Solution for Offensive Troubles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Nov 7, 2010.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez on Hard Knocks calling plays:

"This is so easy, you suck Schotty"

*cough*

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think that Schittenheimer has to realize teams are jumping these predictable 5 yard slant routes and install some double moves for the receivers. With defenses inching up to stop the run and jump these short routes, the potential for big plays is there..

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This, and I don't mind seeing Sanchez go deep a lot more often if teams are going to stack the box. If it means more bombs to Braylon good. If he throws an int that the other team catches a their 20, who cares that's as good as a punt.

I couldn't believe how much the CB's were looking for those short slants last week, it was like they were in the Jets huddle. It was great that Sanchez/Shotty finally made them pay with the bomb.

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

the solution is to adjust to the defense

lions kept stacking the box on first down because they knew there was no threat of a pass

also the communication needs to improve, 4-5 times sanchez threw a ball and the reciever never turned around or he stopped his route as the ball was coming

its all fixable but these have been problems going on for awhile already

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So the actual question here is how do you you beat a defense who is stacking the box with 8 or 9 guys?

Well it quite simple really, you pass.

The dilemma really is, and Rex hit on it in his post game presser, is that Sanchez wants to run more two minute drills, but the HC wants to be a ground and pound team.

Now Sanchez looked fairly comfortable running the two-minute. I say have Schotty and Sanchez lineup a two-minute offense early in the game to throw a monkey wrench into the opposing team defensive game plan and see where it goes from there. If successful, that sure should open up running lanes later in the ballgame.

6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

teams are not all of a sudden stacking the box, they have been doing the same thing all year ... that does not explain the change in offensive production weve seen from before the bye to after the bye

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Maybe Sanchez was so successful on that last drive because the Lions were letting the Jets make short completions to trade clock for yards?

That's really the only thing I can come up with to defend not using the hurry up more often. Sanchez was looking pretty good in that offense, and it would be great to see them open up with it next week like you suggest.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I thought in the beginning of the season LT would get the majority of the touches, but as the season progrssed Greene would slowly get more and more per game. It would keep him fresh all year and primed for a potential playoff run.

This can start happening any week now...