Sparano Taking a Shot At Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Is Sparano Taking a Shot at Revis

1. Yes

17.1%
  2. No

12.4%
  3. Keep Fist Pumping Field Goals Asshole.

53.4%
  4. I like Beer!

17.1%
  1. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

He's also much better at "getting benched for Jason Allen."

He's really not that good; be honest with yourself.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss Jason Allen this season. I love that guy.

3. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

He was benched for Jason Allen b/c he got in the dog house for maturity issues. He was goofing off during team meetings, and not treating it like a job and being professional. He wasnt benched for anything related to on field performance... do some research on it if you'd like.

I'm being plenty honest with myself and you...

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

sparano has been defending henne all off season, so yes, if the dolphins finish under .500 again, and henne sucks again, they both will be gone.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I know 2 years ago Sean Smith was statistically one of the worst corners in the entire NFL. I'm sure he improved last year, but I was not overly impressed the few times I watched the Dolphins play.

I thought Vontae Davis looked good at the beginning of the year, though. Not sure if he kept it up all year, minus the Greg Jennings destroying him game.

6. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Goofing off in meetings is related to on field performance. The coaches don't play you because no matter how talented you are (and Smith is clearly talented), if you don't know the coverages, if you haven't studied the opposing receivers and offense, if you aren't fully prepared, you're useless to the team. One badly blown coverage by a corner can lose a game for you.

When you're goofing off enough to be benched to Jason Allen for half the season you are clearly a total fuck up.

But I'm sure, he's a great, hardworking, dilligent guy now.

7. ajetsfan4ever

that, and you got a wr who's wife wants to kill him.

let's be honest, the dolphins haven't been good in years, including 08, when they played a last place schedule, and thats the truth, proven by getting there asses kicked [at home] in the wc round.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Dolphins have good cornerbacks, and a couple other good pieces on defense (Dansby, Starks). The problem is the rest of their defense is average at best, and the offense is an utter mess. And the Jets have better coaching.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:lol: how can a head coach think you judge CB play by INTs? Does he also judge them by the amount of tackles they have?

Too funny.

I don't see it as a shot at Revis.

10. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

You've never heard of a player being put in the dog house? It wasnt b/c he didnt know the defense/plays/coverages/etc. It was b/c they coaches were trying to give him a wake up call that he needed to get his shit together. Was getting a little too cocky and entitled after starting all 16 games in his rookie season. Coaches sat him down for a couple games and it got his attention...

11. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Cameron Wake?

12. ajetsfan4ever

dont forget about the D.E they have, he is really good, but for some reason I can't remember his name right now.

13. ajetsfan4ever

thats it, yes c.wake is pretty good.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's fine Tony but when I look at how good a team is I don't look at how many wins they have only how many points they've scored. It's essentially the same thing. What a fucking idiot.

I don't think he's taking a shot at Revis as based on his comment it's quite obvious he's too dam stupid to have done that.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well then the Jets should sweep the putrid fish completely this year. That will help with the overall record, of course, but I still care about that more than just your average garden variety regular season win.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

dolphins defense is alot better than average.

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Sparano isnt gonna have a job next year

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The question is how he got hired and continues to be a head coach, though. Not whether his team is successful or not.

19. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Is it too late for us to trade Revis straight up for DeAngelo Hall, or would we have to include a mid-round pick?

Wait, better idea... Alphonso Smith had five picks last year to Hall's six, so we could get him at a discount. Revis straight up for Smith.

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

For the record, however, I do think the quote was taken out of context. Before the OP quote, Sparano says "Sean needs to catch the ball," and he's right; it's extremely important for a cornerback to make interceptions when he has the chance. Knocking down the ball AKA "covering well" just isn't enough.

Revis has done that. You throw on Revis, you've got as good a chance of throwing an interception as you do a completion. That's because Revis catches the ball, and that's why nobody throws at him. No quarterback or offensive coordinator is going to avoid a cornerback because they're afraid of incompletions or batted passes.

So, no, I don't think Sparano was taking a veiled shot at Revis. I think he was taking a direct shot at his own player.