Soccer... Premier League, La Liga, Champions League and more

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

They are shit lol

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

K'OB. Are you a legit Man City fan or just following them loosely?

3. K'OB

Nah proper fan, 1976 onwards mate :D

sozopol, Doreblade and Brook! like this.
  4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Arsenal are weak.

Physically and mentally weak and try to play a stunning but not suitable game of football. Arsenal have a brand of arrogance that they cannot get past.

They were a delight to watch 15 years ago, bit since then they lost their so called dogs that could drag a win out.

They have always and still have bags of talented players, just something about that club needs to get a grip.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Aha. Between Liverpool and Mac United, who do you guys dislike most. I think Man United right? Also for Man United, are you guys the hated rivals or Liverpool takes the crown? :)

K'OB likes this.
  6. K'OB

I hate Man Utd most but it is a close-run thing nowadays, the scouse cunts are a special breed, I also hate Spurs btw lol

Man Utd are our rivals, this Liverpool/Man Utd thing was a skyTv/Premier League hash up to grab fans attention like they used to say top 4 now it is a top 6 (when manure slipped out of the top 4 for a bit lol)

Brook! likes this.
  7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Spurs fan here, can’t wait to get spanked by City tomorrow. Should we just leave Kane with you afterwards?

Actually tbh unlike most fans these days, I don’t hate Manch City, I prefer them to the other big teams. And that was even before NYCFC, who I support passionately now.

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  8. K'OB

I will let you into a little secret, I don't want Harry Kane, at 28yo he is too old for 150m transfer fee, I'd rather we wait and go all out to sign Haaland next season instead.

Kane will sign a 5 year deal and he has to hit 30 goals a season to make it 1m a goal and that will only be his transfer fee, is anybody worth paying 1m a goal for? Then add his wage on top, scary stuff, I know it isn't my money but I'd rather Haaland tbh.

I was interested in NYCFC right at the start but there seemed a lot of bad-mouthing going on from some sections of their US support towards City, it was a bit odd, it could have been to do with Lampard but it kind of soured the experience of supporting from afar because they were City owned etc.

Out of interest are you any closer to this new ground they have been talking about for so long?

Brook! and sozopol like this.
  9. sozopol

There was resentment among some purists about Lampard and just generally some concern about being a farm team for City, stuff like that.

i could fill 10 pages with what’s going on with our stadium. Not least because I work for a planning/engineering firm who will likely work on it once it gets going! We already worked on their training facility in rockland county. I expect the stadium to happen in the South Bronx once the new mayoral admin is settled. NYC real estate is a bitch. The Yankees are kind of jerking us around as well.

My firm also worked for the Jets back in the day when the west side stadium was THIS close to happening, before being scuttled by corrupt Silver.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

Haaland wants to be a legend. Man City doesn't generate legends. He will sign with my lovely Real Madrid.

sozopol likes this.
  11. sozopol

I think it will be Mbappe to Real Madrid and Haaland to an English club, one of the Manchesters.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

I think both Mbappe and Haaland wants to be a Madridista. I might be wrong but we shall see.

sozopol likes this.
  13. K'OB

And there is the rub, ffp doesn't exist for Real Madrid or Barcelona, both are on their arse, Barcelona can't even sign played they own because of the new wage cap in the Spanish league and RM can't be far behind.

Besides all of that what about Galatasary?
    Are you a two club cunt now? :D

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Galatasaray season starts tomorrow. We got a young team this year. Very young indeed. Starting 11 average age is around 23 years old. We shall see.

K'OB likes this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

To be honest the Utd/Liverpool thing was more from the Scouse side. Liverpool hated that, despite being the most successful club in the 70s and 80s in their glory days and United not being great, that United were still seen as the bigger and more glamourous club. United fans just used to play on it, especially when they started winning again. It also didn't help that United were the one team that always used to get results against them during this period. Most United fans I know would prefer to beat Liverpool than City though. This may be changing, but until they got money City were largely irrelevant as far as being contenders for most of my lifetime, so other than local bragging rights there wasn't too much of a competitive rivalry between them.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

Thanks Mo

Galatasaray has history with each of Man United, Liverpool. Chelsea and Arsenal but no history with Man City. So I don't know much about them. Now that I know K'OB likes them, I will follow them closely too.

17. K'OB

But also one of the best teams in the league between 67-78, then Swales fucked us over at the worst possible time, reinstating Big Mal and breaking up the team that came second to the mighty LFC team of the 70's and buying expensive flops, we didn't recover in the 80's and we were obliterated as a club through the Prem formation, football was around before Sky TV you know :rolleyes:

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Knew you'd chime in! I'm 53 and detest the Premier League and all it stands for, so yes I know all about football pre-Sky. I grew up watching the game in this period and my affection for it is far greater than it is for the game now which I barely bother watching. City were a good, competitive side in the early 70s, with some great players, but not a real powerhouse. Tons of sides were equally competitive and successful - Arsenal, Leeds & Everton to name 3. Hell, Derby won 2 titles and Ipswich were runners up twiceI think. Liverpool were in a league of their own - and I fucking hate Liverpool FC with an unabating passion. You won one title (and a couple of cups) in that period, which makes it 2 league titles in total prior to the influx of overseas cash and hence the comment. Granted that's more than Chelsea's whopping one title pre-Abrahmovic. I don't hate City, far from it, but I liked them far more before the Saudis. The cash has ruined the game I once loved.

Really quite amusing that you say you were obliterated as a club by the formation of the PL, yet the club wanted to be part of the ESL formation.

19. sozopol

Tell you what, not sure I want him staying at Spurs either. The team has obviously bought into what Nuno is developing and at this point Harry may have done irreparable damage.. Don’t want him going to you guys either, he’s probably exactly what you need haha. How about he fucks off to Real Madrid

K'OB likes this.
  20. K'OB

You knew I'd chime in lol the question you quoted was directed at me by brook, of course I was going to chime in when you kicked City in the balls lol

As for the super League the club may have wanted it but not the fans, they really dropped their first bollock with that and retracted their application after a fan backlash., So not sure what it amusing about it tbh?

Do remember that City won an Fa cup 50/60 years before the mighty LFC.

Back to the cash, I don't disagree btw players are paid far to much now, but and heres the but...

Not a lot said about it before Chelsea and then City, every successful club has been bank rolled by a rich guy, Man Utd floated on the stock exchange and took the cash to a new level, the prem league and champs League cash cow helped all who got in first.

Arsenal, man utd, Liverpool, they built the sky years on the back of that easy money, happy to finish top 3 and keep the money, in this time City were crashing done the league bankrupt and yet the fans still turned up, a near 30k average in division2, not even the supposed loyal geardies turned up for Newcastle until KK turned that club around.

#300 K'OB, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021