Soon to be Champs !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Only the Yankees intrigue the rest of the nation. Only New Yorkers care about all the other teams. As for Tanny, he put all his chips in for this past year and the bet didn't pay off. FA losses, last years worthless draft and this years lack of picks are going to hurt the Jets.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You forgot to preface your post with 'NOT TROLLING'.

Fag.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

well, the Steelers are overrated in a way because people hype them as if they will dominate 4Qs on defense but throughout the playoffs, they were a bit off. Both the Ravens and JETS shot themselves in the foot and Troy P, though highly praised, wasnt doing much and again got exposed when you the offense spreads out.

#63 mute, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't mean from a media/profile standpoint, I'm talking about hosting playoff games and reaching the latter rounds of the playoffs. People have this notion that it's rare and hard to get back there--it can be and it is for a lot of teams, but I'm saying if you develop an elite program you can make a run of getting there year after year. History bears that out, the New England, Indy, Pittsburgh examples from this decade, if you want to go back to teams like Buffalo, Dallas or SF in the past you'll find the same thing. The Jets are trying to develop into one of those teams, with New England in our division they've had to do it almost all on the road, ten straight games or whatever, the next step is to pass them in the AFC East and start getting games in our place. Then you're talking about a bye and one home game to reach the AFC Championship game, a lot easier than going on the road to beat two division champs just to get that far.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The Pack had zero problem in coming from the #6 seed to being SB Champs. Are you saying the NYJs are not good enough to do what the Pack did? :jets:

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Hmmmm so we were all imagining the national coverage of the Jets this year? As for Tanny, you have no idea what you are talking about if you think all of his chips were in for this year. I would explain it but most here already understand that the Jets were built to compete for a long time.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I love that:

NOT TROLLING but *insert condescending bullshit*

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

We're probably going to have to get the 6-seed again next year. New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and San Diego are all probably locks for their divisions (as always). Then it'll probably be between us, Baltimore, and Houston for the wild cards.

9. Italian Seafood

No, because the Jets were one possession away from doing the exact same thing. I'm saying the formula to getting deep in the playoffs on a regular basis is being one of the teams that can get ahold of their division and play playoff games at home. We've set an NFL record of ten straight playoff games on the road, which makes it harder to get where we want to go. The last two years, if we had to play two playoff games instead of three, we'd have been in the Super Bowl. The problem is still having New England in our division, it's been that way since the Herm/Chad years and it still is. We need to get past them to make life easier in the playoffs.

10. championjets69

Coulda, woulda, shoulda do not count nor do they get you the VLT. Results is all that matters just ask the Packers since they just did accomplished what we could not. You also realize that this year BOTH #1 seeds were knocked out of the dance by the 6th seed so that makes you think just really how important the #1 seed is. Finally I do not think we have a over whelming winning record @ the NMS :jets:

11. Italian Seafood

Master of the obvious is back for another season. :beer:

Look at who has gone to the Super Bowl from the AFC the past ten years--New England 4x, Indy 2x, Pittsburgh 3x--and where have the majority of the AFC Championship games and division round games been played? Foxboro, Indy and Pittsburgh. We're not in the NFC, champ, teams like Green Bay and the 2007 Giants likely don't get through the AFC with three road games, either.

To your other point, if we were better at home we might be at home in the playoffs, food for thought. Our coach and QB will be going into their third year, second in their new home. There's your next step right there, we know we can win on the road pretty much anywhere.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Why do you guys even bother debating with Champ? He's been a fan longer than most people on this site have been alive so naturally as far as he's concerned it's SB or bust for him. You're never gonna sway his opinion.

13. Italian Seafood

I figure if he keeps asking me questions he's bound to learn something eventually.

14. ukilledkenny

Anyone with a father who raised them a Jets fan knows someone who has been a fan longer than they have been alive. I know that doesn't stop my dad from actually discussing football with me.

15. championjets69

That is excellent advice you are dishing out right there

16. championjets69

Ur father must use the US Army approach on U KISS

17. championjets69

I highly doubt that you can make me any wiser when it comes to the NYJs since IMHO your FB knowledge is quite near the bottom of a rotten apple barrel :up:

#77 championjets69, Feb 8, 2011
  18. Italian Seafood

[​IMG]

19. championjets69

So what does all that gobbly guck you posted mean besides totally NOTHING since at this moment & for the last 42 years the NYJs have NOT been World Champions of NOTHING. OBTW unless Rexy gets smart when it comes to our DLine we again next year will also be also rans again sorry to say since we do not have the correct people to RTP

20. ukilledkenny

My father taught me how to use sentences.

#80 ukilledkenny, Feb 8, 2011