Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

It doesn't matter if you sent your playoff invoice in or not. We didn't have a home playoff game so every STH will be entered into the lottery. I am very curious to see how many Super Bowl tickets there are for STH's. But all Coaches Club ticket holder's will receive two Super Bowl tickets.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

3. 17a_tailgater

btw at last years super bowl i didnt have to show my ticket to enter the NFL Tailgate area.it was like a giant carnival with food drinks rides and activities.

i definitely am not paying tons of money for a ticket or one o these ridiculous packages.they are a rip off.

my airline is already reserved thru points.
    i get a discount thru hotels.com and found a 2 queen bed suite with separate room for $200 a night 13 miles from stadium.

lets go jets

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

From Jets Box Office RE: SB Lottery:

While we appreciate and understand your growing excitement towards the possibility of the team and you, the season ticket holder, going to the Super Bowl, we cannot provide any information regarding how the drawing will work at this time. We are working very hard with the league to get all of this information finalized. As soon as we have a firm answer we will provide it to all season ticket holders.

Thank you & Go JETS!

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Statement: "We cannot provide any information regarding how the drawing will work at this time."

The Real Truth:
    Of course you can. You're an NFL Football franchise and know EXACTLY how the drawing works and how many tickets will be available. You've known the capacity of the stadium for months and how many tickets will come your way, yet you act as though you don't.

Statement: "We are working very hard with the league to get all of this information finalized."

The Real Truth: You're working very hard to establish which cronies, advertisers, friends of Woody, former players and anyone and everyone who you want to take care of will get tickets. Then you'll dole out the leftovers to STHers if any are left.

Statement: "As soon as we have a firm answer we will provide it to all season ticket holders."

The Real Truth:
    There is no "firm answer" you're waiting for from anyone because you already have the policy and percentages in place. The reason you won't provide STHers with the information is because you know you're going to have pissed off customers and you want to make sure you pare down as many tickets as possible before announcing it. The less they know the better. Keep them in the dark as usual. Deceive them and lie to them, as you did with the parking after the fact.

Nothing has changed with this front office. The fan comes last.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

My thoughts too. I will be there no matter what but if ticket prices hit the roof I will have to settle with partying with the best of them whilst watching outside the stadium.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I really need this baby to pop out now. I also can fly down for free but I need to move soon.

9. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

My Wife is a midwife I will ask her for some pointers for you to hurry things along although this has all hallmarks of baby arriving on the 6th and having to be called after the player who grabs the winning touch down for the Jets.

10. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

This is sad but very true, I heard that Packers STH's already know who has won the lottery. I doubt any non Coaches Club holders will be able to buy SB tickets at face value.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Her mother is a nurse in L & D and she recommended banging sex so we've been going that route since conception.

There aren't any Irish players on the Jets so we'd have a tough time.

12. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Ha! I didn't want to mention the one about wild sex but that I believe this is the surest method of advancing things.... You lucky bastard!

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

With our first, he was 2 weeks late and her mom pulled me aside and told me.

I was like, "whoa.... fuck bumpy roads..."

14. sportsgirl

sportsgirl Banned

15. 17a_tailgater

get the f^ck off our site.

Good job being creative and saying your a girl,george.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

$200 To stand outside

NFL to charge people $200 to stand outside Super Bowl stadium

For one-third the price of a regular ticket, NFL fans will be able to stand outside Cowboys Stadium and act like they are attending the Super Bowl XLV. The league announced on Wednesday that tickets to watch the game on large HD video screens on the east side of the stadium will cost $200.

They're calling it the "party plaza," because what's more of a party than spending two bills to go through a security line for the right to sit on a grassy knoll, pay $9 for a beer and watch a game that's freely available on television?

Tickets will first be offered to Cowboys season-ticket holders who will have to buy in blocks of four. The $800 will cover four tickets to watch the game, four programs, four scarves and a parking pass. Scarves? For that price, they better be Burberry.
    "We've never done this before," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told ESPN Dallas of the league's plan to price-gouge folks who want to attend the Super Bowl without actually attending the Super Bowl.

Besides additional revenue, the biggest upside for the Cowboys is that those buying tickets to the party plaza will count toward the game's official attendance. Jerry Jones has expressed a desire to break the Super Bowl record for biggest crowd, which was set in 1980 when 103,985 attended the game at the Rose Bowl.

How people standing outside a stadium counts as attendance is beyond me. If you're standing next to an unplugged TV, does that mean you'll be tallied in the Nielsen ratings?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ple-200-to-stand-outside-Super?urn=nfl-309783

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

18. 17a_tailgater

if we could tailgate and watch the super bowl inside the meadowlands that would be pretty cool. with our own halftime show and shit.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Booked a flight to Austin, with last years cancellation fee, cost me $20. Why Austin? Because if we win and we don't get tickets, I still want to do a road trip with my STH boys and Austin is a party town, condo's are cheap and its 3 hrs. away from Dallas if we do score 4 tickets. My issue is we are 4 and the most you can get is 2 tickets. Most importantly, I have the plane. Once again, its wait and see if we can actually win the damm game.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

No way. The weather will suck, just like it will in 2014 ; )