Stabby McStabstab on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInMD, Sep 9, 2010.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The twin-linked missile formation.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Lewis has walked the walk. He has a right to talk.

That about covers it, imo.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

All time sack leaders

Sack Leaders
    RK PLAYER SACKS
    1 Bruce Smith 200
    2 Reggie White 198
    3 Kevin Greene 160
    4 Chris Doleman 150
    5 Michael Strahan 141
    6 John Randle 137
    Richard Dent 137
    8 Lawrence Taylor 132
    Leslie O'Neal 132
    10 Rickey Jackson 128
    11 JASON TAYLOR 127
    12 Derrick Thomas 126
    13 Simeon Rice 122
    14 Clyde Simmons 121
    15 Sean Jones 113
    16 Greg Townsend 109
    17 Pat Swilling 107
    18 Trace Armstrong 106
    19 Kevin Carter 104
    Neil Smith 104
    *Active players are in CAPS

He may have have earned it but he's no LT or Rickey Jackson...

#123 MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  4. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Enter Lousaka Polite. Dude destroyed Bart on a few plays last season that had me wide eyed. I'm sure it will not stop B.S from talking b.S though. As for Connor, you guys should be ashamed. Dude has never played a down outside of an exhibition game and he is already a neutralizer to one of the best MLB's that ever played NFL football? Get real. Some of you set your expectations unrealistically high, which only makes the plunge more real.

5. MadBacker Prime

conner

6. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

ROTFLMBO!!! I have to agree though, but damn ShadeTree!:rofl::rofl:

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are over hyping Conner slightly against one of the all-time great LB's, I will give you that. We are just pumped for MNF dude. Someone's got to hit Ray and more than likely its gonna be our best blocking FB.

But Lousaka Polite?????? come on dude get real. We should be ashamed for getting excited about a Rookie bruiser but you make a comment about some nobody like that? I wish we were playing the dolfags monday so you guys would shut the f#ck up

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

oh and I'm not going to make a bold prediction right here or anything but I wouldnt be suprised if you guys lose to buffalo sunday. Just sayin.... wasnt it 31-10 or something last year?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's also not an edge rusher, like most of the players you listed.

10. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

lol @ trying to minimize what Ray has accomplished by bringing up sack totals

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I don't believe that Stabby is quite the MLB that he used to be. He looks like he has lost more than a step. His great ability was to cover the field from sideline to sideline from the middle. Stabby was never great at mixing it up on the line. For years he has depended upon his line and to some extent his speed to keep the offense's blockers off of him. I don't think he is as quick or nimble as he used to be so that part of his game is greatly diminished.

A much younger player should have the ability to find and hit him pretty well. The key will be for the line to create an opening to allow the Terminator and Greene through to get at Lewis.

In the end I think the Jets are well set up to smash the ball up the middle and shake Stabby's confidence a bit. With the two FBs the Jets are carrying they should be able to sustain long bruising ground and pound drives without wearing out the lead blockers.

12. ........

........ Trolls

You're right. He's not an outside linebacker. Salient point.

13. MadBacker Prime

Yeah he is a tackling machine, I was just being a dick because at the moment I don't like him. Once we are done with him on Monday I will return to being a fan of Lewis.

He does is job as the Mike LB very well, a true defensive leader in every sense of the word, minus the stabbing.

I also know by and large inside LB are not blitzers, again I was just being a dick.

14. MadBacker Prime

LOL-

You guys are so funny, I post sack leaders, it was a joke to someone who referred to him as NOT a all-time great.

It was ironic, just so you are aware Ray Lewis is not a CB, but in 2003 he had 6 INT's which matches the most Darrelle has had in a season.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

jayfeely Definition of irony: Ray Lewis passionate speech about Jets trash talk, followed by his old spice commercial where he's covered in bubbles

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hell, leon washington laid one of your LBs out last year. It is a matter of timing and position.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

nobody is saying he will neutralize knifey, just that he clearly has the physical ability to knock that murdering mutha fucka on his ass and maybe wish he was in prison where he belongs. huge difference between the two, like the difference between teal and green.

18. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

We split games with Buffalo last year. I don't think your team was as fortunate so I wouldn't be surprised if we swept them again this year. See, I can do it too.

I'm a gator and was at UF when Channing was there. Fsu were our rivals, but I love that Leon let him have it to remind him that nothing is sweet. Too bad Leon is gone from ny, dude was a weapon on offense and special teams.

Why all the misplaced hate? Did he stab your wife with his flesh knife...pause....resume

19. Modern Day Jesus

Modern Day Jesus New Member

If Connor puts Murderer on his ass, I'm celebrating by throwing an anti-lewis party. Shots on me.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

seriously - how the fuck would you walk into a pitch and sell that concept

"ok, so then ray throws a saddle out of the windown onto a giant flying raven, he gets on the raven, except really its a space ship and as its flying along a laser shoots out its beak and blows up Saturn"

"And you really think this will help us sell shower gel? Well ok, if thats what the kids are into these days"