Super bowl LIII Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..

Alot of talk that somehow by not watching you protest against Pats etc. ...(which is living in Denial). Or many on TV and NFL radio who call in saying "lets get the Pats a victory..maybe then Brady or Bellichek hang it up to retire" Hey can you guarantee that will happen?? LMAO

As I have posted many times before, I am a 50 year Fan and I want to see the Jets beat the toughies BB and TB fair and square (2 times and win Division) Take the Pats off their high horse..

Plenty of Teams have beat them ..even the Jets under Todd B! SMH

I will root hard for LA and expect a Rams victory

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Now who's living in denial?

Not nearly enough for my liking.

3. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

You give Belicheat 2 weeks to prepare for the biggest game of the year and is going to be awfully tough for the Rams to beat them. I just can't see the cheaters losing back to back Superbowls especially when Brady and the OL are playing lights out.

4. NYJetsO12

If I am not mistaken, Gase and the Dolphins beat them twice

This should make you chin up a bit

Plus, BB protege the Coach at Titans beat him this Season

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck that noise

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

I don't care about them losing a game here or there.

I'm sick of this team owning the division for nearly 20 years now, 8 straight AFC Championship appearances, 9 Super Bowl appearances, 4 super Bowls in the last five years, three straight SB appearances.

The Jets have to win 12, 13 games MINIMUM NO GUARANTEE just to have a chance to win a tiebreaker with them to get out of the division earn a playoff home game.

I'm DISGUSTED with the rest of the league's complete inability to solve this team, of how team after team after team after team find new ways to choke against them.

Brook!, dogg and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

Their OL isn't playing lights out.

Brady gets rid of the ball insanely fast and of course the league has never been able to figure out their short passing attack.

Put those guys on other teams they'll suck just like Nate Solder. LOL

Make him hold onto the ball longer, cover their receivers longer then the rush might get to him.

Easier said than done I know. It's only been close to 20 years.

8. WarriorRB28

The Rams have to run the ball to win. I don't see how they can win if Gurley doesn't get 30 carries 100+ yards. They have to control the clock. Keep Brady off the field.

Old school. They have the horses to do it.

Simplify the game for, take the pressure off Goff.

If they let the Pats tee off on Goff, give him a million different looks they're D-O-NE.

Donald has to make his presence felt. From his position he can wreck the Pats gameplan. If the Pats neutralize him, make him a non-factor like they did to Bosa and the Chiefs pass rush the Rams are DONE.

#68 WarriorRB28, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. WarriorRB28

McVay has to have a feel for the game, he has to have a killer instinct when the situation calls for it.

Anthony Lynn awful, awful head coach coached the entire playoff run not to lose.

Andy Reid coached not to lose last week.

McVay?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Even if the Rams are up 40-3 at halftime you can bet that the score will be 43-40 Pats by the end of it.The Refs,Goodell,there spys and cameras,will find a way to make sure they leave with the win.

11. NYJetsO12

Yes ..100 Per Cent Correct..Jets have not won Division since 2002 Then 5 years of NE (But in 2008 Miami!! )Then 10 years till this day of Pats

My goodness..if Jets are winning 12 or 13 games ..NE and rest of NFL will be scared of US..So I se that as a positive

But what ya gonna do..don't other conferences have hard roads eg the Steelers always winning their Division ??? Steelers have dominated 8 out of 16 years

Are you gonna complain if we win VLT as Wild Cards? I won't....

Silver Lining : Brady and BB will age out..end of story

You need to have a sit down with our new DC G Williams..."love it or leave!"

12. NYJetsO12

Donald ,after Tom B , has to be the Best player on the Field. The Pats are not facing as soft a D as KC.

Prediction: Donald has big inside rush on TB..N Suh sacks Brady ..NE in trouble

LA has Wasted millions if those 2 don't come through

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They literally changed the catch rule to this year's interpretation in the SB last year, giving the Eagles two TD catches that had been incompletions all year.
    BTW, I like the catch rule better this year.

dogg likes this.
  14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with Pats and Rams but...

I hate this nauseating two weeks between the League championships and SB. And if they insist on two weeks why not put the game on Saturday night? Would have to think it would help the ratings.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Rams started (8-0), and were the clear front-runners to reach and win the Super Bowl, then had road losses to the Saints and Bears. Pretty good teams. Their only home loss was to the magical Nick Foles and the defending champion Eagles. They beat the Chargers and Chiefs (the 2 teams the Patriots beat to reach the Super Bowl) yet somehow they are 3 point underdogs to the (11-5) Patriots. We all know why: Brady and Belichick.

That is fine, but the Rams have a legitimate chance to win. I would say a better chance than the Eagles did last year. Hopefully they find a way.

WarriorRB28 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Rams have all the tools to beat the Pats. Unfortunately like KC they have a head coach who only coaches one side of the ball. The Rams have a big tough OL and are big and tough in the center of their D Line. They absolutely beat the piss out of the Cowboys at the point of attack. What was disturbing about that game was if the Cowboys had gotten a decent game out of their QB they might have been in it until the end and had a shot to pull it out. Prescott had a terrible game.

If the Pats can't run the ball they will switch up and get an accurate, efficient game out of the QB. Edelman is alway under rated and under defended and continues to come up big in big spots. The big X factor for the Rams is Brandon Cook. Cook has an axe to grind with the Pats for letting him go. I believe the Pats let him go because he was knocked out of the SB in the first half of last years SB. Had that not happened the Pats probably beat the Eagles by 10. Cook, coupled with the running game is a game changing player. Goff has the arm to expose it. Will Goff step up in the big spot or shrink? Will the Rams get pressure up the middle and disrupt the runs up the middle and move Brady off the spot?

The Rams have the talent to match up with the Pats all over the field. Their D has been incredibly undisciplined and outright bad but don't be fooled, they have the individual matchups if they can get any discipline out of their D.

I love the individual matchups that favor the Rams on both sides of the field. The Pats have won two games by simply being bigger and stronger at the point of attack on both sides of the ball against both the Chargers and Chiefs. This game should be a blowout for the Rams, of course it won't be. Boy genius is about to meet footballs idiot savant.

dogg, The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They will take Cooks away, just like they did with Hill. Corner with a safety over the top, Gilmore will probably lock down Robert Woods. Only way I see the Rams winning is if Donald completely wrecks Brady AND Gurley has a monster day running and catching the ball. I expect the Patriots to put an asswhooping on the Rams unforunately.

Rams will really miss Cooper Kupp this game.

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Is that really an issue with Wade Phillips coaching the D?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

You are on the right track Biggs..I like how you broke it down

Boy Genius vs the heir to Lombardi..should be a good game . McVay has to have those trick plays ready like last weekend ,,something Pats have never seen because you know Bellichek will study all the tape 2 years back on Rams

I dont mind McVay and Phillips running only one aspect of game vs both..in this Chess Match its better to have 2 smart heads versus a Coach who won a Nobel Prize in Football hahah..and yes as I posted previously A Donald gets pressure on Brady and Suh will finish him off (hopefully)..Goff has plenty of weapons besides Cooks to go to. Gurley is playing I assume.?

So keep the faith that NE is trending down 2 years in row!

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner