Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Did you just prop up McDaniels? The guy who pretty much dealt away much of our talent and replaced them with Patriot cast offs that didn't pan out...

Dismantled an offense that wasn't broken, and ignored one of the worst defenses in the NFL....

Drafted Knowshon with the 12th overall pick over Orakpo, and then watched the guy keep fumbling and getting injured on the coin toss...

Traded another first rounder to get Alphonso Smith in the second round... then dealt him for peanuts a year later...

Traded Hillis and some picks for Brady Quinn...

Pulled the Cutler debacle thinking and older, more expensive (at the time) Matt Cassell (as well as the picks it would have taken for a trade) was actually an upgrade... and left us with Kyle freaking Orton...

Traded 3 picks to move back into the first round for a RB masquerading as a QB... when most of the league had him as a third rounder at best...

The architecht that took a once proud franchise and led it to the highest draft pick it ever made in history...

...got fired after spygate 2....

You really take judgment of McHoodie the imploder on Tebow? Wow... It appears I'm too late to save some of you from drinking the Tim Tebow kool-aid.

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Naw Mr. Elway. I'm not proping anything up. I meant what I said originally, "I prefer Mr. McDaniels opinion of Tim over yours".

Ohhh, you're out to save the world from drinking Tim kool-aid. How philanthropic of you. Some free advice? Do yourself a favor and worry about your own inadequacies. Tim and Tim fans can take care of ourselves.

#162 Remarker, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Concerned_Citizen

I still think it was more of a matter of teams backing off. Toward the end of the season, we saw a lot more teams putting 9 in the box running containment schemes rather than blitzing him like they did earlier in the season. When blitzing him, he was finding too many holes and kept running for 15 yards. Once it was more like stay in your lane kickoff coverage... we saw a lot more three and outs, less success on the run, and more daring Tebow to throw the ball, and in most cases, it was the right risk because that is where he REALLY struggled. rarely did he lead a receiver to hit him in stride, he hesitated far too much and took unneccessary sacks, and had difficulty surveying what was actually happening, because if his first choice that he locked on was covered... he'd be spending more time looking for an exit to run through than finding another open guy.

I don't think having an offseason would have mattered. He had almost 13 games, and by the end of the year, he wasn't really any better than he was at first. I just don't see how a dozen or so practices (when everyone says he's a horrible practice player anyway) of 7 on 7 drills and red shirt walk throughs would have made a difference. 13 games > a dozen OTAs.

It was obvious Elway and Fox weren't sold on him... they saw him every day and apparently came to a similar conclusion that I did. Too many flaws, and unlikely to improve them to where they needed to be... at least, anytime soon.

For Tebow to succeed. He needs a team to go ALL IN with him, build completely around him in a run heavy offense, and bring in WRs that aren't so tempermental when they don't get their touches, but can block... (good luck finding people to fill those diva positions.) Even if a team is willing to take on that project, nobody can say it will actually work and they will have wasted years in a failed experiment when this league is extremely pass happy. In this day and age when GM careers are short lived, you just aren't going to see someone take that chance. Easier to just get a new QB that find enough guys and a coaching staff willing to take a shot at sandlot football. the Broncos weren't interrested in that after McDaniels left. Hell, McDaniels probably thought he'd get the entire 3 years most thought would take Tebow to develop.

Part of that development is on Tebow too though. If my career was in question, and people were debating whether I was even a QB rather than a FB, let alone how great I was... I'd probably be using my resources surrounding myself with people that can help fix that. I wouldn't just spend a couple of weeks with a guru... then go prance around in front of cameras, making appearance, and enjoying the hollywood celebrity scene too much. He may not have asked for it, but he certainly isn't taking a break from the reporters.

4. Concerned_Citizen

If ANYONE wanted Tebow to be the guy, it was McDaniels. Even when he put Tebow in... he never let him throw it. Wonder why?

If Tebow was really that damn great... then why didn't someone like Elway see it... and why did only two teams step up with a 4th rounder? you'd think a guy who single handedly salvaged a season (as the Tebowners believe) would get more respect around the league. I'd expect more of them to offer their first born.... or at least a deal similar to what we got for Cutler.

No? How 'bout a third rounder?

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You're mistaken. League pros will tell you almost every time that real "install" is done in the offseason. Because you have to teach the entire team the plays, not just the QB. And you have to design a whole series of formations and play that reinforce one another -- formations that look the same and you can do many things off of them. And series of play calls that work off of each other. For Denver last year, they were doing a little install each week, but never got to really get some good play-calling going, with good audibles available. That's not a function of Tebow playing games, that needs an offseason install to be at full effectiveness.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No one has said he is awesome and no one has said he is a great QB and not even a good QB.

I think the only things (generally) Tebow fans say is that he is not the scrub you are painting him out to be and has a lot of potential and he HAS already had success (its called reality) .

You are the zealot actually.

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I seem to remember Cam Newton and Andy Dalton crushing rookie records last year. They were both rookies that never got the luxury of a single offseaon or OTA, yet they thrived.

Newton did it, and in his second year continues to do it, despite being on a terrible, terrible team. Dalton's receivers last year were abysmal with the exception of A.J. Green, another rookie, and he was spectacular.

The excuses will never end. Tebow is now a 3rd year quarterback, and riding pine behind a bad quarterback, because nobody wants him to throw the football for their team. It's really that simple.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Cam may have much better stats, Tim wins more games. People can find 100 reasons why Cam throws balls prettier than Tim, but in the end Tim is a much better person, NFL QB and leader than Cam.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

(1) Is Tebow as good as Cam Newton?

(2) Is there such a thing as a quarterback who doesn't get there right away, but benefits from development?

(3) Are you aware that from day one, the "install" was custom tailored to make Cam Newton get up to speed? The amount of time is not as critical as the attention and reps on the install -- Cam came in with a brand new coaching staff, and that staff installed an offense for him to run.

More time is beneificial.

The point is not an "excuse," it is a fact -- the Broncos could have been more productive as an offense if they had known for sure they had nothing but Tebow, and installed a Tebow-centric offense. They may not have wanted to do that (you surely wouldn't). But it is a FACT that the offseason helps the whole offense learn the installed offense. Two days of practice a week are not enough to install a new offense. So the Broncos went with a hybrid.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

That Alphonso Smith deal had to be the worst deal ever, especially that pick was Earl Thomas, a Pro Bowl player. Josh McDaniels probably did a favor of getting rid of Cutler and getting many picks for him, because Cutler is Jeff George 2.0. Unfortunately he didn't do too much with those picks.

11. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

better person? no doubt... cams a dirt bag. leader? yeah I can see that he's an ass-hat. NFL QB? no frigging way is he a better nfl qb and he never will be. Say what you want about scum newton but he is and will always be a better qb than tim tebow and there isnt a GM/SCOUT/COACH in the NFL that would tell you any different.

12. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I might argue that's situational especially right now.

Would you rather have Newton or Tebow to close out a game?

3rd and 1 who would you rather have the ball to close the game out? I'm thinking you'd want Newton, however history would point to Tebow being a better option and QB in that situation.

Statistically this is a no brainer, you want Cam. (if you ignore the W statistic)

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I love it when people use what GMs/Scouts/Coaches say or do as definitive proof for a player's ability. As if these people are infallible. I tend to believe my eyes more than anyone else's unless the subject-matter is very complex, i.e. brain surgery. (I'm not going to argue with a brain surgeon on how to repair a damaged lobe.)

But looking at a guy and seeing whether he can play QB or not... not brain surgery or rocket science level calculations. Is Cam a better QB? Meh. It depends on what you think is important. Has he thrown for more yards? Yes. Does he win more? No. I'll take wins. I also can't really judge the passing performances since Cam's coaching staff implemented a system that was truly tailored to his skills and he had better receivers and full support of the organization from day 1.

I don't know how you can say Cam will always be a better QB than Tebow unless you are clairvoyant or something to that effect. If you can predict the future, then I kindly request that you PM me tomorrow's lotto numbers.

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

FUCK no. If you want a change start McElroy and put in Tebow whenever you want to lost a few yards.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

How surprising from a Hurricane fan. Canes and Noles fans are ridiculous haters. Maybe I'm blind to it, but Gators fans just don't care enough about UM and FSU to hate. We concentrate on ourselves.

#175 Backup QB, Oct 2, 2012
  16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Intelligent post there buddy

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm from Miami also. "The U" fans are still mad at Tebow.

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

The U stands for fiU, right? I know their boxing team is damn good.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'm actually a cane fan not a gator fan , the cane fan hate for Tebow is second only to fsu fan hate , it's unreal.

#179 CowboysFan, Oct 2, 2012
  20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Wow........that's a low blow even by Tebowmina section standards ...