Super Secret thread-Members Only

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by GreenMachine, May 6, 2008.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The problem with talking about where we have the deepest need is that we haven't seen anyone in action yet.

Obviously, if neither Chad or Clemens can get the job done, QB is our #1 need. Sorry, but I just can't see this kid Ainge being more than a backup.

Going solely by what we know right now, I'd probably say that DE is our most glaring "need" to deepen for the future. As dabrowsk1 said, Ellis isn't getting any younger. The thing is, we don't know if he'll once again be a force with a legit NT and a strong LB corps behind him. I think he's got probably 3-4 solid years left in the tank. Again though, this would be my pick for deepest "need" if I had to chose one.

Then there's corner. We have a future Pro-Bowler, and a squad of also-rans. I'm really hoping that Miller will mature and turn the corner this year. If he can play to his potential opposite Revis, look out.

Next would be FB. I'd love it if someone already on the roster is the guy, but I'm not sold on anyone. I'd like a guy who can block really well, and catch an occasional pass when our QB is in trouble. Nothing flashy, just a guy who can push through the line and create a hole for TJ/Leon.

WR is definitely the next spot, and might even be more important than FB. (And if Miller earns a legit #2 spot, this position might be second most important.) Coles isn't getting younger, and let's be honest, he's gambling every time he walks onto the field for the rest of his career. I still adore the guy, but I don't like to rest my team's success on a guy who might not be around a year from now. I'm also still unconvinced that Cotch will ever be a #1. An amazing #2, yeah, but not an elite #1. None of the other guys impresses me to the point where I'd say I'm comfortable with any of them taking over the reigns.

ILB is next. Harris is a beast, but I want a solid guy next to him. I don't want our LBs to be great, I want them to be feared. We're almost there.

Obviously OL needs more depth, but right now, I think we're okay. Not great, but okay. Depending how the positions above play out this year, this need might rise near the top.

Lastly, we're going to need to figure out who we're going to have at safety whose name isn't Rhodes. I wonder if one of the plethora of CBs will make the transition.

2. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

I tend not to think about the FS position as much...
    Dwight Lowery seems like a decent fit there. He and Rhodes could watch film together and be buddies and what not. :-D
    But then again, I am not really sure about him. Can someone give me the rundown on him? (Pros, Cons, bottom line) is all I really need...

As it has been said so many times before, we need depth at both lines. Kris Jenkins looks like the dedicated type; always working hard, determined to get better. Kenyon Coleman and Shaun Ellis are solid; I really have no problem with them. How well could Sione Pouha or C.J. Mosely fit at DE?

The CB position... well, we have David Barrett, Justin Miller, Hank Poteat, Drew Coleman, Andre Woolfolk, and Dwight Lowery, one of them HAS to pan out. I hope we can add another decent CB before the training camp, early enough so he would have a chance to really go through our playbook. I don't doubt Mangini's DB knowledge at all, so hopefully we'll be set there before the season starts.

As for the QB position, I am not really going to comment; I don't want this thread spiraling into another CP Vs. KC thread. May the best man win. If either wants it enough, he'll earn it for himself.

I would like to think Tangini will add another quality ILB, in case either Harris or Barton goes down, knock on wood. I doubt Chatham, or somebody else can be as effective as either.

If all of these things get done, next year we can draft a skill player in the first round.

3. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

I'd like to see some solid line play on both sides of the ball. I'd prefer to think the OL is not shored up, but can actually gel as a cohesive unit. As far as the defensive line is concerned, my desire is that they have to be an opponent's focus during game prep rather than something to ignore.

The secondary is my other concern. Who will step up? Again, I'd like to have a unit that opponents have to prepare a little harder for.

Linebackers... if we can get a line, they'll take care of themselves.

Skill positions on offense hinge on the line. Penny or Clemens... give me a solid line that can protect, and then we'll go from there, as for the backfield and receivers.

I wish my crystal ball were a little clearer, but I'm in the mood of a "shotgun approach" with the entire team. Overall improvement is needed, so if you aim at something, you're bound to hit it.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

From Profootball weekly 2008 draft ON Dwight Lowery.

upside Has good hands and outstanding production- 13 interceptions over the past two seasons.Plays the ball well in front of him.

Downside - Has an awkward build. Exposed vs better competition (see Kansas State) Struggles in man coverage . NOt quick-footed or fast and shows average burst to recover. Does not show much awareness with his back to the ball. Does not uses his hand well. Has a short , choppy backpedal. Not quick flipping his hips. limited play range. Not strong or physical.

The WAY WE SEE IT. Former JUco transfer is still raw but does a nice job capitalizing on mistakes. His size and ball skills will give him a shot in a zone scheme, but limited athlethism and unrefined technique could prevent him from ever being more than a nickel defender.

What I take out of that is he might not make Jets 53 man roster.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Let's remember this one. Once the Pre-season ends, we will revisit this.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Do you know what the word might not means. Also to be fair , some teams won't cut their draft choices no matter how bad they look( Protect their draft record) How about the boar hunter who kept a roster spot his rookie year. ( Usaually teams weon't admit a third round mistake)

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Schegal was a major bust, thats obvious. But he needed a season on the roster to show that.

You really think once these guys come into the NFL they have a Madden Rating tattooed on their ass like a cow branding???

You still don't get it.

BTW, if Lowery was a Raider - I'd be hearing about the kid who went from JUCO to Div-1 and racked up 9 INTs in his first year and how that will translate to the NFL....

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Schegal Jets probably knew the first year wasn't very good. The only reason they kept him was to protect their draft record. DO you not understand why teams do this ,especially with high draft choices. Let me ask you a question How many third rounders get cut their first year. (not many)

You need to stop with this video games talk. Only pimple faced geeks worry about Madden ratings.
    I already nexplain to you Lowery would never had been a Raider. Raiders play man to man 98% of the time, and they aren't drafting a guy that can only play in a zone defense. Do you not understand this simple fact.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Darnell Bing turned out great for the Raiders, didn't he jeaux?

I bet you feel really comfortable with busts like Robert Gallery and Paul McQuistan protecting Peyton...I mean...JaMarcus...Russell.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

YEa a fourth rounder who didn't make it. BUt Bing currently in Jet camp trying to make their roster. See K Coleman.(wow jets really like Raider rejects)

Everytime you post it really shows how little you know about the Raiders. R gallery gave up one sack last year at LG. Paul Mcquistan was a dominating run blocker for the Raiders at RT( alot of their big runs were behind Him) . He currently not in the running for the RT job. Here a fact Raiders interior OF the oline is pretty stout whether its run blocking or in pass protection. Their is a question about their tackles in pass protection. Again thats not a problem as everything Raiders do on offense will be off their running game. Denver Broncos won alot of games over the years, with a suspect pass blockinbg oline, because they could run block with the best of them. PAss rushers can't do their job if they have to defend the run first.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Paul McQuistan started 6 games in 2007. He's garbage. Shut the fuck up troll...

Yeah...a third rounder that is a backup. Great success.

Why was Robert Gallery moved to guard? Oh yeah, because he wasn't the "franchise" tackle he was supposed to be. Instead he was just a piece of shit tackle on a piece of shit offensive line. Shut the fuck up again troll...

You HAVE to be able to protect your quarterback. You HAVE to be able to throw the ball. You show how little YOU know when you think the Raiders can win games just by running the ball behind a zone blocking scheme. Let me tell you something that you'll probably just deny - The Raiders don't have the personel to run a zone blocking scheme...their linemen are unathletic and over-sized. Good luck.

#31 Mr Electric, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

YEa Mcquistan started six games and shut out two of the top pass rushers in the game. Didn't even give up one sack to both of them. Again Raiders ran the ball consistantly well last year. He was big part of that,and wouldn't supprise me he ends ujp starting at RT.

R Gallery is playing LG because that is position he best suited to play. IN cable zone blocking system having athlethic gurads is a requirement. With the 6'7 325 LT
    K harris( dominate run blocker) and 6'7 325 LG Robert gallery . That gives Raiders two dominate athlethic run blockers to run behind.

Your third point is just plain stupid. Raiders already proved they have the olinerman to run their blocking system. All the Veterans they brought in played in a zone blocking scheme. (why they had a very cohesive unit real early)
    Raiders starting RG Cooper carlise played in Denver zone system.
    Everyone on the Raiders oline is perfectly suited to this zone blocking scheme.

YEs you have to throw the ball, but its alkot easier when you can run the ball consistantly well(something Raiders already proven) You can bet the passes will alot be off the playaction . Raiders RBS( D MCfadden and M BUsh are going to do some serious damage in the passing game. A dump off to MCfadden has a chance to go for six points anytime he gets his hands on it.

TE Zach Miller a serious weapon for Russell.
    Raiders have alot of bigfast physical Wr's, that are going to be catching Russell laser beams.

Raiders offense going to be light years better than Jets offense in 2008.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm not quoting everything it'll take too much time:

Might not- used when looking into the future tense, usually a disclaimer of sort. Hows the definition?

Fuck protecting draft records. A GM will laugh in your face about that. I don't even know where to begin.

Gallery is one of the biggest busts at LT since Mandarich. He lucked out be being half serviceable at LG, but guess what??? He accounted for almost half of the Raiders penalties last year (Raiders were 2nd in penalites)- so therefore he is still complete garbage.

Kwame Harris cannot protect the passer. Russell can roll out all day if he'd like- like Vick did in his carreer... Raider's remind me of a Vick team -- Mobile QB with a big arm, no receivers, a good RB core, and a tired fucking defense. Enjoy 6 wins, maybe. He didn't even start a game for the 49er last year. How is he protecting blindsides?

Stop talking up M. Bush- he's coming off a badly broken leg (the engine of a RB) and has not played one down. I'd say Stuckey is the same way, but at least I have seen Stuckey perform well in the pre-season.... Oh yeah, didn't the Raiders go 4-0 in the preseason and still suck a while back??? I know the NFL Network had a promo like that- always funny to bash Al Davis' embarrassments.

Kenyon Coleman- smart Jets fans say he did well at DE. I don't think you understand the 5-tech at all, so I won't even argue it.

Bing is camp fodder, just like when you drafted him.

The "video games talk" - sarcasm, but you wouldn't know it.

Hey, didn't the Raiders accidentally cut Quentin Moses? That Front Office never fails.... to climb out of the Cellar.

#33 NDmick, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Your a bigger idiot than even i thought, if you don't believe teams alot of times won't cut a player in the top three rounds, in order to protect there draft record. HOw do you think ownership judges how there FO doing in the Draft. Raiders last year cut their Third rounder. AL Davis dosen't have to answer to anyone, as he isn't losing his job over this(not firing himself) You don't understant this, than there really isn't any hope for you.

R gallery was not the biggest bust at LT. That falls to Dbrickshaw Fergurson. D Brickshaw strength suppose to be pass blocking, and he has given up more sacks, than any OT, the last two years. We know hes a horrible run blocker(AT LEAST GALLERY CAN DO THAT)

Again Kwame harris strength is run blocking. Hes a dominate run blocker. Everything Raiders do on offense will be off of their running game. (playaction) Throwing occassionally on first down. Keeping these pass rushers having to play the run first.
    ALso Raiders interior is quite strong in both pass and run blocking. The tackles they can give help with Their TE Zach Miller, Their RB/ FB Michael Bush 6'1 250 ,FB Oren ONeaL - just destroys defenders that get in his way.
    Also short passes to D Mcfadden- could go to the house anytime he touches it. and M Bush are going to be big parts of the passing game.

Last point Denver showed you can be quite sucessfully if your not berst in pass prtection.
    When you move the ball consistantly well on the ground , you don't ever get in too many obvious passing situations. Only problem with that offense is its hard to comeback from big deficits. See Colts- always beating them in playoffs, as they had to abandon their running game. That where lack of good pass blockers effected them but not in record in the regular season.

M BUsh was ready last year to perform. Kiffin wanted to activate him last year , as he was that impressive in practice. M Bush is healthy and running at full speed. Hes going to be a bigtime weapon for the Raiders in the redzone, and catching ball out of backfield(great reciever) How about we have a signature bet. Your Stuckey and my Michael Bush who has more of an impact next season. Do we have a bet.

K Coleman- smart jet fans know hes average at best DE. THey know JEts eventually need to upgrade DE position. (Jet fans were screaming before the draft that this position must be upgraded) IF K Coleman starting for you at DE, your in trouble. He at best as used as a backup player.

Again Raiders can cut their third rounder and not have to worry about protecting their draft record. Al davis isn't firing himself.

Seriously how old are you? Somethings I have to explain to you, a savy football fan should know.

#34 Raiderjoe, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Can someone please just ban this guy? He's been trolling for more than a year now...

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Maybe you should just stop replying to my post. Im getting tiried of embarrassing you everytime. My mom once told me - if you donm't know what your talking about, keep quiet.

Maybe you should follow this advice, as you clearly want people to think you know football. BUt once you

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

My mom once told me - if you can't speak english, kill yourself. Maybe you should follow her advice.

You embarrass me? How? You embarrass every single Raiders fan with every one of your posts on this board.

I feel like I have to respond to your posts because they are so biased and so ridiculous that it just gets under my skin. You are such a joke.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Ok the secret is out, Raiderjoke found the super secret thread. Time to close it up and start a new super secret thread, it is sure to last at least two weeks until joke finds it.

BTW, how great is it that joke is a Raiders fan, he wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if he was a fan of any other franchise.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This thread was started in order to talk real football, despite the best efforts of idiots in the main forum to keep the discussion as far away from the facts as possible. The appearance of Raiderjoe, and Mr E's continued insistence on humoring him has caused this thread to crash and burn something fierce.

For that I leave this thread with an interpretive photo of Raiderjoe:

[​IMG]

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Unbelievable. Yet another thread hijacked by Raiderjoe and turned into a discussion about the Raiders. Given the specific nature of this thread (which was stated in the first post) and the fact that it was started by a Mod, I don't understand why he is still around. Numerous threads have been hijacked and turned into discussions about the Raiders. And he has been outright trolling other threads. This has been going on for weeks and he is still allowed to do so. Why has he been allowed to do this and not be banned is beyond me. This is a Jets messageboard and he is trying to turn it into a Raiders board. He doesn't even stay in the NFL forum.

I have no idea why it has been allowed to continue, but it is starting to piss me off.