Statistically the COLTS are in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Jan 21, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I googled it for you.

http://18to88.com/

Authors
    Tuesday, 14 July 2009 00:24

18to88.com is run by two brothers who love the Indianapolis Colts. We started the site shortly after the Indianapolis Colts' victory in Super Bowl XLI, mainly as a way to make football last all year long. That really is the dream, isn't it?

After Peyton finally won it all, Colts fans sat around sort of stunned for about a week. It was the end of the season, but we weren't angry and depressed. It was weird. Browns fans, some day you too will know this strange feeling. Or not, there's really no guarantee. Anyway so nothing will ever be the same blah blah blah. I'm not going to go all Bill Simmons circa 2004 on you here.

All you need to know is that 18 to 88.com is built around two ideas:

1) Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the game today.

2) Marvin Harrison is the second best receiver of all time.

If you are new to 18to88, here's some info that will help you:

We are homers. We love the Colts. We hate the Jags and Pats. Don't accuse us of being homers, because you'll only look like an idiot for pointing out the obvious. We try to be open and fair minded about things, but at the end of the day, we are Colts fans.

We allow anyone to comment on our blog, but if you want to post negative things about us or the team, you have to leave your name. No one is allowed to troll about without some slight modicum of accountability.

This is a football blog primarily, but we also follow IU, the Pacers, the Reds, and IRL racing religiously. You can expect a heavy dose of all these throughout the year.

We don't talk politics or religion except when it directly intersects with the game. In fact, we are heavily into both and that's why we leave it outside. We ask you to do the same.

On occasion, people ask us about the Baltimore Colts. Our rule is simple: Baltimore doesn't want us, and guess what...we don't want them either. The old Baltimore Colts have forsworn the horseshoe, so they will get no recognition from us. They don't exist.

Now that Marvin Harrison is no longer with the Colts, many people (jokingly, I hope) ask us if we are going to change the name of the blog to 18to87 or something similar. Let's clear that up right now...

NO. Not now. Not ever.

The Manning to Harrison combination is the most prolific in league history. We have been Harrison fans before Peyton Manning was even on a draft board. As dedicated fans of Indianapolis Colts history, we are committed to never let anyone forget how dynamic the 18to88 duo was. Everyone who hangs on to 18 and 88 jerseys will have grateful kids in about 20 years. It's a classic combo that will retain its significance in Indy for many many years. So, thanks for the question, but no. We are never changing the name.

18to88 forever.
    As always, you can write us at 18to88@gmail.com

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They averaged 4.6 yards per carry. Your defense didn't shut down their run game, your offense (and there impatience) did.

3. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I love the way you Jet fans love to pull out stats to prove a point, but someone writes and article with stats to backup the Colts and it's bull crap.

4. abyzmul

5. freebo

freebo New Member

Yeah I am starting to feel that way too.

I am done debating this. I have given my view and the debate is getting pointless.

You know my thoughts on all of this. I think it could be a close game, but I also think there is no way in hell the Jets are going to rush for 170 yards on this Colts defense, at home, in the playoffs, with the winner taking rights to a Super Bowl birth.

So I have said my peace.

have at it.

Here is to a great game on Sunday!:beer:

6. abyzmul

Hahaha, you lost.

7. freebo

freebo New Member

Nope the loser will be who is wrong about the 170 yards.

8. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

So what if he admits to being a homer? That doesn't change the stats.:eek:hmy:

9. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

how old are you? you are obviously way behind in your madden years. its not that your two rb's suck, its because your line is built to pass block. your team is only good because of your qb. to beat it all he is going into the hall of fame because of his stats. manning doesnt like pressure, game pressure or defensive pressure...and you may finally understand that after sunday. manning is a choke artist, who has great stats. he is the total opposite of joe "cool" montana. if you will watch the jets colts game from the regular season, you will see that ryan did not try to apply as much pressure as this team is capable of. (believe me i just watched it again) on sunday we may all see painter in there again! the jets were in that game the whole time manning played, even without the kind of pressure that we put on tom brady in our 16-9 win at the meadowlands. truth be known you and the rest of the colts fans (maybe even the team) are scared of this match up because the jets have nothing to lose, and will let it all hang out. meanwhile the colts organization has the burden of choking in yet another afc title game to an underdog, in front of all the faithful at the dome. you better be praying for alot of rookie mistakes, cause i have a feeling you are going to need them! i cant wait for sunday!!! go jets!

11. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

has anyone ever noticed that when manning snaps the ball, his feet sound very familiar to fred flintstone when he is in his car trying to pull out at a rapid pace? does this mean that manning has nervous happy feet?

12. freebo

freebo New Member

Keep talking. It will all be over for you soon enough.

13. freebo

freebo New Member

Sad thing is you would trade half of your team to have his happy feet in a Jets uniform.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Peyton is a GREAT player ... but actually, no.

I'd rather be a team full of excellent players on both sides of the ball, rather than be what you guys are. If Peyton ever happened to slip in the shower, or catch the swine flu, or twist his ankle playing with his kids, what would you do?

Let's be honest ... The Colt's team picture should be Peyton and the coach.

I'd rather have a strong roster on both sides of the ball.

But that said ... I'd take Freeny and Mathis too ;-)

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Those horseshoes on your helmets are going to turn into spike marked footprints on Sunday. Manning might even get knocked out of the game with injury. Anyway you look at it, the Jets are going to completely wear out the Colts over 60 minutes and pound their way into the Super Bowl

16. freebo

freebo New Member

The Jets are going to be pounding alright - Pounding Salt!

17. Coltsfan1980

Coltsfan1980 New Member

18 to 88 & what the national media won't tell you

1. 18 to 88 is run by homers - fine, but is that your best counter argument? If you think DZ is wrong then prove it with some football logic. A person can be a homer AND still demonstrate sound logic. The two are not mutually exclusive.

2. Here's what the national media won't tell you -

In Week 16 the Jets were fighting for the playoff lives against a Colts team that was INTENTIONALLY sitting seven starting players. Most of those starters were on defense (see list below), AND Freeney was on a "pitch count". And what was the result?

The Colts were still winning through three and half quarters!

Mike Greene, Mort and the other guys and East-coast SPN can talk about how the game was "close" before Manning was pulled but the reality is that the Jets never saw the Colts at anywhere near full strength.

You ask how the Colts are going to stop the Jets run defense?

My answer is that they already have, while fielding a mostly JV defense. Watch what happens when those four starting defenders are back on the field.

You ask how Manning is going to put up points against the Number 1 defense in the NFL.

My answer is that he already has, without his starting left tackle and a starting wide receiver. Watch what happens when he has four quarters and a fully staffed offense.

Melvin Bullitt - Starting Strong Safety - Did Not Play
    Jerraud Powers - Starting Cornerback - Did Not Play
    Clint Session - Starting Linebacker - Did Not Play
    Robert Mathis - Starting Defensive End - Did Not Play
    Keyunta Dawson - Backup Defensive End - Did Not Play
    Charlie Johnson - Starting Left Tackle - Did Not Play
    Pierre Garcon - Starting Wide Receiver - Did Not Play
    Matt Stover - Kicker - Did Not Play

#137 Coltsfan1980, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Takes 4 quarters to win, that will become painfully obvious for Indy on Sunday

19. Coltsfan1980

Coltsfan1980 New Member

Who cares if they ran for 4.6, 7.6 or 15.6 yards per carry?

Here's what matters: did their run game help them put points on the board? Did their run game win?

Obviously it didn't.

So we can argue about what the magic stat is to "shut down" someone's running game but truly the only thing that matters is the result. And the result is that Colts did enough to prevent the Ravens from using their run game to win.

20. Coltsfan1980

Coltsfan1980 New Member

Wow...Really?

Is that all you got from that entire post?

Did you completely miss the point about who was playing in that game or did you conveniently choose to ignore it?