Supersticions, Jerseys, Favorite Chairs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I haven't worn pants while watching a game since week 17......and will continue this tradition till we lose.

apparently i'm not allowed to answer our front door anymore on weekends either.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i switched jerseys from white keller to green revis 10 mins before the game.i won't take all credit for the win.but your welcome everyone

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Is Leon still taking those pre-game dumps even though he's out for the year? Maybe that's why we are winning.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

GOT THE BEARD TOO!!!!

sanchez
    shade
    abyz
    17a

unshaven and unwashed jerseys i love it

5. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

I wear my green 60's logo Mitchell and Ness hat.

I permanently retired the 80's pompom hat after the playoff loss to the Pats in 2006 and the Falcons loss this year.

More importantly, there is the tale of the Jets lighter.

Purchased after the first preseason game at a Hess station somewhere in Central Jersey, the Jets lighter started it's long and twisted tale. It traveled back to San Diego with me that week.

I kept it by my side early in the season during a 3-0 start.

Not sure about game 4. Can't include because I really don't know.

Traveled to the east coast without the lighter, watched losses against the Dolphins and Bills.

Not sure of the lighter's location during the Raiders and Dolphins weeks.

The lighter was left in my car for the losses to the Patriots and Jaguars.

I pulled it back out during the Carolina game. It stayed with me until my next trip to the east coast. I accidentally left it on my dresser when I was heading to the airport. During this trip I was at the Meadowlands for the 10-7 heartbreak to the Falcons, without the lighter.

The lighter was back on hand for the win at Indianapolis.

Then, during the week leading up to the regular season finale against the Bengals, the lighter died. Done. Over.

Same old Jets, I thought. Dying off just before it counts.

In what turned out to be remarkably fortuitous, if you are superstitious, I mistakenly left the lighter and my house keys at my brother's house during the week.

The lighter was in his possession when his beloved Eagles were shutout 24-0 to lose the NFC East. I didn't have the lighter and the Jets won 37-0 to make the playoffs.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I was convinced the luck of the lighter was reversed once it was dead.

That Friday, I received a package in the mail from my brother with my keys and the Jets lighter.

The Jets Lighter.

Realizing the circumstances of the lighter before it arrived, I set out to rid myself of the Jets lighter before the first playoff game with the Bengals.

Living in San Diego, I went to a friend's party and "left" the Jets lighter in a kitchen cupboard. Conveniently, he is a Chargers fan.

Jets lighter at his house, Jets beat Bengals and Chargers.

Not sure if I want to grab it from his place and slip it to a Colts fan friend of mine or leave it where it is.

#85 McCluneNYJ, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010