So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

What sh0uld Israel do then? Should they just sit and watch Hamas launch more missiles? Should Israel strike back only when a certain number of their children gets killed?
    Hamas purposely launches from densely populated areas, knowing that the ensuing civilian casualties can be used as a weapon in the mass media. Israel has been known to drop leaflets warning civilians of an incoming air strike. What more can they do?

The beach, where the four children got killed, was also a location used by Hamas to launch rockets. So, why do they launch from places where kids play? Why did those kids' parents let them play where Hamas launches rockets? I am sure they knew about the possible consequences.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That's a LIE. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm this website discusses this topic in-depth, with passages and their analysis within historical context. I posted this link before, clearly you ignored it.

Islam has been trying to conquer the world through violence since it's birth.

The Bible preaches love. The Koran preaches hate.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who
    disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads
    and strike off every fingertip of them."
    "Allah" (Qur'an 8:12)

"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and
    kill those who disbelieve in Allah."
    Muhammad (Ibn Ishaq 992)

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."
    Jesus (Matthew 5:14)

Old Testament violence is either Israel defending itself or God destroying evil. But even so it's a non point because Jesus and the New Testament, which is 100% non-violent, predates Islam by hundreds of years.

The death toll from islamist terrorists this Ramadan, a time for seeking guidance from Allah, is now over 2000 people. That's over 2000 people dead from Islam inspired hatred in just the last few weeks.

All Christians have been forced out of Mosul, a place they have lived for over 1500 years. Their property and belongings were taken and they were told to leave, convert or be killed. Christians in Iraq are being exterminated. A church that is thousands of years old, one that was home to the disciples was desecrated. Jonah's grave was destroyed with a sledgehammer. This happened YESTERDAY http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jul/22/christianity-iraq-mosul-isis-purge-arabo/
    Every year, thousands of Christians are murdered by Muslims. And that's a huge understatement, some estimates are in the 100,000 range.
    http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/...-by-muslims-solely-because-of-their-religion/

Muhammad was a conqueror, a subjugator, and a mass murderer. He raped women and little girls. Islam is a religion that glorifies a pedophile. Wherever it spreads it persecutes those who are different. It's subjugates freedom and enslaves women. The slightest provocations are warrants for unrelenting violence, people have been murdered over such sad things as cartoons. The attitude of these Islamist extremists is not the minority. It is the accepted attitude. Yes, the number of terrorists are in minority but the extremists control the religion and they are funded by it. Maybe one day the good Muslims will take over and impose their peaceful interpretation but that is a far cry from the reality if the world today.

Barcs I see what you are doing. You ignore the main meat of my posts and find one or two things to take a pot shot at to give the illusion of a debate. Seriously, your response to me was based on ONE sentence I wrote out of a page long post. You can keep taking pot shots at my posts but I am speaking the truth with factual history as my guide and you cannot win this on any level.

#202 74, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how many Muslims do you know, personally?

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

There are other ways to handle the situation than just raining down missiles over residential areas in retaliation, obviously Hamas needs to be dealt with but at this time the amount of terrorist killed compared to the civilians killed is staggering.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with this generally, but Israel has some responsibility for creating the conditions on the ground in Gaza. Hamas shouldn't be firing rockets and they deserve to be retaliated against, sure, and there is going to be collateral damage. It's one of the densest places on earth. There is no place to go in Gaza to get out of the way if you are an innocent bystander. They can't escape into the sea, and Israel and Egypt won't let them in.

Israel is basically firing back into a concentration camp. I understand why they have to do it, but the deserve some of the condemnation they are getting for this.

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

What other ways when the other side's goal is total destruction of Israel? Also, the "staggering" numbers are coming from the Palestinian sources and I doubt that they can be trusted.

Israel was letting them in till they began blowing up buses and night clubs.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

such as?

9. OverloadBlitz

Ground forces, special ops on high value Hamas targets, gathering intel on where Hamas keeps their weapons and destroying them. What they are doing now is air strikes on un tagged targets in high population areas without any ground recon to even consider whether their are any Hamas operatives there.

Barcs likes this.
  10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Where are you getting such info from?

11. OverloadBlitz

Very clear from the targets that have been hit so far, Beaches and Hospitals are never tagged for air strikes.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The policy as described by the Prime Minister's spokesman is that, before IDF hits civilian-based targets, they give warning that hell is soon to be falling from the sky and identify safe zones where folks can retreat. We can believe that or not, and I'm prepared to admit that a policy like that is *flexible*, depending on the circumstances. But no one questions the thousands of missiles fired by Hamas, and the only flailing defense I've ever heard is an attorney who characterized them as "makeshift" munitions, or some such idiocy. Still, the United Nations, that house of fucking ghouls, remains predictably and steadfastly antisemitic, focusing on the "war crimes" of the side that DOESN'T have the stated purpose of annihilating an entire nation of people. Worse still, Hamas is operating out of, among other places, United Nations schools.

I have sympathy, because there are kids dying, but what kind of mother or father would allow themselves, their families, their neighborhoods, hospitals, etc. to be the hiding spot and shield for a bunch of Hamas creeps who don't have the stones to embrace their own matyrdom. Pussies.

13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Sure, when you're fighting a war against another army, not against terrorists who don't value the lives of their own civilians. Hamas systematically fires rockets from hospitals and mosques. As for the beach where the kids got killed, http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...i-strike-kills-four-children-at-a-gaza-beach/ "It is not unusual for militants to launch rockets from sites near my hotel."

14. OverloadBlitz

You don't win a war on terrorist by using the same tactics as the terrorist your fighting, you give them the propaganda they are looking for and you kill innocent people who want no part of the conflict.

15. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

To be clear, the U.N. admits that Hamas has been found operating out of its buildings. It's ok, though. They "strongly and unequivocally" condemned it. That should really be enough, I think.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Okay, so having said all that, does Israel bear any responsibility at all for the reservation on its land all these poor slobs are crammed into? Any at all?

17. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Because it's easier to make generalities about a large group if you don't really know anyone in that group. You see it all the time. If a person definitively asserts what [insert group] is like, I find they typically have little to no personal interaction with people in that group.

#217 Cappy, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  18. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

One thing that confuses me: How long after the rocket fire happens do they retaliate with the shelling? It must be pretty quick, since it'd take an idiot of a terrorist to stay in the same location they had just fired a missile from.

Barcs likes this.
  19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

And the few Muslims I know are very nice people from all I can tell. However

1. Even if I knew many Muslims, the 0.2% of the religion that lives in the westernized US is probably not representative of main body.... Or maybe some of them are, this court case is happening now:
    http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_35776.php
    TLDR- A Muslim NYC cabbie threatened to kill his daughter if she didn't leave the man she loved and go through with her arranged marriage. After she went into hiding he had her lovers father and sister murdered.
    This is nothing new, a cpl yrs ago a NYC man cut his daughters head off for religious reasons. A dozen or so of these "honor" killings have happened in the UK in the last year, 6 in London.

2. I am a white Christian. I am not even allowed to enter Mecca. If I strolled into the Middle East to gain some interactive experience with real Muslims I would be at risk of being taken prisoner and killed or if I was lucky just persecuted and driven out like most westerners and Christians in Muslim lands are. Nowhere else in the world aside from Muslim lands would I be in danger just because of my religion.

I've already acknowledged that there are many peaceful Muslims, but I am analyzing the religion and it's effect on the world. If you would like to discuss ANY of the points I made in ANY of my posts, please feel to. If not, then don't try to discredit my posts in backhanded fashion with political correctness.

#219 74, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, you are ignorant. I've lived in the Middle East and never once was taken prisoner or killed. There was never even a that.

And I was even in a war zone. The people that take prisoners and kill are militants. Go to a place in the Middle East that is not a war zone and you will find people that may be distant to you because of the culture you live in. But that is the same for almost anywhere. I've been frozen out by Germans worse than any Muslim community.

You have a very obtuse view and it is by design.

Jets Esq. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.