Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I went to school at UT. 40,000 college kids=fun town. Get some Margaritas and Mexican Food at Chuy's.

Since you will likely be inebriated, I will take it upon my self to provide some guideance. In that condition, it is very important to not get lost.
    6th Street - Drunken College girls with great bars.
    5th Street - bars for male/female/other fans of the Bravo Network.

One other thing, if you meet some girls from Baylor University, you should know Baylor is the Baptist version of BYU. Baptist fathers all over America send their daughters to Baylor where they have very strict rules for everything. Luckily for UT men, they will drive 90 minutes to Austin to escape the prison that is Baylor. I guarantee you that they will be the wildest girls you will meet. Enjoy

3. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Good post Digetydog. You may find yourself in demand for more information in the next couple of weeks for Jet Invasion of Dallas. Stay close.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

If you're in either Austin, or Dallas be sure to check out one of my favorite places - The Gingerman. There's one in each city. These bars along with the one n Houston were the fore-bearers of the one that opened in NYC on 36th St. but are WAY cooler since they are renovated houses and more low-key than the NYC location.

Same deal though, 60 plus tap beers from everywhere.

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Okay heading down Saturday and intend to watch on jumbotron if all goes to plan!

Hope to meet up with as many fellow ganggreeners as possible!!

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ok---I am a non believer like many of you but here is what I was just told by the Jet office----I asked if it was true , that what I had heard about the Superbowl lottery and the upper bowl/ ticket holders having zero chance at any lottery when it takes place

to quote "That is not true. All season ticket holders, even the upper level, will be a part of the drawing"
    I hope that this guy was straight with me--for what it is worth in the past he has

7. LogeSection2RowJ

Great news - I was one of the doubters so I am happy to hear it. I still wonder how "legit" it'll be regarding the number of seats available since so many are guaranteed to Coaches Club owners.

I'm one of those long-timers who won the lotteries of 1983 and 1998 only to watch all travel plans fall apart in disgust. Maybe it'll be different this time without knowing while the game is being played.

8. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Very rough estimates would lead me to believe that there is a 28% chance of getting selected in the lottery. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but maybe my assumptions could be off.

I took the 18,375 seats allotted to NYJ, subtracted out 2,000 for coaches club who have guaranteed seats, subtracted out 1,000 more for Woody's friends & family (maybe this is where I underestimated) divided that by 2 to get 7687 "packages of two SB tix" to be given out. Then took the capacity of 82500 took out the 2000 coaches club, divided that by 3 to consider the people who bought more than 2 season tickets. Then divided that group into the 7687 to get 28%.

9. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Looks like the Auxiliary bleacher seats that they have brought in for the game have hit the secondary market and are now the cheapest option. Apparently they are obstructed view seats probably because they weren't meant to be there and could have poles & other objects in the way of the view of the field.

They can be had for aroudn $2250 a pop though making them currently the cheapest option.

10. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

One last thing and the reason our Front Office sucks donkey dong.

Packers season ticket holders were notified Jan 7th, 2011 if they were selected in the lottery.

Bears season ticket holders were notified January 20th, 2011 if they were selected in the lottery.

Steelers season ticket holders were notified January 20th, 2011 if they were selected in the lottery.

We have no frickin idea, and have to wait until whenever our lottery is held and be last to get a shot at tickets because of that.

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what is the deal with these ticket prices????

12. LogeSection2RowJ

WOW.

Sadly it must be because there are so many people to take care of, wink wink, so many ideas by the office flunkies to Woody of how to leverage this in order to sell the unsold PSL's, that they don't know how to handle it yet.

I understood last year, since they were totally in SELL PSL mode, but the fact that it's this year too really sucks. It certainly is not good news for most of us.

13. davor999

davor999 New Member

I think its just poor organisation and laziness from the Jets Admin team, rather than cronies lining up for tickets.
    That and the fact that the Packers, Bears, and Steelers have all been to the superbowl much more recently - so our admin guys just weren't prepared for this like they should have been.
    C'Mon Ticketing guys - It's Go Time!

14. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Does anyone have any idea of the seat location if you do win the tickets? Im assuming they will be upper deck but im staying positive and hoping that we get a treat!

15. 17a_tailgater

i want to be in the uppers.
    the uppers last year was nothing but bunches of gold and black and white and blue. like a college bowl game. the crowd was awesome full of rowdy full throttle heart all in fans.
    lower bowl suits with mixture of fans.

i want to be in the uppers....

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's so nice of you to give the ticket office the benefit of the doubt. The excuses you offer for them are admirable. In a peachy keen world, all is forgiven as they leave us all dangling and we can chalk it off to inexperience on their part, or "laziness" as you say, or poor "organization," or just plain old forgivable ineptness.

And you'll find somebody to buy into this... you really will. It's just that you won't find them here. You won't find them here because this is GROUND FUCKING ZERO for getting the shaft form the Jets' front office.

You have no idea what some of us have been through the past two years. Two fucking years of misinformation, deception, half-truths and flat out deliberate, bald-faced, attrocious, inexcusable and unforgivable lies.

So yes, believe that this is all about "not being prepared." We know this is all about screwing your own family and leaving them dangling while you deseminate the Superbowl tickets to everybody under the sun except the Season Ticketholder. They're fucking deplorable.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Look at the 4 teams remaining and you'll have your answer. I've got my brother in law trying to get his vet allotment if possible and if the Jets win. Usually, it's really tough to make a request this late. I've resigned myself to staying home at this point.

18. Section 227. Row 5

In the far end of the north parking lot in Porto-Potty numbers 118-342. You get to watch the screen from between the louvers. Face value is $1450 but they'll sell for an easy $2,000.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Hotel Suggestions Anyone?

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions? Is it possible to make reservations anywhere where they won't charge you if you cancel?

Ideas anyone?

20. 17a_tailgater

airfare thats it.
    ill get a hotel after we win.
    everywhere was non refundable. except i found one that was like $400 a night that was refundable but im not paying 3 nights at $400 a pop.