Sparano Taking a Shot At Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Is Sparano Taking a Shot at Revis

1. Yes

17.1%
  2. No

12.4%
  3. Keep Fist Pumping Field Goals Asshole.

53.4%
  4. I like Beer!

17.1%
  1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Depends maybe they can hire Saban again.........

2. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

The venerable Herman Edwards would be more in character for the showman style approach that Biami's ownership has become rapidly known to manifest.

Other similar choices would be Jon Gruden or Mike Singletary.

Mr. Ross comes across as unpredictable as he does whimsical, so he could surprise everyone with the sentimental wild card by luring David Shula from the food service industry to take one last aim at embarrassing his father on a national stage.

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Both is definitely wrong. You can maybe argue Smith depending on how you look at the stats, but I'm curious as to what you're basing your information on? Eyesight?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...tion-Burn-Rate-for-Cornerbacks?urn=nfl-wp2995

Cromartie was 5th best last year in burn rate % (6th if Aso qualified), you know the job of a CB, to cover their receiver. I don't see Smith or Davis at the top of this list.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010

Heres another good link charting last years CB production. While, Smith is ranked a tad higher than Cromartie, both acheived the same success rate (63%), while Cromartie was targeted twice as much as Smith was. Plus, Cro held his receivers to less yards per catch and less yards after catch than Smith did. So again, what analysis can you bring to the table to show BOTH of your CB are better than Cromartie?

4. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Also found this on Davis:

"Scouts Inc. grades have Davis as one of the top 10 cornerbacks in the league. That may be true when it comes to raw talent, but like a lot of young cornerbacks, Davis' early performance hasn't quite reflected that talent level.

According to Football Outsiders game charting, Davis ranked 61st in adjusted yards per pass allowed last year, and 71st in adjusted success rate in coverage.

He also had nine broken tackles, which is a lot for a cornerback."

5. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

your opinions dont hold much water anymore, I remember last offseason we were having the same debate, except it was about henne vs. sanchez, and holmes vs. my wife wants to kill me, how did that work out for you?

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

BOOM!

Headshot

7. AFCBEAST

AFCBEAST New Member

Sporano is an idiot :finssuck:

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Remember when Rex Ryan got lapband surgery? I remember Tony Sparano said something like, "Yeah I lost alot of weight over the offseason. You know the right way, the natural way. No surgeries, or anything, just hard work."

Guy thinks hes in the same league as Rex, or something.

9. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

there were fin trolls here that mentioned he was a better coach bc of it. ha!

10. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

11. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

And when exactly was that? 2007? 4 years ago? How is that reflective of Comartie currently, which is what we are talking about? Cromartie is a good player... but looking over his 5 year career, that 2007 season appears to be more of an anomaly than the rule.

In terms of being complete corners, they both are above Comartie IMO. In run support, Smith is a much more physical player than Comartie, and Vontae is like a tomahawk missle out there. In terms of coverage this past year, Comartie had 7 penalties in coverage, while Vontae/Smith had 2 penalties combined (only one penalty each). Last year, Smith and Vontae gave up 4 TD's combined... while Comartie gave up 7 TDs alone. He also got beat for more big plays than either of Smith or Vontae, allowing 14.3ypr vs Smith at 13.5 and Vontae at 11.8ypr. PFF graded Smith as the 8th best CB in the league, and Vontae at #14... while Cromartie was down around 53.

Now, this is NOT Cromartie-bashing time. He is obviously not the 53rd best CB in the league, lol. Dude is a good player... but I honestly feel that Smith and Vontae have passed Cromartie in terms of being complete cornerbacks.

#111 FinNasty, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

We'll have to see about that this year. I haven't seen much mention of it on here but Cro has been laying some nice hits on guys this pre season. We'll have to see if he keeps it up during the year.

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I have noticed that.

14. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Good to hear. Hopefully he's working on that part of his game. I like Cro, he was one of the players I wanted in the 2006 draft. Certainly wanted him over Jason Allen, lol...

#114 FinNasty, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Sparano does that all the time actually.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Or Cam Cameron.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Is this true? REALLY? HALLELUJAH!

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, I have seen him stick a few WRs at the point of reception. HOWEVER, I've also seen couple of times (specifically against the Bengals) where he shied away from contact with a RB -- it wasn't nearly as egregious as the notorious play against Shonn Greene, but it was still along those lines.

Cro just isn't a physical DB, and I'm not sure physicality is teachable. On the bright side, he's been learning how to be more physical with WRs at the line/within 5 yards, which is more important than run support.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It's just silly to claim Davis and Smith are both better than Cromartie.