Tankathon - 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wilson will be out 6 weeks after the surgery today is the report I just read.
    .[​IMG]
    3 and 7 or 4 and 6 is definitely in play for them.

2. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Hopefully Seattle crashes and burns hard and the Jets end up with two top 10 picks. I would be happy with that for sure.
    With Wilson’s injury that could be a very real possibility.

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Huge for the Jets.

we could really turn this thing around next year with the draft and strong FA class.

mrjet80 and JetsKickAss like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You've been one of the best posters here, but there is no need for name calling. Asking me to find a new team after being a fan for decades, calling stupid. You are smarter and better than that. I did give him a D when Zach was on track to pass David Carr in sacks, because the most important thing was to protect Zach. The team was also a laughing stock of NFL at that point. Of course it was frustration, and right now it looks like I was wrong about OL and therefore overall. Aside from OL I like almost everything JD did. And even OL is looking a lot better, they just need to keep this up. Especially encouraging was to see AVT doing much better - 0 pressures allowed in last game. OL needs to keep improving and make JD and the Jets look better and better.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. After reading all the negative posts in that thread, I lost it. I can understand people being frustrated, but not blaming the wrong person. JD has added a lot of talent to this team. He can't make FA OL sign here, and he shouldn't have used all his high draft picks on OL or reached for OL over better players at other positions of need. It's the GM's job to secure talent. Then it's up to the CS and players. If it were on JD the OL wouldn't have improved last season or this past Sunday, they would be incapable of improving if JD had signed untalented players. McGovern was a top 10 C in the league when JD signed him. The OL started like crap last season because of no OTAs, mini-camp, or preseason games, but they were pretty solid the second half of the season. Picking the offensive scheme and the blocking scheme and then coaching it is on LaFleur, the OL Coach, the RB Coach, the TE Coach, and Saleh. If the players aren't playing at a satisfactory level, then it's on them, NOT JD.

There is no one on this site that's a bigger fan of Wilson than me, and who doesn't want to see him injured or ruined. That's part of why I got so angry at LaFleur, Saleh and the CS. Up until this past Sunday, they had done a pretty crappy job.

For the record, I like and respect you. I said that your comment/post was stupid, NOT you! We all make stupid comments or have dumb ideas at times. I said that you were smarter than that, and I meant it. It was unlike you to make such a comment. I was shocked. On top of all the other comments blaming JD and posters saying that he should be fired after this season if the team doesn't play better, it was just too much. There were several other posters whom I have always respected and mostly agreed with, and with whom I have enjoyed discussions who made idiotic, irrational statements today. It's bad enough that some other posters have gone over the edge and are posting insane crap. I couldn't take it with posters I like and respect doing the same thing.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I saw a news article today that 80 percent of polled Jet fans were happy with the direction of the team after week 4. After week 3 that number was 39 percent. This tells you somewhat the bipolar nature of football fans but it is worse with Jet fans because we have put up with so many failed hopes that many are at their breaking point.

I have been preaching since OTAs that as fans we will need a lot of patience. A team this young will often be very ugly to watch. It is hard to have hope when things do not go well. But, that is part of the rebuilding process and what we should expect. Do not read too much into the highs and try not to jump off too many bridges after the losses. There are better days ahead. But, it takes time and patience. Two things most Jer fans have very little of.

Jets81, dmw, joelip and 6 others like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Could be a big rally around the new coach win for Jacksonville if they fire Urb the week before.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You lost your credibility a long time ago...

Ralebird likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What's the saying ? "A woman's prerogative to change her mind?" Guys do it too, no? Well I am not going to comment about the Credibility of all the Divas posting here on the TGG (myself included aha) who have a lot a little or something in between. You are all passionate fans of the NYJets and all good in my book!

ATM I personally see our GM as D for not near Failing but Disappointing in not mixing in the right Vets into the whole mix of this Team which is Top Heavy with very young players...if this plan is Genius then I stand corrected. But the 3 losses we suffered right off the bat pushed me to join the LV Raider board as my sanity fail safe if I ultimately decide to give up on Green and White football

If you all think less of me because of my Dual Allegiance I don't really care because Namath and D Lamonica were my favorite players as a kid with some famous battles

With the Jets it's just a roller coaster of love and hate for decades for all you guys..One week ya love them, 7 days later it all sucks! ..so why judge? And I am not going to question credibility and support. I just get it..

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I always liked JD and still do, and I think he is taking the team forward the right way, like his strategy of building from the draft and supplementing with key FAs. Never said he should be fired or anything like that. I liked pretty much every move he made aside from letting Robbie walk and not upgrading OL with likes of Trai Turner and even bringing back Elflein. Most of my posts are praising JD's moves. But I did point out Pat and Trai in the offseason - I just didn't expect this to backfire so badly in the first 3 games of the season, particularly with Van Rotten sucking it like cheap whore. Seeing Zach getting David Carred is what made me pretty upset JD didn't get guys like Trai, whom some fans were actually suggesting, that's about it really. The way OL was, it's like building a brick castle with the tall iron fence around it, where JD did a great job, and then getting a crap front door lock - our OL.

Last time though OL showed it was not as bad as they looked first 3 weeks. Maybe they are starting to jell in the new system and also AVT, who is only a rookie, is improving. As long as that front door lock holds, JD has done his job and deserves high praise, since he certainly did well in other areas. If we have a David Carr like repeat of first 3 games though, no matter how good other areas look, there will be plenty of blame to go around, starting with JD. I am hoping we are past that point though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Even after week 3, I still thought the direction was right. The problem was that I was genuinely worried Zach will get seriously hurt and won't even make it to the end of the year without being ruined. It's the eye test, and also I think @REVISion posted the stats showing that Zach is having it worse than David Carr, who is widely looked at as a premier talent who was ruined. But you are right about patience, it appears protection is getting better and that's really the main thing I was asking for. It also would be nice if Davis stopped dropping balls, but as long as Zach is protected, I think the rest of the things will work themselves out eventually.

NCJetsfan, REVISion and Noam like this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's a genius move if it works. If all, or most at least, of those young players go on to form the core of a young competitive side in a couple of years. It's a big IF still, even if some early indications are good, and it is a huge F if it doesn't happen. The same can be said of most GM and coaching moves though. I'm cool with going this route for a change rather than relying on expensive FAs and cheap fillers as the Jets have done for much of the last decade.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

While the protection improved Zach made a noticeable change in how he deals with the pressure. When I looked at his 38 dropbacks I saw him get the ball out a lot faster. It was one hitch and the ball was gone. He did not attempt to step up in the pocket or slide he either got rid of it or ran out of the pocket. He did this on all snaps but one where he held the ball a little to long. So in essence he took GVRs advice and made a big adaption. But that is what this season is about learning, adapting and improving.

Oh and I was worried as well. The 1.7 sec stat before the pocket collapsed was ridiculous. Glad there was improvement by both Zach, the OL, the rb pass protection and the WRs holding on to the ball. For him to progress everyone on the offense needs to keep improving.

Jets81, joelip, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There is a legitimate chance the Seahawks 1st round pick will be higher than the Jets 1st Round pick. I don't think anyone expected that to be a possibility headed into the 2021 season.

Noam likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Uh. Whut?

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn’t go that far yet. Yes Seattle’s pick will be higher than we all figured going into the season but as of now the Jets own pick should be higher. Hopefully that changes though ….

It’s funny how much brighter things look in only one weeks time ….

#116 mrjet80, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Borat and Noam like this.
  17. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I'm getting Geno flashbacks.

I hate this.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You scared me with this post. I had the wrong Wilson. LOL!

PJ4Ever likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Same. I watched the Seahawks game, and stumbling on that post yesterday still made my knees wobble. Be careful with your top of the page posts, people! lol.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Soooooo

We currently have the third pick of the draft. Just ahead of Jax and Detroit.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.