Stock Up/Stock Down/Stock Crashed After Game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Great American, Aug 18, 2013.

1. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Who helped or hurt themselves after last night's game? What are you guys thinking?

2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Stock Up:
    Bilal Powell
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Clyde Gates

Stock Down:
    Dee Milliner
    LB corps (coverage wise)
    Coples

Stock Crash:
    Joe McKnight

Stock Steady:
    Mark Sanchez, keeps his starting job for another week, looks like he will be starting week 1.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I had the same exact thing except instead of LB corps, I had David Harris. But LB corps in general is good.

4. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

True, it was more of a "stock down by default due to injury" type of placement, as opposed to a "played poorly" stock down placement.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He was pretty good while he played. But I'm pretty sure a fractured bone = stock down.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Is it me, or does Tommy Bohanon seem like a very good 7th round pick? Im liking this beast.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

LB:
    That LB corps didn't look good but I'm not seeing any incoming upgrades either. Years of neglect @ LB draft-wise and now it's time to deal with the consequences.

QB:
    - no comment. Wanna avoid turning this thread into another Geno vs. Sanchez thread. -

RB:
    I think Powell did nice but not good enough to give him a big edge on Ivory since it was only Ivory's first game. I liked Bell & think he's shown enough to have a legit shot @ RB #3. Really liked his patience when he went wide & had the patience to follow the pulling OL there. I'd expect a young RB fighting for a roster spot to just outrun his lineman there. If Bell can show something in special teams, I think McKnight sinks into deep trouble.

WR:
    Loved Braylon. Made some tough catches & almost made another tough catch on 3rd down (which was gonna make him short of 1st down marker anyway). I really hope Braylon gets to run with the ones before preseason ends. He's not washed up, there's still production left in his tank.

CB:
    Millner didn't look so good but I don't trust my eyes on evaluating him. I've spent years watching one of the most elite CB in NFL history. Also saw a legit #1 CB holding down the #2CB sport for multiple seasons too. I'm still undecided if Millner > Kyle Wilson when Jets open the season. Millner's best days are in front of him though. So maybe he should just stay on the field anyway to develop experience. Cro's tackling was pretty bad but it's only preseason. I don't want him killing himself with tackles right now & risking injury.

OL: Unfortunately, I was too focused on QB,RB during the game so I didn't watch them much. Hopefully there will be some Jets articles on last night's Guard play coming up (although I truly doubt it).

FB:
    I know he was drafted very late but was still hoping Tommy Bohanon would sneak onto this roster. He whiffed really bad when it was time to step up & make a block. Didn't even slow down the defender. Hopefully he gets some more snaps in week#3 & week #4. I'm still undecided on him.

DL:
    Wilkerson with a beautiful solo tackle when he was on the right side of the line & caught RB trying to go wide. Didn't start the play in perfect position but showed his athleticism & savvy by getting to right spot in time to make the stop. Coples showed good speed on the almost-fumble but his pressure was more from being unblocked than beating OL. Still like Coples & sucks to see he's injured.

#7 ajax, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  8. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Oh hell yea. A big body who can pick up the block(although he got beat really bad on one Sanchez sack) and he can go out and catch passes out the backfield. Dude has decent quickness and speed. I love this pick.

Also, he isnt Lex Hilliard and thats always a plus.

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

stock up:

-the O-line (held firm for the most part, especially in the passing game)

-Bilal Powell (very impressive ability I didn't expect from him but from Ivory, who is fine as well)

-the receiving corp (including the backfield,not sure if I can give a standout but for a part of the game that I was sure would be our weakest our receivers and running backs are doing their job well)

-Marty Mornhinweg (excellent scheming going on, opens the passing game up nicely)

-Santonio Holmes (he's running and cutting a bit meaning he's closer to being a factor than imagined, like him or not he can make a surprisingly good set of receivers even better)

stock down:

-LB corp (too slow or clueless, needs time or new players not that the latter was overly possible)

-chances of beating NE (because a short passing no huddle is gonna give it to us up the ass when we face them)

-Joe McKnight (clyde gates did just fine as a return man, we don't need him around if we don't want him or somebody else steps up)

can i add a neutral one? I'm adding a neutral one.

stock neutral:

-Mo Wilkerson (because nothings changed, he's still awesome as ever)

-Mark Sanchez (because nothings changed, he's still inconsistent as ever for better or worse)

10. BleedingGangGreen

Love these types of threads. Get down to the meat and potatoes of football talk.

The stock of Bilal Powell went up big time. 7 rushes for 68 yards along with an average of 9.7 yards per carry. A long of 37. You could even take his long of 37 away and he still ended up with an average of 5.1 yards per carry. He also had a reception for 5 yards coming out of the backfield. Our offensive line was strong (as should be) put Powell was a player out there last night. Had very strong field vision and/or made all the right decisions behind our line. Was also nice to see him put up productive yards every time Marty asked him to be the focal point of a wildcat formation.

I also believe the rookie stock of Sheldon Richardson went up. I know he'll be our DE opposite of Wilkerson with Ellis as our NT but last night Richardson was at NT/DT at least 90% of the time. 6 tackles for a NT/DT is always impressive. For example Ndamukong Suh has averaged 2.9 tackles per game throughout his 3 year NFL career. An all-time top 10 DT in Warren Sapp averaged 2.21 tackles per game throughout his NFL career. Obviously a lot more goes to the DT/NT position than just tackles, but Richardson not only fought strong at the L.O.S but also made plays.

Clyde Gates also improved his stock as a kick returner. Put up 100 yards off 3 kick returns. An average of 33.3 yards per return. For example McKnight (3), Leon Washington (2) and Jacoby Jones (1) led the NFL in yards per kick return last season with averages of 27.5, 29.0 and 30.7. Gates really stood out on special teams last night.

#10 BleedingGangGreen, Aug 18, 2013
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Up

Rueland
    Cumberland
    OL - They gave Sanchez forever to throw and left huge holes for Powell.
    Gates
    Powell What really impressed me about Powell was his vision. He sees the field and holes very well. Maybe it was the Jax defense or being pre-season but he seemed to be reacting very fast.
    Braylon He seems to be close to earning himself a roster spot and possibly some signifgant playtime as the 4th recieverduring the season. At least until Holmes comes back.
    Jarrett
    Folk Nice 54 yd FG
    Geno

Down
    McKnight He is pretty close to being on his way out. He better hope to be back for the Giants game.
    Sanchez A slightly above average Sanchez type performance. Unfortunately for Sanchez he played to much like Sanchez and imploded under pressure. After the INT his mechanics broke down even when not under pressure. He could have wrapped up the job against Jax with a mistake free performance. Now all Geno needs to do is show he is ready to play and its his job to lose. Fortunately for Sanchez that appears unlikely but one good outing by Geno and Sanchez could be on the bench if not cut.
    Harris
    Davis
    Coples The guy needs reps at LB
    Milner

#11 Noam, Aug 18, 2013
  12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Bart, would actually be a nice addition for 1st and 2nd down. Either way, the hurry up is going to kill us.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Hill, needs to catch the football when it hits his hands. Db's are going to have a field day playing "tip drill" on this guy, damn!

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, bad pass high and behind him. He had to contort his body to even get his hands on it.

15. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

While I feel that Sanchez threw it in a shit manner, Hill definitely had a shot at hauling that ball. Maybe I just feel that Hill should be capable of grabbing those shitters, his tangibles are just too good.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I thought Vlad Ducasse looked good at both guard spots. He had a couple pancake blocks and even showed some fight by getting into a few scuffles which we normally do not see from him.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Stock up: Coples for his SICK QB attack. MM for keeping the ball out of Marks hands on subsequent goal line stands. Richarson for breaking QB's thumb. Rex for actually watching the game.

Stock down: Tebow (1-7, 2ints, -1 yrd passing, go Pats!). Geno- Not playing put him on the bench this year. McKnight- Not playing put him on the bench this year. Ivory- he's fresh but you'd never know it by last night performance. Harris/Davis for giving up 3000 yards on the edge and every screen pass and slant over the middle. Cro for whiffing on open field tackle. Milliner for failing to cover/tackle my grandmother.

Neutral: New Teams Coordinator. We did pretty damn good but they never showed him on TV.

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It was more a shit thrown than anything else. Even if Hill makes that catch, he wouldn't get a chance to run with it and get enough yardage for a 1st down which is the point.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Didn't really see much of Ivory but I like his size and toughness