Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

2. Section 227. Row 5

I've given up on searching for a room for now. Every place close to Cowboys Stadium is saying, "No availability at this time." Everything is blocked off for now.

When the Steelers and Bears lose tomorrow, I think something will open up.

I'm not opposed to landing in DFW, renting a car, and just cruising around until I find a place either.

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The word purchase means to buy, you can't buy something that didn't happen. I am saying what the Jets front office has told others in regards to the Super Bowl lottery. And lets be honest if you aren't a Coaches Club STH then you probably aren't getting SB tickets at face value from the Jets. And no I am not ROJF, sorry to disappoint those that thought I was!

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Only way I'm going is if I'm in the venue. I can throw my 50" outside in my backyard for free.

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The key to understanding location is understanding the geography. The DFW Metroplex is anchored by two, relatively large cities with real "downtowns." Both cities are surrounded by suburban sprawl and the "mid-cities" are essentially full, typical suburbs. Think Long Island.

The Death Star is located in between them in Arlington. Of all the mid-cities, Arlington is the most "fun" friendly as there are numerous bars and restaurants to service nearby attractions like the Ballpark at Arlington, Six Flags, the Arlington Convention Center, and a water park (I forgot its name). BUT - you have to understand that DFW is a "car" area. There are very few areas where you can walk to/from multiple bars and your hotel.

If I had to get a hotel room and was interested in "fun", I would stay:
    1. Downtown Ft Worth - expensive, but lots of things to do. I love the Worthington, but it would expect the cost to be insane.
    2. Downtown/Uptown Dallas - while downtown tends to clear out at night by Northeast standards, these areas have some nice hotels and decent nightlife. Although not downtown, there are a number of hotels on Stemmons Freeway and Central Expressway that are a short cab ride from various entertainment areas like Greenville Avenue, Downtown, McKinney Ave, and Deep Ellum. The Stemmons hotels are a short cab ride from some of the better "adult" bars.
    3. Arlington - it has lots of bars within a easy car drive. Convenient to the stadium and the airport. I would avoid their adult bars - shady and skanky. Dallas has the best talent of the three areas.

Areas to Avoid:
    1. South Dallas - there are some nice places, but you will probably not find them without a friend who knows the area.
    2. East Dallas/Mesquite - not much going on out there. Too far from the stadium.

MUST AVOID: DO NOT GO in "ALL NUDE" bars. Because they cannot have a liqour license, they do not get the best talent.

BTW - I have no personal knowledge of where the teams are staying, but I would bet my money on the following likely candidates. I would not expect any of the teams to stay in Arlington:
    1. Anatole - Presidents stay there when they are in Dallas. I know the NFL is there b/c that is where I have to pick up my tickets. It is my "money" pick.
    2. Dallas Hyatt Regency
    3. Dallas Adolphous Hotel - spectacular hotel
    4. Worthington - if they split the teams between Dallas and Ft Worth, one of them will stay there.
    5. The Mansion at Turtle Creek - spectacular hotel
    6. Crescent Hotel - very nice hotel

6. Section 227. Row 5

Can you guys hold your pissing contest somewhere else? I created this thread to help guys who are seriously trying to get hooked up in Arlington if the Jets win on Sunday.

Who gives a fuck what the front office says. They lie like a rug anyway. No one in their right mind is counting on jack shit from the ticket office.

7. Section 227. Row 5

That's more like it Diggety. Thank you.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know many guys who DID NOT purchase the playoff tickets----MANY!

9. Section 227. Row 5

Does Anybody Know This Stadium?

I see some upper EZ seats for sale on StubHub that look "underpriced." Are there "dead" zones in this stadium with restricted views that we should know about, like behind a jumbotron or something?

"Underpriced" isn't the word though, really. Ticket prices are already through the roof. But there are only 1400 seats available right now, so hopefully they will come down when the vast majority hits the secondary market.

Funny, because last year at this time, I remember 17a and me and others looking at more tickets available as of now, and prices that started around $1700, with decent Upper seats in the $2250 range. Right now, with only 1400 on the market, they don't start until $2800 or so.

I know this because I was eyeballing a pair that I wanted... upper corners in a low row for about $2200... came to $2400 and change with fees. I was going to pull the trigger, and then we lost and it all fell through.

THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS TIME FELLAS. WE'RE GOING TO THE DANCE THIS YEAR!

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Buy your tix now if you see a good price.

Jets are going and there will be a ton of rich ass bandwagon fans buying just because they can.

40+ years baby!!!

Go Jets!!!

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i hope not

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm sure of it dude.

Price will go up at 10 pm.

13. 17a_tailgater

prices just dropped

14. 17a_tailgater

lowest price $2675

15. Section 227. Row 5

That's better. It was $2850 about an hour ago.

16. Section 227. Row 5

$2780 with 1398 seats available.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Shut the thread down....

18. TOMMY1961

TOMMY1961 New Member

use the ,money to pay for your PSL

19. 17a_tailgater

same seats are now $2640
    Section - Lower End Aux 346 A
    row 30

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey at least you aren't sitting on tix you really don't want this year. Smart move holding off until after the game!