is a Bill Belichick tactic.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He's just being nice.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Falcons win. Nice

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Atlanta just won another game and got their 2nd win!

Jets 0-7.

Vikings 1-5.
    Bengals 1-5.
    Jaguars 1-6.
    Texans 1-6.
    Giants 1-6.

Now only a 6 team race for the #1 pick with the Jets as the (almost) midseason favorites.

However, I won't be able to feel comfortable until these 5 teams above win their 2nd games.

Leicester Jet, Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

This is my favorite thread.

I'll tell you what Brook!

If the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick and draft Trevor Lawrence, due to this thread you've created for us? You'll go down as an even bigger TGG Household Name and TGG legend;

This thread is already my midseason favorite for Thread of the Year award.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

These standings really annoy me considering how much more talented those teams are than us. Ridiculous

Brook!, Jets79, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  19. JetsKickAss

Why ???

20. JetsKickAss

Dolphins own Texans pick.....if they somehow got the #1 overall or #2 overall picks....AND Tua has played REALLY WELL.....I could see them trading down for a haul.