Talks between Brees and New Orleans heating up?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 12, 2006.

1. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Deff. ESPN without a doubt. PFT has their head up their ass about these situations.

2. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

if the saints do sign brees, we do not need to trade up because most likely the titans will take young! and if they do take leinart then we can take young................i will be happy with either:breakdance:

3. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I agree either QB would be fine although I would prefer Leinart over Young because he would be a better fit.

4. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

yea i also prefer leinart but like i said,,,, i would take either............but on draft day i will be rooting for titans to take young!

5. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

He's landed in Ft. Lauderdale, and who knows what will happen now....

I heard the Saints offer wasn't enough,{around 10 million to sign / approx 5 yrs - 40 million}, and if that's true, I'm not sure what kind of offer the Phinz are going to give him. We'll see where this leads....

6. Prepare for a bidding war. How high will Saban be willing to go compared to a franchise desperate to give its fans something to look forward to after catastrophe?

7. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

There wont be a bidding war for Brees in my opinion....

One reason - QB D. Culpepper....

I think with him in the mix, Saban will be very hesitant to break the bank for Brees. I heave a feeling Brees is going to have to settle for less if he wants to play for the Phinz....

8. You maybe right. but I have a feeling Culpepper ends up in either Zona or Oakland

9. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

if the saints sign the injured brees i see vince young being there at 4.there is a god on the Jets side

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think you might be sad on Draft day bud. I don't think there is any chance that Mangini draft's Young.

11. I agree. Mangini is way too no nonsense to take a guy like Young. He'll take Cutler over him 10 times out of 10.

12. PennyandtheJets

Exactly. I think that's the kind of player Cutler is as well...

Cutler was quoted saying that when he was interviewed by the Jets at the combine that he was really impressed with how the Jets were "All about business" He also said he liked that...

Not to say Vince isn't all about football...but he doesn't seem to fit with our new regime...try to picture Bill Bellichick with Vince Young...

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

With all respect, the Jets cannot trade up.

14. PennyandtheJets

Really? Since when did that law come into affect?

15. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Whatever your stance is on Vince Youngs future as an NFL QB - you have to be very excited about him falling to #4. I don't care if he scored a 1 on the wonderlic - he will be coveted on draft day. This would create much more of an opportunity to trade down then if Brick were available.

I think Young is a gamble. But, Mangini really wouldn't have an issue with Young IMO. The Patriots model is to get tough players that know how to win. Skill Sets aside that describes Vince to a T. If they think he can succeed at the NFL level then there won't be any issues with him fitting in with our new regime.