Something to Consider

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bills over Jets, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

When Gailey and Fitz were with Buffalo, one of the constant discussions was why Gailey's offenses struggled against 3-4 defenses. We just could not win and could not move the ball, even when we were playing well. You know the story, Gailey was eventually fired and Fitz cut, but the problem was never solved.

I haven't followed the Jets as well as you Jet fans, so I pose this question as something to think about because I noticed most of your losses were against 3-4 teams (Bills, Bills, Eagles, Texans). Not sure if the Pats are a 3-4 or not. I guess they are multiple. But did your offense struggle against 3-4 teams this year?

As most of you know, I am a big supporter of Gailey, but he may have an issue against these defenses. I know he did in Buffalo, at least.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  2. Bills over Jets

You guys really make a lot of new threads after games. Bump.

3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Probably a valid point however, missing Powell hurt. He missed some of these games as well....

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Didn't even notice this but you're probably onto something. We were pathetic against these teams when we should have beat them. If we won any of those games against Philly, Houston, or when Buffalo handed the game to us earlier this year, we wouldn't have had to face the disappointment that was this game today.

Our defense still choked against these teams though. Wasn't entirely on the offense.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Fitzpatricks int where no Jets player was within 30 yards of the ball has to do with a 3-4 defense?Quigleys shanked 20 yard punt that lead to a TD has something to do with the 3-4 defense?Kendrel Tompkins drop that would have been a td was because the Bills play a base 3-4 ?

6. Bills over Jets

I'm asking Jets fans whether Gailey's offense has struggled against 3-4 defenses this year. I have no idea why you would bring up your defense and special teams, as that has nothing to do with my question.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Don't know or care,Fitz looked awful today and was the main reason we lost 3-4 46 43 4-4 wouldn't have mattered

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Get out..

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

It's cathartic.

10. Bills over Jets

Isn't it possible he and Gailey struggled because their receivers were covered? Or there was pressure in his face constantly? Because that (play calls, protection schemes etc.) could all be products of going against a certain style of defense that Fitz and Gailey struggled with in the past.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is like the Bildo Fan dream season.

Yeah, no playoffs, but they're used to that. Something to brag about, though.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Which Thompkins drop? The one where it was underthtown or the one where he got hit by the DB and even if he dove for he wouldn't have caught?