Tank? How Does that Work?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

Given what talent we (don't) have, I'm afraid our season will look more like:
    [​IMG]

Spinning our tracks and going nowhere, with no recovery vehicle in sight.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Time to call in the choppas...

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

These latest moves give me a glimmer of hope as a Jets fan.

I'd prefer the 0-16 just to secure #1 overall. If they can win a game and still get it great but first things first to me.

I will not be attending a game regardless this year. I'll start showing up to games again when the team shows some signs that effort is being made to not be one of the very worst franchises in the league.

boozer32 and westiedog1 like this.
  4. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I think we end up with 4 wins. Our defense should keep us in some games. 4 wins would look like splitting with buffalo, beating the brownies, splitting with miami, beating San Diego at home.

Burnz likes this.
  5. In my estimation all "worst teams in football" are not created equal. We've been that a few times over but for once this feels much different. This isn't a bunch of miscast fading big names, or prime aged players who simply aren't good.

This is mostly unproven kids...many of them not lacking in ability.Now they likely aren't gonna win much b.c you have to have a few prime timers w. experience under their belt to carry you.We may also find out that we still lack some star power..or ANY star power for that matter,lol. But if this is at least a foundation from to build upon, we'll be much better off February of next year than this past one.

MJK, NCJetsfan and PulseJet like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The upside to this upcoming season is that all these kids who will stick with the team will also grow up together so to speak. We may suck in '17 and '18 but if the result of that is creating a solid roster while at the same time, finding our FQB, I'm all in. If Bowles shows he can grow as a HC, then I'm on board with keeping him around. If Macc's plan starts to bear fruit, I'm with keeping him around as well.

Basically, this fanbase needs to see results in the form of improvement both in the roster and in the play on the field. I think we have the patience to wait a few more years as long as we all know the "why" behind the roster/salary purge.

JetsNation06, Brook! and Poeman like this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

4 wins??!? That is at the very least 3 too many!!!

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

All this means nothing if we don't draft successfully...and I am not yet confident that will be the case.

Bowles is also not someone I trust with the youngest team in the NFL given his "awe shucks" demeanor.
    My stomach hurts

JetsNation06 and westiedog1 like this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Watch Bilal Powell run for 2000 yards and lead the Jets to a 7-9 record with Josh McCown

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we don't get the number 1 pick outright we won't get it all, Cleveland and Buffalo who both will want a QB have way more picks to move up than we will...as usual we have shit and a GM that matches.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

As sad as it sounds, I'm very excited for this season. I fully expect us to be a bottom feeder team with maybe five wins max. I'm excited for the unknown, watching our young players play is going to be a thrill. Who steps up? Who shits the bed? Will Hackenberg be our guy? If anyone expects this team to be anywhere near .500 you should go see a psychologist.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Eh. The defense will probably be average at worst. We wont go 0-16. 2-14 maybe

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Speaking of Sam Darnold.

He's a West Coast kid from Cali who's been born and raised within beautiful weather.

Has he proven himself (on the football field) that he'll even be able to perform under hazardous conditions such as snow, the windy meadowlands or very cold temperatures of the Northeast region?

These are things in which i think about and ask myself about some of these pretty boy QB's from Cali (especially USC).

I'm a longtime FSU fan and loved Winston during his two amazing seasons with my Seminoles and staying in the state of Florida and being drafted by Tampa was a match made in heaven for a southern kid like Winston. But I'm not so sure that going to a Windy City like Chicago or the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay would be a good look for Winston.

Now yes. I know there have been great QB's from the state of Cali with Aaron Rodgers being one of them. But i just get worried. Every kid is different.

Just our luck we suck for Darnold. Draft him #1 overall. Only to find out he's more of a dome and/or a pretty weather QB who's simply not built for the cold, wind & snow. That. Would. Suck.

That's why I'm hopeful with Hack. A big kid. Strong arm. Etc. And coming from Penn State maybe he's just built for this shit.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Tank have tracks. Go round and round. Lots of armor protecting. Big guns go BOOM. Much death and destruction.

[​IMG]

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post!! I couldn't possibly agree more. I'm more excited to see the Jets play than I have been since 2010.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the season. I don't expect many wins but I do expect the kids to be very competitive. There will be mistakes, a part of the learning curve, but every play will be an audition for a future role. No complacency, plays,quarters,half's,or games off like we saw all to often last season. We get to hopefully see a young roster grow, evolve and develop. Last season was just bad. How many games were even watchable. Aside from Enunwa and Williams, and the young players who got playing time, there was little to no effort. I'm expecting to see effort on every snap. That's all we can really ask of the team. If that happens , I think we will surprise alot of the media.

NCJetsfan, hwismer and Red Menace like this.
  17. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

But a psychiatrist will give you meds

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Looking at the schedule and even before the cuts I don't see them beating anyone this year. Never said that in years of watching this team. But the stars is aligned for it to happen. Bad head coach, bad draft picks, no starting QB, suspect back up QB's and a extremely inexperience team.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

What good is a big armed kid if he's inaccurate in perfect weather. If you have problems with Darnold there is the QB from Wyoming.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's kind of funny how you first knock Hack's accuracy but then mention Josh Allen out of Wyoming there after.

As if Josh Allen as a 1st year player (2nd year kid) did not just put up a completion percentage of only 56.0% last year.