Starting to get a little nervous..

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that tebow would be released in the offseason, but since it hasn't happened already and rex said he would compete for the starting job (and no, i don't take anything rex says seriously... probably some tannenbaum bullshit comment).... are we looking at another year of this shit show?

If there is one thing jet fans and TeBros can agree on, its that the best decision possible is to unleash him..... to free agency.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Here here!!!

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i am going to go against the grain here.

why cut tebow now? the story is dead. he isnt the miracle leading comeback kid, he is the guy who sat the bench last year and saw some time on teams. he can be a good football player, why not let him compete and if he is really far behind the other qb's see ifhe wants a position change. if not then cut him. or maybe he actually shows something at qb. we have 4th round pick invested in him.if the uproar has died down there is no downside to trying to get some return on investment.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I do question why he's on the team any longer.

If they wanted him gone immediately he would have been on the same bus out as Scott and co.

Supposedly hes here till minicamp, so they're keeping him for whatever reason for now.

It can't be for good press or whatever, it must be either a last look for a new coach to see if anythings there, or just having a placeholder because...
    I don't even know why.

no matter what he isn't starting QB, but maybe Marty thinks he can do what his predecessor couldn't and actually make him work? he did work a little, if only few and far between and often coming in at the worst times, is that gadget play role still on the drawing board? Is he gonna move to another spot?

It seems like the jets only have more to gain if he's gone though, more space in the cap and all that. so it must be something damned worth while for MM or anybody else to say, "wait, don't cut him just yet, I wanna see if we can do something, we might have a place for him instead of getting somebody else."

maybe they want to see if its worth it to try and put him in the competition along with the other 3 confirmed to be in it?

Its delaying the inevitable but who knows, there must be a reason though, the don't seem to be done with the athlete. when they could and frankly should be.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

To be concerned about Tebow, a complete non factor last year, still being on the team and not worried that Ryan is already saying stuff like " Mark is taking the first snap at the OTC " and Marty is saying " Sanchez has a leg up" is just laughable .

The " shit show " you refer to was Mark Sanchez , if I were you guys I would really be nervous about what is being said about him .
    Start a prayer circle , or worship Satan , or just get in the fetal position and wish, hope and and pray that " The lord of Butt Fumbles" isn't your day one starter .........and forget Tebow , he's most likely out of the NFL , worry about Marky Mark instead.

[​IMG]

#5 CowboysFan, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

For once, I think everyone is in total agreement. The situation isn't good for either side, so I don't understand why they are keeping him.

Surely by now they have guessed they aren't gonna get a taker for a trade, unless they are hoping for a team to get desperate when their new signee gets injured for the season. For some reasons, the Jets are acting as if they are going to get something of real value if they just hold out a little longer with Tebow.

That is like keeping a soiled pair of pants around hoping some idiot will give you a soda for it in a garage sale or something. Toss the thing in the garbage already!!

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Once again, the Jets save more cap space if they can find a trade partner rather than cut him. They have to make it appear is if they want to keep him if anyone that may want him is going to offer anything.

I still don't think anyone will and he'll eventually be cut but they have to at least give it the old college try.

http://www.examiner.com/article/inside-the-numbers-new-york-jets-salary-cap-questions-answered

8. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Tebow will not be a Jet next year. They'll trade him for anything.
    It's better for the cap and they can choose where he goes. (Not Pats)

9. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Oh and I don't believe that he will be traded.
    He'll be released.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

LTJF, please tell me this obviously bitter dumbass is banned for life

11. Concerned_Citizen

Wasn't aware of the cap hit, but the number seems relatively low and a small price to pay to get rid of a migraine.

#11 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  12. Concerned_Citizen

Why would it matter if he goes to the Pats? They're not gonna pull Brady for third and short. Everyone in the building knows it is probably gonna be a power run if they did anyway.

I think odds are next to nothing that the Pats would want him at all. I know McDaniels likes him, but he will be held in check by his hooded master.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When your tight on cap space you don't just throw away over $1 million in cap space. Their is little to no migraine as of right now. It's the middle of the off season and all the talk is about free agent signings and the draft. Idzik is just patiently waiting it out hoping to save that space. It's the right move even if the chances are low that someone takes the bait.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

$1 million cap hit is substantial for a team in the Jets' situation. They benefit as an organization by at least trying to find a sucker somewhere. No matter what, Timmy will likley not be on the roster for camp and that leaves the Idzik plenty of time to do what is best for the Jets. It is admirable that they are putting the team ahead of Tim in this sense, a backup QB is simply a bargaining chip that should be used if anything can be obtained and let go with the least of amount of impact to the franchise.

15. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

The cap space is not the only issue the Jet organization has to worry about. The fans on a forum that may not like a particular player are not the ones that drive what the Jets currently need... money. You guys can bash Tebow and whomever else all you want, but the fact of the matter is that who is going to show up for a game when they know their team is going to lose without even trying something different.

They are going to lose a lot of that if they can not sell regular tickets, season tickets, as well as the mighty PSLs. Even before midseason, last year you could buy seats for $4 a pop close to the field because they were not being sold. Thats bad. When PSLs are going for thousands of dollars but then being resold for $4... thats bad. Really bad. Those are the people you all need to worry about, because the Jets are bleeding and will for a prolonged time. When a stadium empties out before the end of third quarter, those same fans are not going to keep coming back with what is currently happening. I sure as hell didn't spend the money a second or third time to see a game simply because I knew what the outcome was going to be: Sanchez getting in the way of himself and not getting it back together to rally for a win. I would have loved to see more games, but I knew it would have been a waste of my time to go out to a game where it seemed like the team didn't even want to play.

Everyone is so concerned with Tebow being gone, but as someone who has watched the Jets for many years, I want Rex out of there. They guy is toxic and has had his chance. How he didn't get the boot is beyond me. If he does what he did last season with not even giving anyone else a chance should Sanchez not perform well, then it's going to be a repeat of what happened. Does anyone want to see that happen? It doesn't matter if it is Tebow as Sanchez's second or whoever else out of the 5 QBs the Jets currently have... it is fixed. Mark can do no wrong and he is not going to be pulled if he is doing that terrible. Rex went in with Sanchez and IMO will leave with him. I would be more concerned about developing SOMEONE that can get the job done. If Sanchez or Tebow can't do that, then the Jets have to move on and get what they need.

Fan of Tebow or not, thats how I see the situation. I do agree with most here though... with 5 QBs someone has to give. Most likely that is going to be Tebow. As a fan of Tebow, I would like to see him go elsewhere. I just wish the Jets would get it done already. I think most here can agree that the Jets need players to fill other spots that are not related to quarterbacking at the moment. Holding on to players that you are not going to use is a waste, especially when other spots need developing. They are snapping up QBs left and right, but what about the other spots?

16. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I wonder if the Jets could get a conditional 2014 7th round pick out of a team. No pick if he plays in less than x% of the plays in the upcoming season. Escalates to a 7th if he plays between y-z% and a 6th if he plays more than z% or something like that.

That way, a team could get him for nothing if they don't play him. And if they play him, it means he's being successful, and all they had to give up is a 6th or 7th.

However, its more likely that every team in the league knows the Jets are going to cut him, and if any team is (for some odd reason) interested in him, they know they can probably get him for the vet minimum and give up nothing else.

Or, if all else fails and he gets cut; hello Arena League...?

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets aren't going to fall apart if Tebow leaves.

18. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

The Jets still had the fourth highest attendance. If someone was getting close to the field seats for four dollars, I wish they would have told me or any of my friends.

Rex Ryan is still the coach that took us to two AFC Championships. As far as, "not giving anyone else a chance," he did give McElroy a start. Tebow was the one that tried to sabotage that. I believe what you meant was that he didn't give your guy a chance.

19. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

My bad! Your right the Jets were falling apart before Tebow came. :shit:

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

If this is all that you gleaned out of the four paragraphs that you responded to then you have truly picked an appropriate avatar. The butts in the seats that support this team with their hard earned cash were fed up by the end of the 2011 season. The clamor from the stadium increased in 2012 and now the PSL owners are threatening law suits. Doesn't that sound like a meltdown of NY proportions? You can thank Rex and Woody for that dog and pony show.