Straight up choice, Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

just curious if anyone been over on the 49ers fan sites. Are they having the same debat? BOSA!! QUINNEN!!!

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yep pretty much. Only 4 out of the last 20 DT picked in the first round over the last 10 years are what I would consider good impact players. Donald is the only one who averages over 10 sacks. He is clearly the anomaly at the position. For as good as Cox and Suh are they both average only about 6 or so sacks a season throughout their careers. That’s the absolute best case for Quinnen.

McCoy
    Suh
    Donald ( Anomaly)
    Cox

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Not only is Allen an edge guy - but he's a guy who's proven he can play standing up. It's a no-brainer for me. He can rush the QB, play in coverage and won't embarrass himself setting the edge. How the hell could we afford not to take a difference maker who can play all 3 downs?

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've heard and read so many good things about Quinnen Williams.

He sounds like the real deal.

That's who I hope the Jets select at #3. *crosses fingers*

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

the niners message board they all want nick bosa and see him as a generational talent and dont believe he will be there at #2 , because they believe arizona will take him and this kyler stuff is a smoke screen.

Footballgod214 and Sam Hammer like this.
  7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

With what?They want a 1st for Clark and you have just used it on Williams.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

In my other post, I proposed our third this year and 2020 2nd rounder. Chiefs got fleeced on that deal.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Teammates. The time is getting near. Looking forward to the initial shock when the smoke clears and Arizona selects Bosa with the first pick. The firework will start, phones will ring, trade, no trade, does SF want Allen? It will be the most intense and nerve wreaking time between the first and third pick in a long, long time for us. Get you high octane beverage strategically located betwee the TV and your favorite couch/chair and enjoy the ride.
    This board will be on fire by the time the commish walks to the stage to open the draft and get booed without mercy as it is now the norm.

10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Not feeling Bosa at #1. Offensive minded HC who has intimate knowledge of Murray, and perhaps a mindset to open things up in a way the HC is familiar with and not in a way that Rosen can do. Too many stars aligning for Murray. The only other option I see is trading that pick if they get one of those nutty boatload of pick offers.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Antonio Bryant agrees:

https://nypost.com/2019/04/23/cardi...ock-at-no-1-in-2019-nfl-draft-antonio-bryant/

Cardinals will pass on Kyler Murray, shock at No. 1 in 2019 NFL draft: Antonio Bryant
    By Peter Botte

April 23, 2019 | 2:26pm

Enlarge Image
    [​IMG]
    Kyler Murray and Antonio BryantAP; Reuters

So many football people claim to be insiders when it comes to the NFL draft, including retired receivers.

Former NFL wideout Antonio Bryant, for instance, has tweeted multiple times this week about having inside knowledge that Arizona will not select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first-overall pick, instead opting for Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa.

“Heard from people inside the Cardinals organization that Nick Bosa is #1 on their board and that they are going to stick with Josh Rosen at QB,” Bryant tweeted Monday.

Bryant, who retired in 2009 after a seven-year NFL playing career with four teams, none of which were the Cardinals, doubled down on his claim Tuesday (for a while).

“I’m telling you I trust my source. This ain’t no smokescreen,” he wrote — before he deleted the tweet. “… The Cardinals are going to draft Nick Bosa 1st overall…Just wait on it.”

Most reports still have the Cardinals grabbing Murray, the 2018 Heisman Trophy winner, at No. 1, and then seeking to trade Rosen, who was selected with the 10th-overall pick last year. The Giants are among several teams often mentioned as having interest in Rosen as a potential successor to Eli Manning.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If this happens then I expect the 49'ers will take Allen, and if we don't trade down, probably Q. Williams to the Jets. Not what I'm hoping for.

Of course maybe the Raiders swap picks with us, although that would probably still mean Q. Williams for us.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be upset if we pick anyone other than Allen with the 3 pick.

Allen is my first choice, trading back for a haul of picks is my second choice.

FJF likes this.
  14. BacktoQueens

I'd rather not draft a Dlineman this year either, but there are some absolute studs on that list that were taken in the top 10.
    Not a good argument imo.

15. Martin&theJETS

Im speaking specifically to a DT, not DE. Look at the star DT as opposed to star DE/OLB. DT is stupid.

16. BacktoQueens

I'm assuming any interior Dlineman, so I'd include guys listed as DE but are playing 5 tech in the pros.
    Ngata, Suh, JJ Watt, Williams, Donald, Poe, McCoy, Fletcher Cox, Dareus, Seymour.........these were not stupid picks at all.

17. Martin&theJETS

That’s over what, a 20 year span? How many Super Bowls do those guys have? How many of them were top 5 picks?

Now, go do the same with OLBs.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! It's mind boggling to me that people want to give up a precious high draft pick or picks for Frank Clark who has never played OLB in a 3-4 D before, pay him $17+ million a season to learn on the job and possibly fail, and then draft yet another DT, when we've drafted enough DTs over the last decade to last 2-3 decades. It's especially nuts when we can draft an OLB who has experience playing the position, is extremely talented, fast, athletic, excels dropping into coverage, is only 21, would be cheap for the next 5 seasons, and which would make our front 7 much more flexible, and G. Williams would be better able to disguise coverages, blitzes, etc.

19. NCJetsfan

Why would the Cardinals taking Bosa and not Murray mean that the Niners would take Allen? They just traded for Dee Ford and are paying him a lot of money. I don't see that at all.

20. NCJetsfan

Hallelujah! We have been saved from Mac making a stupid move! Frank Clark was traded to the Chiefs.

#80 NCJetsfan, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019