Stop complaining, the Pats hurt themself more, than anyone else could!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by German Jets Fan, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Hey, the original poster isn't wrong. Sure, he's biased, but so many fans here are jumping off a cliff that the Pats got him. There's a reason he was only dealt for a 4th rounder, and it will be interesting to see it play out. There's the chance that he plays the way that he played in Minnesota. There's a better chance that he plays like a good receiver with flashes of greatness and gets criticized occasionally for taking plays off. That's how I feel he'll be. There's also the chance that he causes TO-like distractions which almost bring the team down, but I think New England is too good for that, even though they said that about Philly, too...

2. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Could not agree more. I relate it to the Mets and Yankees. I am a Huge Mets fan, and the few of my friends who choose to root for the Mets over the Yanks always want to hate on the Yankees...me personally, I do not care hat is going on in the Bronx, I only care what the Mets are doing.

That being said, i do hate the Pats..but it is pointless making all these accussations, whether bad or good, until we even play one down.

3. GreenBleeder69

I think the Pats have definately gotten stronger in talent but I think they're hurting themselves in the long run. A few years back that Pats prided themselves in being a bunch of no names and winning the Super Bowl. The Pats were a TEAM and although they weren't full of tremendous talent, they always found a way to win. Now, they're adding egos and headcases and "ME FIRST" players that I feel will ultimately be the demise of the franchise. What was once an all for one and one for all team will ultimately become a "give me the ball, i don't make enough money, this team can't win without me" franchise. And once they start off the season 0-1, all the internal pressure will form cracks in the foundation of the unstoppable dynasty.

4. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The pats are the top favorite to win another SB, there?s no doubt about that, and as long as everything is working the way, they want it to, there won?t be any problems.

but they have been one of the top Favorites for the SB for the last couple of years and now they added egos to their team, that gives them a week link, cuz if they start playing bad, and start loosing, it?ll be much harder for them, to get back on the winning track cuz this egos will bring more and more distraction to the locker room.

And there are several teams, that can beat them, with a little luck u can beat anybody, we did it last year.

So if u ask me, they added a weak link to the team, just to aquire some talent, they didn?t really need.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

An overpriced yet good OLB, 3 WR's with character issues and a KR, and a safety that belongs in prison. Good stuff.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Your coach apparently has been spending too much time in Madden World. Way to move away from the entire philosophy that won the Pats 3 SB's.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

that was a young Moss. remeber KJ when he was with us and wouldn't get the ball now he just shuts up and goes on about his business PLUS no never hear anything about Moss when his team is winning and that will not be a problem for the Pats this season.

8. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Right, because there is only one way to win. And, if you knew what you were talking about instead of spouting old lines, you would know that we did not win Super Bowl 36 the way we won 39.

How did bringing in Harrison and Dillon work out for us? Different philosophy than 36. But I guess winning the Super Bowl isn't your goal. You have no problem, year after year, telling us how we are doing things wrong, only to change your tune after we are successful, then press repeat.

There is no one way to win in the NFL.

All I was respond to was a guy saying you would kick our ass. And that to me is Madden talk. Even if we do win a game(s) against the Jets this year, by no means do I think we'll kick your ass. I have too much respect for you guys to talk that kind of talk.

9. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

So Billy Boy was on WEEI in lil while ago.. The question was asked.. Do you feel that you have changed Patriots philosophy with bring Randy in? His answer was.. "If I did it was done unintentional" .. Hahaha.. He probably saying to himself.. What are you guys talking about...

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

You have to realize something, The Pats could sign the Afc Pro Bowl team and there would still be some delusional Jet fans on this site trying to create a way for us to win. From a realistic Jet point of view it's game over this year for the Jets v.s. the pats. We are not in the same class as your team as well as the Colts, Ravens or Chargers. We are building and playing for 08 and beyond. I just hope Beli is still with the Pats when we do finally beat you.

11. Dirtywater

I love how people think you can't evolve or change. Like there is only one way to rock. :smile:

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Not sure why people are getting on you. The Pats have greatly improved while continuing to stockpile future assets. You do what it takes to win...period. Some things work out (Dillon), others don't (Gabriel).

The Patriots got old fast at LB and took immediate action to address it. The Patriots had been neglecting WR for years and it cost them last season, so they stockpiled WRs like they were going out of production.

There is still a need at CB and potentially at RB with the Maroney surgery (despite the Morris pick-up) and the Pats took another chance on a questionable character guy in Merriweather, but every team has weaknesses.

Thankfully, it is still an "any given sunday league" and the playoffs are a one-and-done show.

13. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Dirty.. If Randy went to the Jets.. What would the reaction be on this site?:beer:

14. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

15. Dirtywater

As level-headed a post as it gets. And I agree, we could have a Pro-Bowl roster and still lose on any given Sunday. I don't think we are a lock for anything, including the AFC-East, but I do think our FO put us in a position to compete, and that is all I can ask.

16. Dirtywater

Bingo!! I got Bingo!! :beer:

17. Lawbot

Lawbot New Member

As this board can be pretty schizophrenic during even the best of times, I think there would be many people predicting an immediate Jets SB win, and just as many people killing the front office for giving up a fourth round pick for a washed-up, me-first cancer...

18. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

That's a inside joke amongst Pats fans.. :breakdance:

19. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

That's the same reaction in Boston.. Like I said before not everyone is on board with this... Listen to WEEI 850 online.. Some are just killing the Pats FO..

20. Dirtywater