Sorry Mike McCarthy

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So both Gase and McCarthy are horrible.

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

No doubt if McCarthy was coach Sam would have been healthy.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Packers are surely missing Mike McCarthy....

CosmicJester likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Green Bay is 6-1 without McCarthy.

Miami is 0-6 wihthout Gase.

Anything the Dolphins touch, turns to shit. That's a fact.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Falco ,any head coach the Jets touch IS SHIT add Gase to the list until he proves me wrong

6. Falco21

My point was the same point I have continued to make.

You CAN NOT use Miami as a measuring test on Gase's ability as a head coach in the NFL, without taking into account the dumpster fire that Miami is. I understand the counter argument that his history is the only way to gauge his ability to coach in this league, but you also can not ignore the absolute MESS they have in Miami. Gase has had issues. Every coach has. But Gase was also handed a horrible hand of cards to begin his tenure here. He showed a great glimpse into his ability to coach an offense with a healthy franchise QB, last week. It needs to continue. That is for sure. And again, I am not sold on Gase as the answer until he has proven he can continue to win with talent.

But Gase is not "shit". Just because you do not like the hire, does not mean he is "shit". And the idea that he is "shit" until proven wrong, is exactly the problem and exactly what infuriates me about this fan base. You have come to the determination that he is "shit" based on a horrible front office in Miami and a plethora of injuries in New York, including his starting QB.

I'll wait until the entire year plays out before calling him "shit" or a "good" head coach.

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FALCO ------> I do not think that GASE is "Shit" because I do not like the hire. If you want to give him a pass about his years in Miami then we must give so many ex Jet Head coaches that same pass because Dolphin fans would call the NY Jets a disaster situation or Dumpster but I stray. I hope and pray that i am wrong about Gase and would be happy to eat crow and many guys can give me grief and I will be Happy should this guy turn into something that I believe he is not. Get everyone back healthy lets see what he can do with Sam and Gase will still punt down by 2 TD's with less then 4 minutes to go in the game. My argument is this guy won with other coaches players ( alla Rex ) in his first year and as he weeded out players and " COACHED " his team the record got worse the next 2 years and I agree that Miami is a Dumpster but I believe Gase was part of that stench and I sadly do not believe he will prove me wrong. Time will tell as tonight we play a very banged up Patriot team at our place with many of our players back = Go get em Adam

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you actually watched Green Bay last year you would know what players quiting on a Head coach actually looks like.

9. Falco21

You continue to prove my point: "get everyone back healthy lets see what he can do with Sam and Gase will still punt down by 2 TD's with less than 4 minutes to go in the game".

How did you come up with this statement? In the same sentence you are claiming that everyone will be back healthy, including Sam, but yet repeat something he did without Sam and without everyone healthy. You are reaching a conclusion prior to the event happening. Hence he is "shit" because you do not like the hire.

You think Gase was part of the "stench" in Miami?

The last 5 years, prior to Gase, Miami had 35 wins and 45 losses. Gase comes in and immediately goes 10-6 in his first year. He takes the Dolphins to the playoffs for the second time in the last 17+ years. The next year, Gase loses his starting QB, Tannehill, with a torn ACL. They had to rely on Jay Cutler as their starter. The following year, Tannehill came back from injury but then injured his shoulder, sidelining him for 6+ weeks. Gase had Brock Osweiler as his starter in his place.

Not to mention the horrendous draft picks, trading away their best RB, Ajayi, trading Landry, cutting Amendola, etc. etc.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase's record in Miami was a mirage. Something like 20 of his 23 wins were one score games. If he had normal luck, his record would have been Bowles-like. And Miami is extra bad this season because they had a fire sale and are trying to tank. Not saying whether Gase will work out here or not, but defending him based on Miami's record doesn't work.

11. Falco21

I'm not defending him based on Miami's record.

I'm simply pointing out that Miami has been a shit-show well before Adam Gase came into the picture. And whether he won by 20 points or 3 points, he took them to the playoffs in his first year for only the second time in over a decade.

Gase has had an abnormal amount of bad luck with QB injuries. It happened to him in Gase with Tannehill and it happened to him for a short time here in New York.

Again, I am reserving judgement until the season plays out with Sam and a healthy roster. Until then, it is just as unfair to label his first year in Miami as the potential as it is to label the first 5 games here as a failure.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Do you believe that Gase had NOTHING to do with those players being traded and or cut or benched in Miami ? What I am saying as simply as I can is this = a leopard does not change its spots , a zebra does not change its stripes a bad coach continues to make the same mistakes over and over without learning from them, he puts his players in position to fail rather than succeed, he punts down 2 scores with less then 4 minutes remains in games / quits. I want every single Jet player back healthy so that guys like you don't give me the injury argument / excuse and I just hope that Sam is not killed in the process playing behind this shoddy o-line. Everyone can wave the pom poms Falco including you that's fine I get it , I will continue to be skeptical not because its what I think or believe or what I want but because its just what and who Gase has been in the past and has shown me thus far. Im more of a show me person as Grandpa said wish in one hand and shit in the other

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

The constant invocation of Gase’s failings as support for McCarthy is perplexing. It’s like saying “Arby’s is gross, therefore I should eat at Wendy’s.” Maybe consider that there are more than two places to eat?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I consider Payton Manning the Gordon Ramsay of NFL QB's. If Gordon Ramsay tells me to eat at Wendy's, I'm giving it a shot.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me ask you guys something = While the QB whisperer / Gase was coaching him how many 300 yard games did Tannehill have while with Miami ?????? I believe the answer is no more than 3 times but could be wrong --> Tanehill threw for 300 yesterday against the Chargers.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

LOL the guy was practically begging for the Jet job and they turned him down for a stiff, although to be fair the Packers' 180 degree turnaround this year doesn't reflect well on McCarthy either.

Still I'm worried the Mets are gonna pull the same shit with Joe Girardi, he's practically begging for the job and they'll hire a stiff too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how lost our young QB will look after 10 more games under the QB whisperer ?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Remember that one time in the 2000s when a SB winning HC actually wanted to coach us?

Glad we didn't fall for it. Our HC is setting records.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Jets are 4-8 with Gase, but we have plenty of excuses

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

F-that.....just let the players coach themselves.