Syria spilling over into Turkey (a.k.a. It's Going Down)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by VanderbiltJets, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're not going to strike Syria without working out a deal with the Russians behind the scenes beforehand. It's very likely that the US and Russia are working out the deal as we speak.

Obama: Sorry, got to go in now after the chem weapons use. You know that Vlad, red line. If it was Georgians using them on ethnic Russians you'd have been in Georgia 30 seconds after the fact and we wouldn't have stopped you.

Putin: Ok, Barry, but air strikes only, you put boots on the ground and all deals are void!

Obama: We appreciate your assistance in this, it will further our ability to stabilize the situation.

Putin (sotto voce to his aides): Go get some chemical weapons ready. I know some Russians in Georgia that are real troublemakers.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The US has had those deals worked out with their daughter state in Russia for decades. Behind the scenes, of course.

They just have to jointly figure out how to rein China into the fold.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

US - Russian relations are junk right now, I can easily see Obama showing up on TV and given night now announcing that the US has just launched missles into Syrian positions in the start of an air campaign to bring down the cowards that gassed all those little kids

4. abyzmul

They are supposed to look that way. To make you believe it.

Go eat your McDonald's Big Mac that even bacteria doesn't want.

5. Br4d

I really think it's going to take a deal to get this done.

The US has one Russian client that we really want to be able to take down if the need arises, and it isn't Syria.

Israel doesn't care if Syria stays in Assad's hands and they don't care if he gasses his own people. They care a lot about Iran though.

Look for a deal on Syria in here somewhere. Can't waste the currency on Syria when Iran is still heating up on the back burner.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

oh my god those poor Syrians that got chemed by terrorists. Oh my god. somebody help. wait,am I supposed to give a fuck about this or miley cirus

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I guess if you have a teenage daughter, then I'd give a fuck about Miley and her twerking influence

8. GordonGecko

^human being fail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. typeOnegative13NY

you missed the point. I care that people die for shit reasons ,doesn't matter who they are. But it's tough to support the "fix" whe the fixers are the ones who kill the innocent to get the ball rolling. You have to be a damn fool to believe that anyone in Syria would have Chem weapons without help.

#69 typeOnegative13NY, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

It's go time.

11. abyzmul

When you say "go time", do you mean that it's time to try to figure out how to make more money?

Or are you just continuing to be the world's largest colostomy bag?

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Al-Qaeda or Assad?

Some people... "The only way to protect innocent lives is to launch cruise missiles!"

#72 VanderbiltJets, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  13. typeOnegative13NY

100,000 dead in the conflict,and we now care after 1300

14. GordonGecko

The simple answer is "yes", the complicated answer is people are totally jaded by war and pay no attention anymore that people are being killed, not that they don't care, but that's an unfortunate truth in life that shit life this happens. When it starts to be kids killed in their sleep, people start to care when they see what happened. Then when you find out they were gassed, it's the German Holocaust all over again and for good reason people get extra motivated to do something about it. The truth is something should have been done months ago but world affairs are complicated and other countries put their special interests ahead of the good of human kind

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

A nice blog piece from Washington post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...st-explained-in-one-sort-of-terrifying-chart/

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

17. Br4d

The Middle East makes a wilderness of mirrors look straightforward these days.

Seriously, the reason we're screwed in Syria no matter what we do is that either Al-Qaeda gets strengthened or Iran gets strengthened. We don't have the credibility to make a third outcome work at this point.

Then add in the fact that Russia wants Assad to stay and the Israelis want stability and predictability in Syria above all else, which means keeping Al-Qaeda and Iran out of the picture as much as possible and it's just a horribly ugly situation for our interests.

This BTW is what the Iraq venture brought us. That's why our credibility is shot.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Israel's biggest chance is the instability in Middle east imho

Shiite's and Sunni's hate each other

If it was only Shiite's or the Sunni's in the region, life would be more difficult for Israel

19. Br4d

Very few people understand this. The split between Israel and the Muslim world is much less powerful than the divide between Sunni's and Shiites. The Palestinian Issue has created a common cause in the Arab world but the divide between Sunni's and Shiites is just lethal and overwhelming and unlikely to be resolved.

Al-Qaeda went to killing Shiites in Iraq very quickly when they got the opportunity and the Shiites were a soft target easily hit. Sunnis were getting killed by Hezbollah bombs in no time flat after that happened.

It was like: US in Iraq! Israel in Arab lands! Oh, there's a Shiite let's kill him. And that's 14 centuries worth of that bull shit now.

20. typeOnegative13NY

That is,if you believe that Asad actually sacrificed his cause and did this,which I do not. It is not as cut and dry as "hey,theres a war going on over i SYria". There are may hands in the cookie jar in these conflicts,and your Gov pays good money to the media to shape it for your palate.