Sorry Mike McCarthy

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 6, 2019.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

That funny I chucked my Direct TV subscription also:mad:

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well, that's almost 20 targets in 3 games. 3 games that we ran about 25 plays total.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

While the Jets O-line is horrendous at pass blocking, both Becton and Fant (when they are actually on the field) have performed quite well. The pass blocking woes are entirely on the C and G positions.
    Run blocking, on the other hand, has been better than league average at all positions.

So the real issue isn't that there is no strength on the O-line, it's that strength #1, good pass pro at the T positions is useless if the defense can easily take the shorter route to the QB, up the gut; and #2 solid run blocking is useless when the Jets start every game down two scores.

My point is: The Jets O-line DOES have strengths. They are just useless strengths.

4. Footballgod214

I get 'run behind highway 77!!!', but remember our future hall of fame RB is on IR. And our rookie RB is injured too. That left Gase with 37 yr old Frank Gore to build a run game around. At least wait till guys get back from injury!

5. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

except you are ignoring the fact in two yrs he helped put together this team and is not coached them to their strengths. he helped put together the team last yr and this yr and picked the starters, the roster to a degree is gases fault same as it was in Miami. To say anything less is not looking at all the facts and being very selective. Not only is gase a bad coach but has issues with talent evaluation as well. last yr he he helped picked those starters as well as this yr. Is it the gms fault alone or does the coach who picks who starts the style of play ect.....I am sorry but this is on Gase first of all then you can blame the guy who has not been here in 2 yrs,

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Gase's contribution to 'building the team the last 2 seasons' was bitching about paying for Bell and shipping Lee off the team.

7. rammagen

really then we are not watching the same team. If you dont think gase has a voice in getting the players, playing the players then your post just another excuse for gase who is a bad coach and poor talent evaluator

8. Footballgod214

Gase was pushed aside in his first draft (wasn't even seen in MacCagnan's war room) and for the last draft Gase was in a different state from Joe Douglas (covid). With all the wheeling and dealing JD did, I doubt he had Gase on speed dial to get Gase's permission. Could be wrong of course, but I get the distinct impression JD picked the players HE wanted.

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

For me, I've seen enough - right on the field here. Poor play calling, bad situational football, inability to put players (established ones especially) in positions to best leverage their talents, these are are all terrible....and that is being kind. Sam is going backwards. Players are falling like flies. It is a complete clusterfuck.

For the first time in 30 years, I'm not even watching the start of Jets games, let alone the whole thing. No point when you know the outcome before the kickoff.

10. rammagen

The coach goes to the gm and tells him the type of players he wants and it is the gms job to get those types of players. I can see the first yr with Mac but the after the firing gase has had input. Why else would they be signing and playing Frank Gore? Seriously dude Gase has had input on the players it could be another reason why Anderson was not singed because he does not fit the Gase mold of receivers because he hardly ever throws deep.
    Older but good article on some basic head coaches responsibilities
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1666834-a-detailed-list-of-an-nfl-coachs-responsibility
    from the article
    "Whether a head coach is good at evaluating talent or not, he has to be involved. He at least needs to tell his general manager and owner what he needs and what he's looking for. He has to watch film on a player the team is thinking of signing or drafting.

He has to be involved in the process. It's his job to to make that final call in conjunction with the general manager."

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

perine isn't injured and has been playing and backing up gore

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Holy cr@ptacular football, Batman!!!

WOW Cleveland is up 38-14 @ Dallas right now!!!!

To think that this team is another epic Atlanta Falcons chokejob away from being on their way to 0-4 with a gazillions dollars payroll.

How lucky are they to be playing in possibly the worst division in football this season?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that team has been down big and for long stretches in all of their games?

13. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Now everyone can hop of McCarthy's dick. He was never a good coach he just had Rodgers as his QB

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jonathan_Vilma and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Dallas are very lucky not to be 0-4 and have a load more talent on offense than the Jets so ... yeah

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

And we're still 0-4 with the worse roster in all of football, the laughing stock of the NFL, and Jet fans are mocking Dallas LMAO!!!

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

McCarthy has delivered the top offense in the league right now. They are drastically outperforming Rodgers and GB.

However their defense is an epic suck. Their D is so bad they may not be able to win their utter crap division.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With the OL Dallas has and the weapons they have around Prescott, they should be the top offense in the NFL. How many teams have 3 - #1 quality WRs, and then have an excellent RB and a very good TE as well? Has Dallas' D been this bad in previous seasons? I could be mistaken, but I don't believe they have been. Do they have a lot of defensive players injured or opting out due to Covid, or is their D playing so poorly because of McCarthy's choice for DC?

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Their LBs are raked and second string. They desperately need LBs. They are missing Travon Diggs at corner and their best pass rusher Demarcus Lawrence. Basically they don't have much talent on the field right now.

You know they are going to want Mosley after the season - and I say we try to make that work.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. rammagen

cap hit might be to high I mean we saved that money by not signing anyone to lose it by a trade?