~Taking McFadden a mistake~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fake_crs, Feb 26, 2008.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

yeah let's pass on McFad and draft more defense. It worked out well with #1 picks Bryan (invisible) Thomas, Jonathan Vilma and Dwayne (contract) Robertson.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Lets see... When BT was given a chance, he racks up 8.5 sacks, and then in a awesome coaching move- they put him on the other side rendering him useless..... Vilma- a pure 4-3 MLB who cant play in a 3-4, period- so he has to go.... DRob, well the contract is a problem and he cant handle the NT position because he isnt one, the only silver lining is that hes had better statistical seasons under Mangini than Herm... but that doesnt count for much when hes getting blown off the line alot--- he was a #4 overall pick- that warrant tons of cash regardless-- its a business first, sport second.. remember that.

McFadden is a problem after problem player... talented? yes, very... but we arent the Raiders, Titans or Bengals, so he wont be wearing green.

Even though the Jets have bad success drafting in the 1st round with defense (except Revis of course), do we forget guys like Harris (2nd round, yet projected 28th overall to the pats) or Kerry Rhodes (5th round steal, pro bowl snub)

This FO may suck in FA, which means we will be disappointed in March,, but the way they draft.. we are always happy by the end of April.

#22 NDmick, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

SERIOUSLY?!?!

I don't fault the man for taking some of the trim that's thrown his way, but That's freakin retarded!

4. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

This bugs me. While I'd love to grab McFadden at 6, he isn't anything remotely close to Peterson. Peterson is a tall, physical back. McFadden is a fast, finesse back. To me, McFadden is at best a tall Marshall Faulk, and at worst a tall Kevin Faulk.

I'd take that any day of the week.

5. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Those are terrible comparisons. Mcfadden doesn't have close to the hands they have.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

McFadden doesnt have the grasp of the game like Marshall did and never will have half that knowledge, mentally- it could be a possibility but Faulk had great O-lines to run behind.. DMC needs one too

7. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Only thing I would like to know is why are the Teams that don't have super runningbacks and great Ds not winning???

Reading this article makes it sound like it's a either or sitution. Where's the option where you don't get the superback and you stili don't win a superbowl??? Seems like that happens a whole lot too.