Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hahaha.

byz,

These guys are soccer legends in case you don't know who they are. :)

2. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

There the same people

3. Brook!

Mauricio Pochettino becomes the new USMNT manager, leading the US to World Cup 2026.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is he good?

5. Brook!

The best USA could hire. He made a name for himself in England with Tottenham. He brought them to elite level and even brought them to Champions League final. Then high spending Paris Saint Germain (PSG) owned by rich Qatar owners offered him tons of money and brought him to France. He won the French league but was fired since he didn't win Champions League with Messi and Neymar. He then went to Chelsea but Chelsea is like a dumpster house and couldn't succeed. He has experience with working young players. He was the coach of Argentinian Under 21 team at some point if I remember correctly.

I wanted Tuchel to be honest but apparently it didn't happen. So he was my second choice. He has 2 years and I think he will at least take USA to Quarter Final. Very excited with this hire to be honest.

sozopol and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

As a Tottenham fan with fond memories of the Poch era, I couldn’t be happier! International football is very different from club football, less technical, less tactical, so we’ll see how he adapts. But his Tottenham teams (and Southampton and Espanyol prior to that) were young, physical, high-pressing, ball-hogging teams that no one wanted to play. I could see that working for this US squad.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Well said. US team is full of great athletes. They need a good teacher that will teach them play together. High-pressing USA team will be very dangerous.

sozopol likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like the sounds of that, we could physically bully some of these more skilled European teams

sozopol likes this.
  9. Brook!

And BN. I never understood why they didn’t do it for years. American athletes are some of the most physically fit soccer players in Europe. But they need a good soccer mind to fit them into a nice mold. Good years ahead for USA soccer. Time to dominate!