Super Bowl Pools and Betting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This probably should have been here a week or two ago and I see there's some idle chatter about props betting on the Super Bowl thread in the NFL section but I'm curious about what the largest pool is that anyone has heard about with a reasonable chance of being true. I know there had been some pools down on Wall Street for $10k a box but that was a while ago, there must be bigger ones now.

Also has anyone heard of any unique kind of pool being run? A guy here decided at the last minute to run a "Minute Man" pool, a twist on a score change pool where money gets paid out every minute to the guy on the box that corresponds with the score. The 0 - 0 guy will be hoping that a) the kickoff does not get run back for a TD and b) nobody scores for a long time. He sold it out in a day at $100 a pop as a trial; next year he'll be at 500 or 1000.

Anybody have any pool stories about big wins, big losses, fraud, etiquette, cheapskates, celebrations and heartache?

My personal story had me on the number with less than half a minute at the end of SBXLVII when Baltimore pulled a fake punt from their end zone, ran time off the clock and took a safety with four seconds left against San Francisco. It was definitely the right call tactically but it cost me five grand.

I haven't learned my lesson.