Sorry Mike McCarthy

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 6, 2019.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And in 2016 the Cowboys were the number 1 seed in the NFC playoffs - except they lost to the Mike McCarthy coached Packers.

You want an indictment on coaching look at Gase.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Mike's brilliant 2nd half adjustments lead to an 18 point 4th quarter by Dallas to tie it up. Rodgers got the ball back with 35 seconds on the clock and drove the ball into fg range with 2 completed passes on complete freelance plays. I can assure you Mike McCarthy had almost nothing to do with that win. That was all Rodgers.

NCJetsfan and CosmicJester like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

So the whole game was one FG? You give the guy credit for losses and no credit for wins. That is simply a bias. Everyone knows Aaron Rodgers hated Mike McCarthy. That did not make McCarthy a bad coach.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If the QB who carried the Packers hated the HC, why do you want that HC developing Sam?
    Remember Alex Smith. When Mike was the OC in his rookie year 50.9% 1 TD 11 INT's and a QB rating of 40 in 7 game starts. Luke Falk has a QB rating of 64.

CosmicJester likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rodgers has kind of become a diva. The McCarthy dispute was never about play calling or developing a QB. It was about Rodgers wanting to be happy and not liking discipline. I don't think Sam has that issue.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

They squeaked out a game with a miracle pass with Aaron Rodgers at his best. The Packers dominated yesterday on offense and defense from start to finish.

Good try making the comparison, it fails the test though.

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Also Mike McCarthy outside of 2010/2011 could never get his team to the top, despite having Aaron Rodger
    Outside of 2010/2011, Mike McCarthys Packers were never great. The only thing that made them good, was Aaron Rodgers. Just look at the playoff losses they endured, perhaps people should rewatch the NFC Championship against Atlanta or Seattle, brutal losses, or those games against San Fransisco and the Giants.

CosmicJester likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Come coach the JETS!!! Home of the team that refuses to draft Offensive Lineman and fires their HC after 3 games!!!

that should get it done

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

At this point 4 first downs would be a dream come true...

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In my book it does. I trust what certain HOF QB like Rodgers thinks over a dull, conservative, uninspiring HC like McCarthy thinks/says.

CosmicJester likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Sorry, but that's absolute nonsense imo. I couldn't possibly disagree more. It's totally about boring, predictable, lousy play calling and a conservative offense that is outdated.

Do you mean to tell me that if YOU were a HOF QB who has only made it to one SB because of the conservative, outdated offense, bad play calling and lousy job that your HC is doing that you're not going to complain? And his complaining makes him a "diva?" Please. He has every right to complain. He has carried that team for years and taken a beating. He deserved better than McCarthy. I'm amazed that it took him so long to complain. Ask Packer fans about McCarthy. They'll tell you that you're dead wrong.

Biggs likes this.
  12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Because the Johnsons are control freaks. If their tenure as owners has proven anything, its that they'd rather keep control and lose than give control to someone who knows what they are doing and win.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Every Packers fan I know was super glad to be rid of McCarthy. Fucking awful.

CosmicJester and NYJalltheway like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Ask Dolphin fans about Gase.

Okay so Rodgers bitched about McCarthy and got him fired. The entire Dolphin team quit on Gase. He lost the locker room at the end of both his last two seasons - and the players now admit that happened. 90% of his players didn't respect him.

Lets look at Gase's legacy in Miami. After being fired Miami had to burn everything down and start from scratch. That is a great legacy.

People arguing Gase was a smarter hire than McCarthy are drinking funny cool aid and ignoring the actual history of these two.

BacktoQueens and CBG like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I'm sure that Rodgers wasn't the only one bitching about McCarthy. I know many of their fans were, and I believe that the FO of the Packers was unhappy with McCarthy as well. The very way you state that betrays your biased perspective.

I'm not arguing that Gase was a smarter hire than McCarthy. I've never said anything even remotely close to that. I didn't want either one of them (Gase or McCarthy) as the Jets HC. [Once both the Harbaughs were no longer a possibility, I settled on Todd Monken or Matt LaFleur as my choices for HC.]

Secondly, as adjustments to the offense, blocking scheme, and improvement in the OL play have been too slow in coming, and when combined with many Jets fans and Dolphins fans coming on here and saying that he's exactly the same here as in Miami, it's causing me to come around to the point that Gase should probably be fired. I was never closed to that idea anyway, just thought that with Sam out and all the injuries/suspensions, it was too early, and that we should wait until they got back and see how the team played. If I don't see some significant improvement and wins by game 10, I'll want Gase fired by the end of the season.

For me, it's all about Sam and the future. I could care less what our record is this season. As far as I was concerned, this season was about developing Sam and determining if he is a FQB and our QB of the future. It was also about developing other younger players and determining who was worth keeping and who needed to go. I don't want Sam having to learn a new offense during the season, and then turn around next offseason and have to learn yet another new offense. That's why even if I determine by game #10 that Gase should go, I don't want him fired until the end of the season or late in the season, and then Cooter or whomever takes over the offense be on strict orders from Douglas, Williams or whomever becomes the interim HC that the basic offense not be changed. They can add routes that go past the 1st down markers and improve the blocking scheme and play calling. I just don't want to stunt Sam's growth by forcing him to have to learn a new offense in the middle of the season.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The situation grew stale ...Thats what happens after 10 years....Nothing lasts forever in the NFL..

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Thank you.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Then why hasn't Bill Belly grown stale?

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That’s like arguing, after Andy Reid’s last few years in Philly, that he was a bad coach based solely on the 8-8 then 4-12 records of those last two seasons.

or, perhaps, good coaches simply have bad seasons.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GreenDay let me try and fix this for you = " Every Dolphin fan that I know was super glad to be rid of Gase Fucking awful and they were even more excited /happy when the Jets hired Gase "

ouchy and JetBlue like this.