Soon to be Champs !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Feb 6, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Ben did not suck against the Jets. I thought you knew football better than this.

2. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I'm not really questioning your loyalty because you seem to be a long time fan, but sometimes it seems like you enjoy it when we lose.

3. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

He came through big when it mattered, but it's not like he had a huge game.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

For once players actually want to come here. Not that we will get a discount but with the money being equal we have a shot to replace what we loose with quality players who want to be here.

Have a little faith, our FO and coaching staff have done a decent job and should be able to continue to do so.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I know, I'm still pissed about the loss.

He was clutch, but I am happy to say we held Ben to the worst QB rating he had all year. By far.

I can still make emotional posts, I really think we should've been playing last night.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

wiki fail

Jets lose in 47 and win in 48

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He went "missing" when we were winning in the playoffs.

8. DarkDays

DarkDays New Member

I loved watching worthlessburger fail fuck the steelers and their front running fake ass fans fuck the steelers

9. grayburn

grayburn Member

Rex is selling championship and I will gladly buy into that. We've got just as good of a shot as anybody else in the league and a damn better one than most.

10. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Can we not win 46, 47 and 48?

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Fwiw, at least the team in the GREEN jerseys won!

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm still pretty upset from 2 weeks ago. It's just so hard to get back to this point every year.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It's actually not as bad as I thought ... we're 15-1 with the Giants and Eagles.
    But, six teams have better odds than we do, so that puts us in the top 9.
    I think we'd be the best value on the board at 18-1, and still a great bet at 15-1.

We have Top 4 or 5 talent on this team, but apparently the rest of the country hasn't realized it yet.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

When you look at recent AFC history it isn't hard if you're a good team. Pittsburgh, Indy and New England are always in the mix, always hosting playoff games in the later rounds, year after year. We need to supplant New England and become one of those teams, we're off to a good start with Rex and Sanchez, we need to continue, pass the Pats and take that next step into that category.

15. N.O jets fan

N.O jets fan New Member

Well in that case we could say that the Steelers are lucky the Jets didn't get the ball back 2 minutes before the end of the 4th quarter.......... just saying. Lol.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I completely agree! Guys like Revis, Harris, D'Brick, Sanchez, and Mangold were terrible pick. Holmes, Braylon, Cro? Pffffft! Fire Tanny!!!!!1!!1!11!!! He sucks at drafting!!!

The Jets have been in the mix more than not since Parcells took over in 1997. The Jets are 7-14 playoffs appearances and the Favre signing, although a collapse, put the Jets in the media microscope, especially when we beat NE & the undefeated Titans, back to back. No playoffs but a franchise record 7 pro-bowlers. That was a huge spotlight for this team. Now Rex, HK and 2 consecutive AFCCG appearances has this team on a national spotlight rise.

A Superbowl appearance would put us over the top. Besides, we are still in the NY market and NYC still intreagues most of the coutry, even if the Stadium is in NJ.

17. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

That's not what I said, dude. RIF, man, RIF.

Get real, dude. Ozzie Newsome is acknowledged as the best talent evaluator in the NFL. His drafts have been consistently excellent. So have the Steelers under Kevin Colbert, and so are the Packers under Ted Thompson.

You wanna talk about depth?? Look at all the players that GB had on IR, and last night, they lost even more, and they had players that could step up and fill the gaps and still win. Look at the Steelers' OL. That was considered to be a weak point even prior to the season, and over the last month, they lost 2-3 starters on the OL to injuries. I thought GB should have been able to get serious pressure on Roethlisberger consistently last night, yet those backups stepped right in and got the job done, and Roethlisberger was sacked only once, and didn't get hit or pressured that much at all. Most of the time he had what seemed like days to find an open receiver. Do you seriously think the Jets have that kind of depth? I don't.

Tanny is the best GM the Jets have ever had by far, but then being honest, that's not saying a whole lot. He has added a lot of great talent to the team, both through the draft and FA and I give him all the credit in the world for that. He's done a very good job, but he's not in the class of Newsome, Thompson, and Kevin Colbert (Steelers), at least not yet.

As far as I'm concerned his big problem and the big thing that is keeping him out of their class is that he tends to "fall in love" with a player and then trade up to get him. Yes, he adds a good or great player to the team, but overpays in the process. Perhaps another player at the same position taken in a lower round, could be just as effective, and the players the Jets could have taken with those other picks could have developed and be solid contributors, too. The only exception is Revis. That is the lone trade up that was worth the cost. For all the others, the Jets could have very well been much better off keeping those picks, and taking the BAP at their normal spot, or possibly even trading down and getting an additional pick or picks. The Jets have had too many 3-4 player drafts. Yes, in those drafts, he has gotten some excellent players, but it has hurt the team in other ways such as depth and addressing other positions. This in turn has caused him to have to sign (rent) older, more expensive FAs for a year or two, which then can cause cap problems, as well as roster problems.

How many times has he found gems in the lower rounds of the draft? But then, it's hard to find gems in picks one doesn't have.

Then there's last year's draft. Yes, it's still too early to give up on any of those players, but the Jets were in a position and their stated goal was to make the SB, their picks (especially the top 2 needed to be for players who could step in an contribute IMMEDIATELY, or by one quarter to one third of the way into the season. They knew rushing the passer was a big need and aside from signing Jason Taylor, did absolutely nothing to address that need.

When your stated goal is the SB, you certainly don't take a project in the
    2nd round and then let it be known that you were planning on taking him in the first round if Kyle Wilson hadn't dropped into their laps. You don't trade up for a FB when it is one of the least important positions in football, and you already have an excellent veteran on the team as well as a young FB on the roster that you're very high on.

In addition, FBs can always be found or manufactured, using a LBer or backup OL. Conner looks like he could develop into a very good FB, but then he basically disappeared from the offense in the latter part of the season. Unless he had some injury I never heard of, his playing time should have increased, not decreased, if he's as good as advertised.

Thus, Tanny had done some excellent things, but he has also shown some disturbing tendencies and mistakes. He's a smart man, and hopefully he can/will correct those mistakes/tendencies. Maybe this will be the draft where he gets value for a "need" pick...where he actually trades down, gets a player that can help the team, and with the additional pick is able to get yet another player that can help the team, rather than giving up picks to move up to get some kid he fell in love with.

#57 joeklecko, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Packers didn't copy shit from the Jets. The Packers actually have the personnel to rush the passer. The Jets don't.

I know it makes you feel better to think that the Jets somehow gave the Steelers the 'key' to winning the Super Bowl, but the fact is that the Packers are a team constructed in a superior manner to the Jets. They've built depth on their team so well that they could have half of their players on IR, half of their secondary injured in the Super Bowl, and still win. Mike Tannenbaum could learn a lot from Green Bay. But he won't. He has too much of an affinity for trading away draft picks.

And they have great coaching. Much better coaching on the offensive side of the ball than we can hope to have. They got the Steelers on their heels early and didn't take their foot off the gas, unlike the Ravens did in the WC.

The better team won on Sunday, and it had little to do with the Jets.

#58 abyzmul, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Their defensive scheme was very close to ours in the second half. I agree the offensive coaching is much better than ours.

The blitz packages sent were to contain Ben with man on the outside and zone over the middle. That's the scheme I was referring to.

It's a copycat league and we exposed some things in that second half. It has nothing to do with shit making me feel better. I didn't say the whole gameplan was copied just some particular schemes. GB has the talent to do what we did plus a valid pass rush which was the major difference.

20. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

NOT TROLLING, what the rest of the country knows, that most Jet's fans don't, is that Sanchez is an average QB. Not saying he can't move up, but right now he is average. With that D, OL, and WR talent, the Jets should have 2 division titles and at least one visit to the SB.