Super Bowl LIV discussion thread (POLL ADDED)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Who will win the game?

1. Chiefs

45.5%
  2. 49ers

51.5%
  3. Not Sure

3.0%
  1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

That's a dumb tweet they lost because the defense collapsed mixing it up offensively got them a 10 point lead.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sorry brain fart. I meant Texans but once the TE came out that was pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think they will put the Patriots in that game, Texans in kind of meh.

zace likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think if Brady stays then yes, maybe not if he goes

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He picked the 49ers to win so im not surprised. He is saying it because he is pro-Brady, so for all the Brady people, they can say they were right tonight, and you know what? I would have to agree. Jimmy G didn't have it, but the 49ers defense definitely did not have it either.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah Brady goes to his home team of the 49ers...imagine.

7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Yeah those guys all have a agenda or narrative they need to push....the goats are the SF D and Richard Sherman...but Sherman is a media darling so they will just ignore him getting burnt all game and blame Jimmy G.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And supplants the QB who backed him up.... That'd be hilarious but... I could see that one of the best destinations for him. Don't know if they could afford him

9. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Mahomes is MVP.

10. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Well, a satisfying conclusion to the season. In my dream of dreams it'll be Darnold and the Jets up there soon, but honestly this'll probably be the first of many for Mahomes. Now the agonizing wait until August begins.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Orange. Lots of W's over here. I had a ton of Mahomes rushing TD parlay props.

FJF likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Garroppolo is the most erratic quarterback I've ever seen if he does not have a clean pocket. He can't slide. He doesn't know when to break the pocket and move and he navigates it terribly, whether it be sliding or stepping up.

If he sees a four man rush and has passing lanes, he's good. Any other scenario and he air mails throws left and right.

I can't see him lasting in this league with zero pocket mobility let alone any other mobility. He looked a lot better than he is this year, with an All-Pro tightend, All-Pro fullback, a #1 running game and (already) one of the best YAC receivers in this league.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think Mahomes will win another but you never know. They do have to pay him this offseason right?

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Shanahan did a good job of hiding him in the playoffs, but it was only a matter of time until he got exposed. Without the run game, he was a complete disaster.

The 49ers were once kings of the Super Bowl (5-0). They have now lost their last two, and are no longer the golden organization of the NFL. I don't see them getting back next year, I think this was their one shot, like many Super Bowl losers they will find it very difficult going forward.

NYJetsO12 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I don't disagree I don't think he's an elite QB but he's not the reason they lost this game...they had a 10 point lead with 9 minutes left....if you wanna rank reasons they lost this game he's like number 4 or 5.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

He did. I also think this game showed what a fucking disaster the Packers gameplan was. The 49ers are still a very good, well-rounded team. But that Packers game never should've been over with 3 minutes left in the second quarter.

17. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I mean...they've got him for 2020, plus a 5th year option for 25M, so maybe they wait, take advantage of one more cheap year, and see what happens with the next CBA? He's gonna break the bank whenever he gets a deal done, only reason to rush it is if you're afraid he might test the market.

EDIT: Though I suppose he could hold out and force the issue.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Right. But if he makes 2-3 more throws at the end of the game they cruise to a victory and run the clock out.

SOXXX2 likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

@dawinner127 and I bet the Chiefs to win the SB before they were the 2 seed about 6 weeks ago, and here we are cashing out like fucking kings.

Lets go!!!

I can only hope the NYJ get there at one point.

dawinner127 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Hes not the main reason they lost, but he didn't deserve to win either. When he got the ball back at 20-17 and 20-24 he was awful. This is the Super Bowl, you have to go out their and take it, its not given to you.

I do agree though, he is not the main reason. The main reasons were the defense and shanahans playcalling, but he could have won the game when he had multiple chances; he didn't seize the moment.

Jonathan_Vilma and MJK like this.