Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Dad picked up my seats today and they are up on SH right now. Hoping to get around $2500 for my seats.

BTW - those idiotic outdoor party passes are going for $500 a pair on ebay.

#201 Digetydog, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My brother in the Dallas area hasn't been able to get to work this week due to iced highways. In Texas they can't get the ice off the roads. They use sand. He says it was 19 degrees Wednesday, with an expected high of 32 Friday and 42 Saturday.

This Super Bowl will get everyone ready for our cold in 2014. Oh, that's right, they have a roof on their stadium.

I still can't imagine buying those outside the stadium on a screen passes. no shame at all Jerry!

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

19 degrees in dallas today

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

As a native of Dallas, I can tell you that their weather is abnormal for this time of year. Like those of us in the Northeast, they have been victimized by the complete failure of Al Gore's "Global Warming" theory materializing.

I lived there for abou 20 years. Basically, they get 1-2 ice/snow storms per year which usually melt off within 2-3 days. Normal winter weather is jacket and long pants. I cannot tell you how many rounds of golf I have played in January over the years.

On the bright side, they have a dome and someone bought my seats located somewhere called the Upper Endzone Auxillary Seats for significantly more than FV. Near as I can tell, they make row 26 in the UEZ at NMS look like the front row.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

That should be better than Jerry's "outside concourse" standing area; The $200 ticket that allows you to stand outside next to the stadium to watch on a screen, after paying who knows what to park.

Of course after yesterday's news, you'll need to buy an NFL-Licensed Ice-Helmet ($175.00 - choice of team logo) to protect from the ice sliding off the roof, and you'll need to sign an insurance waiver.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, but I heard the NFL is now selling "Winter Wonderland" tickets to the unprepared out-of-towners for an extra $395. You get your choice of ice skate rentals or cross country skis and a list of hotels at which you can stay where you can ice skate to the event. No need to slide there in your rental car. Hot chocolate is extra, of course, but they have Porta-Johns along the route.

If you already signed up for the NFL Licensed Ice Helmet for $175, I heard they'll give you a package deal if combined with the "Winter Wonderland" package. The whole thing is only $499. Can't go wrong with that. What a way to see the Super Bowl and something to tell the grandkids.

If successful with this trial thing, they'll introduce the full-blown version in 2014 here in NY. You'll be able to snowmobile in from Manhatten using the HOV lanes. You can also get towed behind stinky deisel-powered GreyHound buses out of Port Authority. Should be quite an event for only $2800 + the cost of the ticket.