Sorry Mike McCarthy

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 6, 2019.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is the worst Jets team i have seen in a very long time....Adam Gase has got to go this is just terrible

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I watched the 2nd quarter, started falling asleep. Changed to Juventus vs. Inter at half time, way better game. This team can't even at least make some sort of entertainment out their losing... there's nothing redeeming about this team at all.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

At this point, last seasons 4 wins would be a dream come true this year.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It was April the 41st, being a quadruple leap year. I was driving in downtown Atlantis. My barracuda was in the shop, so I was in a rented stingray, and it was overheating.

I pulled into a Shell Station and they said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Fix the damn thing, and leave my private life out of it, OK, pal?" While they were doing that, I walked over to a place called the Oyster Bar. A real dive, but I knew the owner. He used to play for the Dolphins. I said "Hi, Gil!" You have to yell, he's hard of herring.

Gil was also down on his luck. Fact is, he was barely keeping his head below water. I bellied up to the sandbar. He poured me the usual. Rusty Snail, hold the grunion, shaken not stirred, a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich on the side, heavy on the mako. I slipped him a fin, on porpoise.

I was feeling good. I even dropped a sand dollar in the box for Jerry's squids just for the halibut. Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were all there to listen to the big band sounds of Tommy Dorsal. What sole!

Tommy was rockin' the place with a very popular tuna, 'Salmon Chanted Evening', and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers, probably there to see the bass player.

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she was giving me the eye, so I figured this is my chance! You know, a piece of Pisces! But she said things I just couldn't fathom . . . She was too deep, seemed to be under a lot of pressure.

Boy, could she drink! She drank like a . . . she drank a lot. I said, "What's your sign?" She said, "Aquarium." I said, "Great! Let's Get Tanked!"

Think I had a wet dream, cruisin' through the Gulf Stream. I invited her to my place for a midnight bait. I said, "Come on baby, it'll only take a few minnows." She threw me that same old line, "Not tonight, I gotta haddock."

And she wasn't kidding, either, 'cause in came the biggest, meanest looking haddock I'd ever seen come down the pike. He was covered with mussels.

He came over to me and said, "Listen, shrimp, don't you come trollin' around here!" What a crab! This guy was steamed, and I could see the anchor in his eyes. I turned to him and said, "Abalone! You're just being shellfish!" Well, I knew it was going to be trouble, and so did Gil, because he was already on the phone to the cods.

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch, I catch him with a left hook, he eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck, flat as a mackerel . . . kelpless. I said, "Forget the cods, Gil, this guy's gonna need a sturgeon!"

Well, the yellowtail was impressed with the way I landed her boyfriend. She came over to me and she said, "Hey, big boy, you're really a game fish. What's your name?" I said, "Marlin."

I think I had a wet dream, cruisin' throoughugh the Gulf Stream. Well, from then on we had a whale of a time. I took her to dinner, I took her to dance, I bought her a bouquet of flounders. I went home with her, and what did I get for my trouble? A case of the clams!

I think I had a wet dream, cruisin' through the Gulf Stream . . .

EDIT: Sorry. I thought this was the fishing thread. :/

#24 jetophile, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Footballgod214 and xfinfan86x like this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hell no. McCarthy was only successful because of Rodgers. He wasn't that good of a coach.

CosmicJester likes this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agree with the bolded sentence. That is what they need. Fire Gase after the season (not now--let him coach out the season as that insures best draft choice position for the jets). Then fire Gase and let Phillips pick his own head coach and give Phillips total control. The Ringling brothers, I mean the Johnson brothers, have shown they have no idea how to pick an NFL caliber coach. Let the new Gm try--what the hell have the Jets got to lose????????

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe. But he's certainly not this bad of a coach.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

McCarthy is respected around the league Gase isnt...Players dont want to play for Gase he is a joke to everyone but Peyton Manning.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Who do you have in mind that would be better than McCarthy (assuming he would even want the job now)? I'm not against the idea of allowing Douglas to have the freedom to pick his guy, but:

A. I don't know if anyone better than McCarthy will be available.
    B. I don't know if I can stomach watching Gase run this team into the cesspool.

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Who is "we"? I thought McCarthy was a strong hire and wanted nothing to do with Gase. I refuse to be lumped in with the morons who own this team.

Cman68 and truthbtold like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem is that McCarthy would want total control over the roster, and that isn't gonna fly with Douglas. I'd rather have Douglas than McCarthy.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I liked McCarthy when the jets were looking for their 2019 coach

Ralebird likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Actually we don't know that. We MIGHT know that he wanted control with Macc being GM, but with someone like Douglas maybe not.

Cman68 and Ralebird like this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

With someone like Douglas, when did he became the poster boy for GMs? I haven't seen one move he's made so far that's been any good for the organization, people will be begging for him to be fired after next years draft.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I suppose that you're right, he could be ok with Douglas. If you were McCarthy, would you take the Jets job if it were offered to you now? I don't think that I would.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Screw McCarthy, he’s not the one either. No idea where you guys are getting that he’s well respected throughout the league. He’s been completely thrashed from his former team which literally kept him from getting a job this past hiring cycle.

It’s not looking good for Gase but I certainly don’t want McCarthy if the time comes that the Jets are looking for another HC soon.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I find it ironic that people hating on Gase like to point out how horrible he has been since his tenure in Miami but at the same time ignore that McCarthy was 11 and 16 his final two years with Aaron Rodgers.

JohnnyP123456 and CosmicJester like this.
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

And look how much better the Packers look without Mccarthy now, they went into Dallas and not only won, but completely dominated on both sides of the ball.

This is an indictment on McCarthys inability to coach.

NCJetsfan and CosmicJester like this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agree completely.

And I will be the first to admit that I wanted McCarthy bad when we were searching for a Head Coach. But claiming that McCarthy would have been a better solution is ridiculous. And still begs the question as to why people keep pointing to Gase's history with Miami but blatantly ignoring McCarthy's recent history with Aaron Fuckin Rodgers?

20. ColoradoContrails

No, McCarthy isn't the greatest coach that ever lived, but he's better than Gase, and in theory, available right now.

Those now wanting McCarthy, who DO you want, is he available, or do you believe he will be (and will want the job)?

#40 ColoradoContrails, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019