Sorry Mike McCarthy

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 6, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd begin with figuring out how to use my TEs as part of the receiving corps, and I would've damn sure figured out how to better use an ALL Pro RB. Gase's inflexibility and refusal to adopt his "system" to the players he had instead of the players he wished he had is the biggest problem, not injuries, or lack of talent, but by his own making. He needs to be fired already.

rammagen and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

except he help put together this team last yrs team and the fins team for 3 yrs. If there is an issue with talent then he is partly to blame for season of football where he went to the playoff and has been down hill ever since. I always believe you coach to players you have and to their strengths Gase does not really do that. he is 4 games under 500 as a coach with how many double digit loses, so that should say the teams he put together are not competitive as far as injuries that speaks to Gases' practices and work habits along with the rest of the staff.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He is a really bad coach, I know you have tried to absolve him of his play-calling abilities by saying you wouldn't know what to call either but the thing is my friend you are not being paid very well to do so, this utter clown is, his inability to call a passing play over 5 yards and the constant run up the gut is odd enough, with our distinct lack of talent at WR, why has he not turned to our supposed quality pass catching TE's but they have been pretty much unsighted in 3 games so far and when they have had a ball thrown their way they have dropped it, probably due to the shock that they have finally been targeted.

Stats don't really lie, yes, people can bend them to say what they want but when the Jets are sitting bottom or near bottom of every meaningful stat this game can throw at you then you know the coach is just poor.

I also understand that we are very lacking in talent as well but other evidence overwhelms that and in reality, he is a dead man walking as Jets coach right now.

4. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

We didn't "give up" a first round pick, we traded spots. What were we 6th to move up to 3rd? So we had to "give up" 3 second rounders to trade spots. We didn't lose a first round pick (3rd overall, Sam Darnold) in the process, just those 2nd rounders. I get what you're saying though. Sure, the year before if we had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of a safety, all this would be moot.

K'OB likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

THIS!

I hated Mac for passing on two QB prospects to take a damn safety. It was utter stupidity and ego...if he believed that Hack was the future it was stupidity as his coach never saw fit to even put him on the field. If he got that but let his ego get in the way of admitting he whiffed then that’s just as bad, Mac was a horrible GM for ignoring OL and pass rush year after year, but that mistake was the final straw for me. And to think that people gave him credit for drafting an all pro safety is beyond insane. Stupid GM in a long line of stupid GMs that put us in this mess.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. K'OB

Mahomes must breathe a sigh of relief every single day of his life.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We didn't give it up to Indianapolis, but we used it on Sam. If we had taken Mahomes or Watson instead of Adams, we wouldn't have needed to trade up, and we'd have had that 1st round pick and the 3-2nd round picks to use on other players, so in effect, we gave up that pick as part of getting Sam.

8. K'OB

I see what you are trying to say now, it took some straightening out in the old grey matter but yes, I guess you could say from that point of view as we had already drafted a QB the year before we wouldn't have needed to trade the 3 seconds and we would have retained the 6th giving us 4 extra picks and no need to draft a QB(sam) of course, this would mean we wouldn't have Adams and now the three extra picks to come lol

We also might have had the need to still draft a QB after Bowles then Gase ruined a fine a talent in Mahomes.

9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Im sorry, but I still have no clue what the fuck your talking about. Ok, sure, whatever.......if only we drafted Mahomes?! Let's move on from that a sec to the next year.......and my original point.

Of course we gave our 1st to Indy for there 1st ( 1st round swaps, us forfeiting 3 2nds). Did Mac know Cleveland was taking Mayfield and Giants taking Barkley? Probably not. All Mac knew was Indy wasn't talking a QB at 3 (Andrew Luck) but Buffalo(Tyrod Taylor) and Arizona (can't fucking remember) were also in the market for a franchise QB. Mac rolled the dice so he wouldn't get jumped by either to take "best available QB."

All I was mentioning in post earlier.....look what we had to give up for Sam = 3 2nd rounders, while Dallas gave up a shit sandwich(absolutely nothing) and got Dak a million picks after the fact.

#149 Ptflea2, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  10. NCJetsfan

I'll try this one more time. My point was and is that if Mac had taken Mahomes or Watson in 2017, there would have been zero reason to trade up in 2018 to take Sam as we would already have our QB. Mac could have stayed put at #6 and drafted whomever, then had two 2nd picks to use, and then our 2nd round pick in 2018. So the 3-2nd round picks we traded to Indy for the privilege of trading places (moving up to the 3rd pick) in the draft AND our original 1st round pick (#6) that he gave to Indy for the #3 pick that we used on Sam could ALL have been used to fix the OL and surround Mahomes/Watson with better playmakers. There would have been zero reason to take Sam.

Dak isn't all that. He's had one of the best OLs in the NFL and had plenty of playmaking talent around him. How many SBs have they reached, much less won? I had zero interest in Dak Prescott.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's kind of silly. Regardless of situation, Dak is two times the player that Darnold is. He's been to two Pro Bowls (two in his first three years) and has almost tripled his touchdowns to interceptions while sitting at 15 games over .500 in games he's started.

A good situation isn't the only reason a player breeds that sort of success.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

McCarthy sure is lucky the Falcons are the biggest chokers ...

Ever?

Or the Cowboys would be 0-3 right now.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

WHen Herdon was out last year Gase turned Griffen into Gronk.....so I guess Gase CAN adapt to the players he has....no?

14. Footballgod214

How do you coach to the strength of your oline when your oline has none? And to say our roster is Gase's fault is kinda fluky...didn't Gase and MacCagdan clash over players, with MM ignoring Gase? Which lead to Gase throwing him out for JD

15. Footballgod214

Gase DID have TE heavy game plans after all 3 of our WRs got hurt, until our stellar TEs started dropping every pass they didn't fumble...then Gase turned to his 'non-running game. What else was there?

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sure, he CAN. but why does he choose not to? At this point I don't really care, I just want his "genius" ass gone.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

No one would ruin Mahomes. I'm certain of that. He may have been more of a Brett Favre gunslinger and thrown more interceptions, but I'm not even sure of that since his decision making is so good. In college, he threw 93 TD to 29 interceptions. In 2016 (his last year at Texas Tech) he threw 41 TDs to only 10 interceptions. That compares favorably with the years that Rodgers had in 2011 (45 to 6) and 2016 (40 to 7).

18. NCJetsfan

He has no strength on his OL? So I guess people in the NFL have been raving about Becton, and he's the highest rated rookie performer for nothing, huh? Becton has been begging Gase to run behind him, and Gase hasn't.

19. K'OB

Well, it is certainly something nobody can prove or disprove but I bet you one thing, I bet he is damned glad he got called by KC and their HC than many other teams that could have come calling for him.

20. K'OB

He didn't heavily use our TE's

Herndon
    Game 1 6/37 7 targets 1 fumble
    Game 2 1/5 4 targets
    Game 3 3/21 5 targets

Griffin
    Game 1
    Game 2
    Games 3 0 2 targets

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.