Tankathon - 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets really are as bad as last year and we don't fire everyone and get a Parcells 2.0 to run the team, I'm officially done as a Jets fan.

nevbeats319, mrmajix, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I can’t take another tank season….. I finally was excited to cheer for my team again. Fuck this sucks

barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

barfolomew likes this.
  5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

What I don’t understand (and just can’t excuse) is how the offense has managed to get worse game to game…like wtf man.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Shoot.. The offense Is worse from last year. Gase was trash tier as a HC. Just awful. How we've gotten worse to this point IS insane to me. On top of the fact that we are getting worse, like you said, as we go. It's too much.

REVISion likes this.
  8. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

It's only 3 games into the new regime and as horrible as it looks, it's going to take time to put together a team that can play together. JD is still in charge and we need to give him time to build this team. As frustrating as it is, we need to look forward.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just stop watching this trash, its only going to vet worse, Zach Wilson is behind awful, this team as a hole is terrible, the only highlight is the defense from time to time, stop wasting your Sundays

mrmajix, blackssmagic and Brook! like this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we have a rookie QB (who never played against top tier competition in college) and a new OC that is new to the role - we have not fixed the O-Line despite it being terrible for years and do not have a quality running back - I am not even slightly surprised that the offense is worse - the only question is whether it ever gets better

Brook! and Losmeister like this.
  11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Yeah let’s start over again and get BiLl PaRCElLs to run the team!

barfolomew and FJF like this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Is this who we are looking forward too? No nothing about next year's top prospects

13. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

But I like was to g my Sundays.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

also - you can guarantee the Jets get the #1 pick in a year where there is no consensus #1 QB prospect that everyone will be fighting over

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

What are we doing wrong man.

The Browns turned the corner. The Raiders are 3-0 and look great. San Fran completely changes their entire roster and looks great. The Bills are a top team now.

I mean what the fuck are we doing wrong. How does anyone in this fuckin building sleep at night

16. HomeoftheJets

There's a difference between a Parcells 2.0 and Parcells himself. I mean if this team is really this bad, Woody needs to open his pocketbook and convince a really good coach/GM to come to the Jets by paying him more than anyone else will, or I'm out as a Jets fan.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's the issue though, no?

We have drafted OL In the first round the last two years. We have drafted a WR In the 2nd round the last two years. We have added multiple OL via free agency. We have added a "true #1" at WR. We added another "quality" addition alongside our "#1 WR" via free agency. We have kept two of our younger RB's from a previous regime. We drafted a "steal" RB In the 4th round this past year. We are also running "the greatest offense In the world" with the scheme that has been implemented.

Oh, almost forgot, we drafted an "upgrade" over the first round "FQB" we drafted and traded for three years prior.

So. It should be surprising that the offense Is worse.. considering the "additions" that have been made. No?

To me. Why would anyone expect a regression from last year with the moves that have been made this past off-season especially?

18. HomeoftheJets

It takes about two years to turn around an NFL team. Douglas has had two years, and this team is worse than the one he inherited. Face it, he sucks.

94Abraham and REVISion like this.
  19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Who’s this magical Bill Parcells wonder GM. Also, no. You can’t give a GM two off seasons to rebuild a terrible team and then expect to hire a good GM - who would want to come here with impatience like that?

Skicats, NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

How would I know, I'm not privy to who might be convinced to run the team for enough money. And I don't think impatience is the issue here; it's pretty obvious Douglas is terrible. Also, impatience was never the issue with coaches and GMs; it was forcing people on each other (like most recently forcing the new GM to pair up with Gase) that resulted in this mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.