Something to consider for Jets West

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

I was thinking about this in terms of Scotty McKnight, but Sanchez very well could reach out to Powell and Kerley as well.

Teams aren't allowed contact with their new draftees. That means no playbook. There's nothing to prevent players from having contact with each other. Our only player organized team activities (that I know of) are the two passing camps being run by Sanchez. Drafting 2 receivers and a RB, especially a WR who lives 10 minutes from Mission Viejo High School and is friends with the QB, means those three very well could get some experience with our QB while most draft picks are sitting around clueless about the future.

Why draft McKnight instead of possibly taking him as a UDFA? Looks awfully suspicious if a UDFA is attending a team activity.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Add McElroy to the list of potential players he could reach out to.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I was thinking along these lines as well. Hopefully he'll be inviting McElroy out there as well. It would be a boone for the team if Sanchez can get all of the offensive rookies around for Jets West.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Completely agree with this.

5. ........

........ Trolls

I've been looking around, but I can't find mention of another QB organizing a passing camp. Anyone know of any? I can't help but think Tanny and Rex anticipated what their QB would do. Unspoken bond right there.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I would love to see all the offensive rooks out there. I would think McElroy will talk with Sanchez here soon. Sanchez watched the draft at Scotty's house, so he had to know we took a QB. I also want Powell and Kerley out there ASAP. they are going to get so little time to work given the stupid lockout that any extra time they can get with their QB is going to be paramount

7. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

If the coaching staff was smart, they gave Sanchez about 5 backup playbooks....you know, just in case he kept "misplacing" them.

8. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

That's exactly the kind of thing Rex would do. You know this lockout is killing him.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think Colt McCoy set something up for the Browns

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I don't see how the NFL can truly stop teams from sneaking playbooks and notes to players. I am sure a good majority of playbooks got out during the short opening in the lockout last week.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

They did, as reported on nfl.com

12. nixhead

nixhead Banned

As i said in an earlier post by the time this season starts Scotty McKnight might be a starter for the Jets. He might be the only reciever that is in sync with the Sanchise. I'm sure Cotchery would fly out there as he is under contract but not so sure about Edwards or Holmes.

13. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

I'll bet he knows where the nearest Kinkos is

#13 jetsmetsfan, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  14. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

who are we kidding. Rex had play books pre packaged waiting for a break in the lock out. the minute it broke fedex was at the door

15. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Sorry but I can't really believe that the teams are really not giving playbooks to anybody... for years people has illegaly dealing drugs, I'm sure some millionaires can find a way to deal playbooks.

Once said that, Jets West is gonna be a lot more important this year and hopefully the 4 offensive rookies are there. It's not the same to read a playbook than actually practice it.

16. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Haha yeah if there was ever a year where somebody's playbook ends up on the internet (like the Ravens) this would be it.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the only hang up on this idea is the agents telling them not to do anything to risk injury because it could jeopardize a contract

18. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Copy machine :beer:

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm guessing McKnight will be taking the same risk as Edwards and go to Jets West.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

a multi millionaire vs a freshly drafted 7th round pick are not taking the same risks.
    i hope they do go i am just playing the devils advocate here