Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Well said. If we choose to sell our seats (we already won the NFL lottery and have tickets for sure) on Stubhub, we are expecting a huge profit. We couldn't have picked a better foursome of teams for the Championship games.

The Bears, Packers, and Steelers fans are probably the best traveling teams in the NFL. The Jets are from the biggest football market in the US, their fans are relatively affluent, and their fans are desperate after decades of failure. All four teams mean bigtime profits.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah right! Nice 3rd post. :rofl: What a great lay-up for 227!

And the entire organization has been promising a Super Bowl appearance for the past two years, so when we get to the AFC Championship game AGAIN, we still are not sure how to handle the ticket thing.

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I havent had a chance to reach out to the Jets Ticket office regarding the super bowl lottery, but I do recall getting an email back in November in regards to possible home playoff games and Super Bowl Eligibility.

Super Bowl Eligibility

If you decline this playoff option, your season ticket status for next year will not be affected.
    Should the Jets advance to the Super Bowl this season, only those who purchase this playoff package will be eligible for any selection process to purchase Super Bowl tickets from the Jets "Participating Team Allotment."

Take it for what its worth. I'm just glad I paid my playoff invoice.

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Anyone looking for hotels try the Holiday inn group , they have some around Dallas outskirts which can be cancelled with no deposit.

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Thanks Bro, I need an address to give to the airline tomorrow night when I hit the trigger. Nice that I have a Holiday inn Loyalty card too.

7. maynardsmyhero-uk

No probs, hotels around $180 plus tax about 8 miles from Downtown....should be a good drunken walk up the freeway!!!!!

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

Galleria area is now my destination, got all the bars etc plus its ONLY! 10 miles from Stadium. HI Express/ la Quinta and Candlewood all under $269.

9. maynardsmyhero-uk

Sorry guys a bit of duff info ref the HI. There is a deposit hidden away which this drunken fucker didn't notice , its one nights stay. Still it only cost $620 for the three nights....if worse comes to the worse I will go there whilst I am in US!

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

Use booking.com if you can or similar hotel search engines and ther are no deposits . Good luck all and roll on Sunday!!!

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Since we didn't have any home playoff games it doesn't matter if you paid for playoff tickets. Everybody that has an account in good standing is entered in the lottery. I guess we will all find out on Monday, it defiantly stinks that we have to wait this long to find out, I guess it is what it is.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Because you are persona non grata. No one of importance. Nothing but a loyal season ticketholder. WTF makes you think you're entitiled to be considered for anything but a good financial fleecing?

13. Section 227. Row 5

DING... DING... DING!

This gentleman gets the 227 Superbowl Thread Award for 2011. He nails it.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

psl owners had to send in cash and uppers had to put a credit card on file.and there was a due date. so even if we didnt have a home game,you still had to act as if you where going to purchase.

15. Section 227. Row 5

He's correct. You had to take action. If you didn't at least sign up with intent to pay for the playoff tix (by authorizing your CC to get hit), you didn't qualify for the SB tix (according to them, the lying bastards that they are).

But who knows? And who the hell would NOT sign up for playoff tix? So that's 97% of the STHers who are entitled to a shot at the SB tix, I guess.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Hotel Help Please

Today, I will be scouting around for a hotel. Can anyone fill me in on the following?:

1) What area would be the best to stay in? I would like some activity nearby (bars, things to see and do, restaurants within walking distance if possible, party atmosphere, etc). Don't want to be stuck out on the prairie looking at tumbleweed outside my Motel window.

2) Are there any chains that will NOT charge me a cancellation fee? I want to reserve now, but want the option of getting out on Sunday night.

We all need to help one another in this thread. I can understand if you've found a place and don't want others to know about it because they'll be deluged with phone calls and then you won't get in. But if you've found a cool place to stay and have already made a reservation, please share it with us here. This could be a lot of fun. Thanks.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Rental Car Help Please

Today I would like to set up a rental car. Can anyone help with the following?:

1) Has anyone found a good rate? I'm not naive to think that I won't have to pay the frieght, but I don't want to pay though the nose either.

2) Are there any rental chains that do NOT have a cancellation fee? I want to reserve now, but want the option of cancelling on Sunday night.

3) Is it better to rent at the airport? If so, which chain and what are the rates?

If you've already found a good rental car place, please share the info with us so that other Jets fans can benefit. Thanks in advance.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I put my cc down, I have been building karma points every snowstorm, the lottery tix are mine!!!!

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Just curious, how exactly did you come to that conclusion? It clearly states in the email that "only those who purchase this playoff package will be eligible for ANY selection process to purchase Super Bowl tickets from the Jets Participating Team Allotment."

Me thinks you didn't purchase this option!

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Obviously he's close with that non-factor ROJF. Maybe he is ROJF?