So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Holy crap Barcs I just have to shake my head... I mean wow.

I don't know if you've ever picked up a history book in your life, but the majority of wars have been fought over land. There's been wars fought over women, drugs, taxes, fucking spices, fucking fishing rights, fucking sports, paperwork,etc. Wars are inevitable. Religion is one cause yes, but ultimately it's people not religion that causes wars.

Secondly, the crap you are spewing in this thread about how there is violence in religious texts is just that - crap. Those are stories, fables.. Saying people read that and are in turn starting wars are almost like saying violent video games causes wars. Besides all major religious texts' teaching are about peace, these are stories within that.

Lastly, I am not a religious guy at all. I personally hate when really religious people cram that shit down my throat. But I am also not dumb. The amount of good, the amount of charitable works being done by religions of all kinds in this world far exceeds the violence overall. Yes there are bad eggs that stain their religions everyday but they make the news, which is good, shame on those fucks, but there are far more religious people not making the news that are doing great work in this world.

#81 BrowningNagle, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Brook!, JetsVilma28 and 74 like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol Christians "support" war.

For fucks sake.

_

3. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

I think this thread took a turn for the worse with the naked dude pics...

4. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Don't need to see naked due pictures! Really!:eek:

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

joeuser is apparently an habitual envelope pusher. Such edge.

Brook! likes this.
  6. abyzmul

7. abyzmul

8. abyzmul

9. abyzmul

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'll check those out but I think that type of metal for the most part sucks. I like Amon Amarth though. And the whole church burning shit is really gay.

Thrash is king, If you want some going to hell shit then at least listen to something that sounds good

#90 74, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  11. abyzmul

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bro, everything I have said is dead on accurate. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it untrue. People don't like to hear the truth. Bradway has been speaking the truth.

Yeah bro, because WW2 had absolutely nothing to do with mass extermination of jews. I didn't say every war was directly caused by religion, I said that many were. Ever heard of the crusades? That shit lasted almost 200 years and was exclusively based on taking the land because it was holy according to scriptures. Yes it was land, but the reasons for wanting the land were completely religious. There was tons of land in that region they could have settled in. Do you realize how many people have been tortured and brutally executed in the name of religion? Maybe the Spanish inquisition rings a bell. Native Americans chopped limb from limb for the mere reason that they had never heard of Jesus. Believing a religion that is intolerant of other religions leads to many conflicts and many deaths. It isn't always a direct cause for a huge war, but there are countless examples throughout history of folks being murdered in the name of god.

You are dead wrong about science.

Flat earth and geocentric universe were NEVER scientific theories. It wasn't even the popular belief in many areas. It was strictly influenced by the church, not science. This is why Galileo was shunned and took so long to publish his heliocentric model. Religion has been holding science back in this manner for centuries. Miamsa theory wasn't scientific either. A scientific theory requires validity via experimentation. There was no way to validate or falsify this theory at all. The great thing about science, is that when new information is reveal or discovered theories are updated accordingly. With religion, no matter how much evidence and proof is discovered that goes against it, it stays exactly the same, which is why these archaic belief systems don't belong in the modern era. Referencing beliefs based in a time before we even knew what cells were is a bit silly. With our vast knowledge today, it's not like somebody will discover something that suddenly falsifies the theory of evolution or the theory of gravity. Theories in science are based on solid facts that are testable, repeatable and can make predictions based on them that are accurate.

Einstein did not become religious. He was a pantheist and was against the idea of a personal god as depicted in the majority of religions. He was essentially agnostic.

Huh? Most conservatives are indeed Christian and indeed tend to favor war. I agree that they shouldn't support it all at based on the teachings of Jesus, but a large portion do. Obviously not all of them, but that statement is downright silly. I just don't understand why you'd follow a belief system that says "love your enemy", "he who is without sin cast the first stone", and "turn the other cheek" but blatantly ignore those cornerstone teachings of Jesus himself when it comes to politics. That just baffles me. It's kind of like calling yourself "pro life" while supporting the death penalty. I didn't see an asterisk in the bible next to any of those or "thou shalt not kill" that claims it's alright in certain situations.

Riiiiiight. That war in Iraq was TOTALLY self defense! LMAO!

#92 Barcs, Jul 18, 2014
  13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I only said that less reasons to go to war means less wars. Obviously religion is a concept, it can't directly start a war, but it can influence others to do exactly that. I didn't say that religion causes all wars, but if you eliminate it, the death toll around the world would drop significantly and that's a fact. Yes, people will fight over tons of things, religion is one of them. Don't tell me to pick up a history book. Look up the dark ages, the crusades, and how religious views have caused the loss of countless lives worldwide for centuries upon centuries.

Dude, I clearly said that it was fundamentalists and extremists causing the majority of the problems, but the moderates are also partially to blame for not condemning them. I'm not spewing crap. Have you NOT read the bible or the Qua'ran?

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/cruelty/long.html

Yes, it is supposed to be fables, but nowhere in the bible or Qua'ran itself does it say this. Maybe that's the problem. Many folks believe it to be absolute literal word of god. In a video game, people KNOW it's fiction before they play it. Religions try to pass these books off as truth, so yeah, they can be blamed for the violent scriptures that influence killing. Yes, they have a very poor shortsighted and downright stupid interpretation of these passages, but the passages are there and it's peddled as truth.

[​IMG]

The Catholic church and the Morman church have enough money to feed every starving person on earth hundreds of times over.

I see what you are getting at, the religions are SUPPOSED to be about peace. The problem is that they aren't always, and the fact that they contain hundreds of violent passages in a book that people consider the word of god, is a very good reason why religion as a whole needs a renovation. It is a cycle that's been happening for eons. When the gods of ancient Egypt got old they were replaced with the greek & roman gods. Eventually they were all replaced with the monotheistic god, which has also evolved since first started. When ancient religions become outdated, they need to be updated. The big issue is that we have so many people that vehemently swear that their religion is the absolute truth and all others are wrong with no justification or evidence for it at all. We need to move past these ancient texts of violence and into the new millennium of tolerance for all. We need a religious revolution more than anything else right now.

I can agree that it's not religion itself. It is religious people. The problem is that they believe the religion and use it to justify violence. When somebody plays a video game they don't go out into the real world and use the game to justify doing it in real life unless they are batshit insane.

I probably shouldn't have posted in this thread. It's a topic that really gets people upset, but it's my opinion and I feel strongly about it. I'm tired of the violence. It is a legitimate problem in the world today. You can bury your head in the sand and pretend that religion is all pink hearts and rainbows, but it's not.

#93 Barcs, Jul 18, 2014
  14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ever heard of George W Bush? The guy actually admitted something to the effect of Jesus talking to him and telling him to go to war in Iraq.

#94 Barcs, Jul 18, 2014
  15. JStokes

So W speaks for all Christendom?

For fucks sake.

_

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

One of the best metal songs ever.[/quote]

17. JStokes

What an ignorant and insulting generality to prop up an ignorant and naive proposition.

_

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You've obviously never seen them live.

19. JStokes

Hahahahaaaa.

_

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Did I say he did? Did I say that all Christians support war? No I didn't. I said that many do. Denial of this very basic and obvious fact is indefensible. This discussion is for big boys only, not folks that assume everything is all or nothing. Real Christians cannot possibly support a war. It is a direct conflict with the teachings of Jesus. That was my point, and you would have realized that if you bothered to read more than one line before jumping to your extreme conclusion that I claimed all Christians support war.

Reading comprehension much? Or are you just using big words to sound like you know what you're talking about?

#100 Barcs, Jul 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.