Soccer... Premier League, La Liga, Champions League and more

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Who the fuck are Randers FC

@Brook! :p

edit I jinxed them for you lol

#321 K'OB, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

They are the league leaders in Denmark.

Google Baris Alper Yilmaz

That young fucker will be the star of Turkish futbol in no time.

CIMBOM KUPA YAKISIR SANA!

sozopol and K'OB like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I know who they are but they are shite really lol, Gala one time champs league contestants :p

I will check out the young stud

4. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Ronaldo handy sub for united

Leicester Jet, Brook! and sozopol like this.
  5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Will he take pens from Bruno? My fantasy team needs to know!

Satan and Brook! like this.
  6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Fergie time once again

7. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Those quiet dutch

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That Ted Lasso show got me into Premier League for the first time. I have to say I am really enjoying it so far, even though I dont know shit about soccer. I picked "Crystal Palace" because thats where the show is filmed and their jerseys look similar haha. I am watching them now, hoping I didnt just pick another miserable team like the Jets

Brook! likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

When a team loses a guy for the rest of the game they are pretty fucked huh? like power play in hockey but for a lot more than 2 minutes

I also have another soccer question if any of you experts care to answer: In today's Crystal Palace game Arsenal was really putting on the pressure in the extra time. CP had a defensemen in net with the goalie and they swatted it out but Arsenal guy booted the rebound in.

How come they only had one defensemen in goal with the goalie? is that a rule? they shoulda had like 4 or 5 :)

#329 BrowningNagle, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

You did pick another miserable team unfortunately. Come become a Galatasaray fan. Glory will always be with you.

It isn't a rule but think of it like basketball. Man to man coverage. 5 guys on the line means 5 free guys who can shoot. Some of those can shoot pretty good so putting 5 guys on the line isn't done.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

ok I will try to root for the Galaxy team :)

thanks for the info

Brook! likes this.
  12. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Two peoples separated by a common language.:)

Between this post and Browning's, I barely recognise the game I've played since I could walk!

13. BrowningNagle

A tie is like basically a loss right? Crystal Palace tied Arsenal and both teams seemed pretty pissed afterwards. CP has more ties than anyone in the league and they are almost in last place

---

sorry if I'm ruining your soccer thread with dumbass questions.

As a long suffering Crystal Palace fan, I just cant decide if I should be pissed or happy with yesterday's 2-2 outcome, please help me decide

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It depends. It's not a loss as each side gets one point. That can be a good result and it can be a bad one too. If you are a struggling side, let's say CP, and draw at Chelsea, then you'd be really happy with the point. You wouldn't really expect anything other than a loss so a point is a good result. The opposite would be true for Chelsea. If however you drew at home to, say, Norwich, then you'd probably be less happy as one of your best chances to win has been blown. And it's not quite as simple as that even when you take performance into account. If you've played like shit and managed to scrape a draw then sometimes you have to feel relieved at getting a point when you haven't really played well enough to deserve it. Against Arsenal normally you'd be happy with the draw, but they aren't great currently so you could be a bit disappointed with it this season.

If you've picked Palace to alleviate the general misery of being a Jets fan then you've definitely picked the wrong team!

15. BrowningNagle

Thank you for your answers!

So who should I root for? I will root for Brook's team in Turkey but I also want a premier league team. If Palace is in fact their version of the Jets then I don't want them, the beauty of coming to fandom later in life is that I can avoid a miserable fate like being a Jets fan! And its not too late right now, thank goodness. I also don't want to be a "Chiefs fan" though by picking the best team just for frontrunning sake. Nobody likes that

Taking suggestions for a PL team that is kinda good but I wouldn't be considered a "bandwagon fan" if I rooted for them. Ideally this team would be the type that usually plays above their talent level or has a bright future, and plays an exciting offense first strategy. Bonus points if they do things "differently" than others or if they have a lot of Americans involved

Brook! likes this.
  16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

To be honest, Palace aren't a bad shout. They have impressive home support, singing and chanting all game (which you can't say about all teams), they often have a pretty good kit, their white one last year, if you could only remove the sponsor, was really nice. Also being London based it's easier for you take in a match if you come over.

Finally, to help me out, can we call a tie a draw in this thread. ;)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. Brook!

BN

Go for Newcastle United. You will thank me later. :)

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. Brook!

Tomorrow night we are playing Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia.

Galatasaray fans in Moscow chanting the hell out already. We will kiss some beautiful Russian girls tomorrow and win and come back.

Fatih Terim siker adami!

19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's what I would suggest. Perennial underachievers but potentially one of the biggest clubs in the world. Massive fan base. Now have the means to compete with the big boys financially. Going to be a wild ride for the next decade and you'd be getting in on the ground floor. Of course, it is Newcastle, they could find a way of fucking it up completely, but if you don't want to go for an established big clubclub and you want to hope for some success this is the one to go for.

Brook! likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

thank you guys I will take a look at them. I thought Brook was messing with me at first cause they are in like 19th place or something