Steve Torre and Danny Kanell all over Greg Williams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LAJet, Sep 13, 2019.

1. If the gloves are off so be it.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

As long as your OK with retaliation on some of our players, I can respect your opinion. I personally don't agree. But everyone has the right to their opinion

3. TonyFtLaud

From the guy who complained all night about phantom penalties, nothing near as cheap as that play.... You posted how you hope we target Beckham's knees, Mayfield's knees, repeatedly. After the play was over Anderson crawled behind Allen, and dove into his knee. blatant , cheap, with intent to injure.
    Own it. Its what you were begging to see last night.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Generally I don’t like cheap shots, UNLESS we are playing the cheats.
    They have no moral compass so why should we show one in return?
    I hope Williams has them going at Br*dy and Browns legs.
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Im not fully there yet but playing houlier than thou w our tail between our legs has taken their toll on my moral fiber

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean i can get why it looks dirty but we really can't see what happened. not like he kicked him or anything. it looks to me like he tripped getting up a little

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Tony. Do you think the play on Siemens was clean, or a cheap unnecessary hit? I feel the later.
    Kannel can talk shit against Williams all day, but I see no evidence that its Williams driving it, nor it is any different than the rest of the cheap shit hits around the league by over eager players. I don't feel that its done to intentionally harm the player, but its unnecessary and stupid none the less.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

Can't see much there cause the screen is cropped, on the replay in full screen, it obvious. He didn't trip.

9. GasedAndConfused

ah gotcha. i couldn't see it from that clip but if that's the case we need to knock that shit off. I'm all for hard hits during the play but after the ball is gone, no need for cheap shots. they are all humans out there putting their body on the line for their job and our entertainment. no need to be hurting each other

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

Honestly, it's a bang bang play, Adams had a similar play on Mayfield that was a little later timing wise. Those are very difficult to call. Can't exactly stop mid hit if the ball is thrown. But that shot to Allen's knees was way after the play. Not close to either of the above examples from last night.
    Williams also has the baggage that he's got to carry, and he's not going to get the benifit of the doubt because of his past. I don't like to see intent to injure on any player period.
    I don't think it's being driven by Williams. He benched Adams for his third penalty, and knows he is under scrutiny from the league.

LAJet likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

adams wasn't benched for a penalty though

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

How do we know that. I admire Williams for making even the so called Super stars accountable. If Williams was our coach back then Mo would have lasted one game.

13. GasedAndConfused

Adams said why he was benched in an interview. i made a post about it. He said he blew assignment to guess on a play to make a play and guessed wrong.

14. TonyFtLaud

No Darron Lee to blame anymore. Remember a few times last season that happened. :D

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

LMAO yup i remember everyone blaming lee for anything the defense did wrong. like i swear lee must have banged some people's wives on this forum or something the way he was hated on.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

I think it was where he was picked more than anything.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you. They are instilling some discipline for a change, at least in the defensive side.

18. GasedAndConfused

Which is sad because i listed all the people picked after him in the 1st round and lee has been the best. the only case made could be for will fuller but we got robby that year as an UDFA who is pretty much the same player but doesn't get hurt all the time like fuller. there was a decent RT taken late in the 1st as well, but we got shell in the 5th who was better. reality is, it was a shit draft for the late 1st round and lee turned out as the BPA in hindsight. we also got steals in shell and robby that year

yup no complaints form me. I'm not mad at adams. I don't blame him for being frustrated and going rogue trying to make a play. but I also understand if he did that often ti could cost us a game in the future

LAJet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So the NFL fined Adams for his hit but not Garret for exactly the same hit. The NFL is becoming a joke.,

Sam Hammer and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

Garrett's fine will come, have more plays to review with him than Adams .