So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

In regards to Muslims though, doesnt the Quaran discuss a never ending holy war for those who dont believe in Allah?
    Right out of the Quaran....this is what they believe. Just sayin.

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Please re-read what I wrote carefully. Each of those religions considers itself Abrahamic.

The Catholic Church only speaks on behalf of Catholics, it doesn't decide how other religions define themselves. That was what I was saying.

I did not say they're all simpatico, or similar. I said that each of them claims to worship the same deity that Abraham did.

The Christians and Muslims have both said the other is invalid or whatever for whatever reason. That doesn't change each religion's definition of itself.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes. Until the Day of Judgement when the unbelievers will regret that they did not believe. (Paraphrasing here and in most of the posts to avoid offending by specific reference.)

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So the Muslims own book condones war, which is terrorism in a sense. They have to stop all non-believers. So if you are Muslim then your mission is to participate and "do battle for the cause of Allah" correct?

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Would you consider Islam a religion or a cult? Religion's allow you to leave, Islam does not allow you to leave. If you leave, according to the Quaran you are to be put to death, they use the term "apostate".

6. Br4d

Islam considered the scriptures as relating to Abraham to have been altered beyond sufficiency for relating the will of God. They instructed Muslims to neither believe or disbelieve the people of the book on things relating to Abraham. The clear implication was that Jews had fallen from the true path and that the Quran was the only legitimate reference for knowledge related to Abraham. Essentially Islam recreated Abraham from whole cloth and made him *their* prophet from God. Jews were safeguarded by their history as a people of Abraham despite their failure to maintain his true nature and intention. They were made to sit separately from Muslims so that their conception of God and Abraham would not taint Islam.

One way to divine what the true relations between the two religions were is to look at the Islamic requirement that usury be abandoned by the faithful and that all who continued to practice usury were in the same position as those who were controlled by the devil's influence.

Islamic rulers and religious authorities made no attempt to stop Jews from charging usury and in fact took advantage of them to facilitate trade and money transfers with non-Islamic societies. This tradition occurred in Christendom also where usury was also frowned upon. So Muslims and Christians forbade themselves from lending money and charging interest and yet both cultures used Jews as an intermediary to keep things liquid. That's how you get a big head start on the banking business as economies begin to emerge from the Middle Ages.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

-from the Quran.

8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

But you're missing my point, which is to completely throw out whatever Religion A says about what Religion B believes- if you're trying to be objective.

If you're looking at it as a Christian, okay, many Christians say Muslims don't believe in their God. I 100% agree that that's what many Christians say.

I 100% agree that many Muslims say that the Christian and Jewish religions are invalid or that they're incomplete Muslims that need to convert- just as the Christian Ann Coulter claimed that Jews need to be "perfected" by believing in Jesus.

That is not what I am talking about!

If you're going to be objective, you have to look at what each religion says about itself! You can't just take one religion's definition of the other religions.

Show me where Islam says they don't believe they're the successors of Abraham, spiritually.

Show me where the Bible says that Christians aren't Abraham's successors.

Show me where the Torah or Talmud says that Jews aren't the successors of Abraham.

You can't, because they don't. Whatever each religion says about the other religions, has no bearing on what each religion says about itself and it's own beliefs. If you're trying to be objective, you cannot use Religion A's definition of Religion B.

9. Br4d

In each case the others essentially said that Abraham was misinterpreted by the other religions and that they therefore do not follow the will of God and therefore do not believe in the true God.

"Make no other Gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol or have any likeness of heaven above..."

Think about what that part of the Ten Commandments suggests. One of the enduring symbols of Christianity is the idol of Jesus on the Cross. That idol is in the vast majority of Christian religious institutions around the world. Jews and Muslims must have found that offensive when it appeared and a direct violation of God's commandments.

For Catholics Vatican II was the moment when the faith agreed to live and let live on religious faith.

10. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

If you see it from a Christian perspective because you're a Christian, and therefore say Muslims worship a different deity- then that's your point of view.

But can you agree that all 3 of those religions claim that their own religion worships the same deity that Abraham did? (Regardless of what they say the others believe?)

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

According my friend who is Iranian,this interpretation only exists in the US and is complete bs

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats interesting because thats from their very own book. I dont see how its BS.

13. typeOnegative13NY

its in English,or you read Arabic? Find me one Arabic person who can properly translate the language,and admit that is what the book teaches.

14. typeOnegative13NY

(Its kind of a moot topic anyway,as all religious books are altered periodically to shape beliefs for the times)

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yup, that is why many of the verses in the bible have been translated to be anti gay yet many scholars believe they were not originally written that way.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So what you are trying to say is that every english translated Quran is fake?

Im not trying to start a debate, im only basing this off of what is in the English versions. The book states that muslims must wage a holy war against any non believers, it also states that if you leave Islam then you are an "apostate" aka dead man, it also states that you can only be loyal to Allah and Mohamed.

17. typeOnegative13NY

And when your main enemies are oil rich Arab nations,the best way to fuel the public is to make it a holy war. Its the one driving force for conflict since the beginning of time..religion. Since moving to the south,i have learned one thing...how blindly some people will follow their "good book". Down here they don't even realize that the guy with a robe on,is a paycheck receiving,eating and shitting human. Some of these people really believe that god s zapping words down to him to recite to them. With that kind of zobieism,it is the perfect tool to use. So what was it again,one religion out of the big 3 preaches hate and kill no believers. All 3 are derived from the same source,only emphasizing more importance to certain characters.

The right has Christians believing that their religion is under attack to make comfort for others here in the US. So there you have instant grounds for animosity.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

But is Islam a religion if it threatens to kill members who leave? or is it more of a cult? No other religion in the world threatens you if you decide to leave....

19. typeOnegative13NY

If that were the case,it would still be a religion. They are offering to a diety. But I don't believe the actual religion teaches that. According to what I have been told,that is an American interpretation . There is less preaching involved in Islam than there is in Christianity. Islam is based more on praying.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well cool, ill look into the whole american interpretation theory. Ive always been under the impression that what is said in the english versions is basically set in stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.