So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Islams not a religion, its a cult. Period. No other religion in the world says you cannot leave. Cults say you cannot leave, or else you face punishment, but religions of all types allow you to leave whenever you feel so inclined to do so.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In the Middle Ages getting excommunicated from the Catholic Church was usually done alongside a trip to the gallows if you were lucky, a burning at the stake if not and much worse if you'd really pissed off the authorities. Nobody voluntarily left the church (changed their views publicly) because to do so put you at immediate risk of being declared a heretic and suffering one of the fates above.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Soxx you should look into a position on the tourism board for the Nation of Islam. Maybe cruise director or bartender.

:D

_

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi MS

Thanks for the comments. I am not upset or anything because you just state the facts about Islam. If you read my prior posts, you would see that I also mentioned the same thing.

Islam is a violent religion. Like I said before, if you live by the Islamic rules you are fine but if not you are not going to be tolerated.

Also look at the things Islam wants from the followers.

Pray 5 times a day. (The morning prayer is at around 4:30 AM so you are supposed to wake up at 4:30 and pray)
    Fast (30 days of fasting from sundown to sun up.)
    Zakat (Donate 2.5% of your wealth to the poor every year)

These are some tough demands I don't see much in any religion.

Thanks again for your view.

74 likes this.
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Or maybe you will just hire me.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thanks Brooklyn.

Brook! likes this.
  7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Too soon?
    _

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

What Israel is doing is disgusting, yes Hamas terrorist have been launching mortars at Israel but the shells are home made low tech garbage. Its the equivalent of a cat scratching your foot so you take a 12 gauge and slaughter 200 cats indiscriminately. Innocent children playing on the beach have been hit with Hellfire missiles and mosques/hospitals destroyed so I ask, How are these not war crimes?

9. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yup. And the Islamists would like to go back to the Middle Ages....maybe even the Dark Ages.

10. Br4d

Not arguing about that at all. Just pointing out that grabby religions was invented elsewhere.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think all religions begin as cults. the early Christians were viewed as a cult. the mystery religions were cults. To me, a cult is just a pint sized religion.

12. Br4d

From Merriam Webster:

That makes theganggreen membership a cult.

FJF and 74 like this.
  13. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Never have a serious conversation with kids & trolls running amuck here - when you engage them, they will only drag you down to their level...

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

So, if Hamas is shooting rockets from hospitals and mosques, you think Israel should just let them continue doing so? Innocent children have been hit, too bad the leftist media doesn't show you the innocent children of Israel being hit by mortars or being blown out on a bus by a Hamas suicide terrorist.

The pictures of injured/killed women and children is what Hamas is aiming for. It's happened before and I am pretty sure will happen again. The IDF starts another military operation against Hamas, the leftist media begins showing killed women and children, the world starts crying for a ceasefire. Then, the IDF operation stops, Hamas rearms and rebuilds. A few months later they start shooting mortars/rockets again. Rinse and repeat.

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I believe the IDF calls it "mowing the grass"... the periodic operations to demolish the arms and tunnels. Then Hamas starts re-arming... etc.

Also-- now the conflict has entered the sports world... the irony is that Maccabi Haifa has historically been well-known for its support among the Israeli Arabs as well as non-Arabs of Haifa-- it has stood to some degree for co-existence.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...s-attack-israeli-players-on-pitch-in-austria/

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

"leftist media"...oh lord. Is this what a certain segment of our population has been brainwashed into believing?

The rest of your post is spot on though. Not much to show from Israel's death perspective from the rockets...That Iron Dome thing we funded is pretty effective.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Most religions are cults. Christianity is the same way. If you leave, you are punished with eternal fire and damnation.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You are flat out wrong with this statement. Islam has 1.6 billion followers worldwide. The extremists we fight in the middle east are indeed a small minority of Muslims, just like the Christian fundamentalists are a minority of Christians.

To call Islam violent yet dismissing the violence in the old testament as historically contextual to somehow justify it is silly. Most of the Quaran was written during a time of war where the early pagan arab religions were trying to eliminate Islam. It was born in violence, and when it talks about killing non believers, it is quite often referring to when they are persecuting you. Most Muslims today do not agree with killing all non believers.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

But how many Israeli children have actually been hit or killed? Last I checked the number was staggeringly low in comparison to the amount Palestinian children killed. I do believe that if Hamas launches a rocket from a school or hospital, that Israel should not just bomb the hell out of the building. They are not only giving Hamas the exact reaction they want, but they are also justifying their attacks and creating more terrorists.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where does this stupid fucking idea that equal casualties need to exist on both sides come from? I've also heard people that think equal armies must exist in order to fight back. If Israel wanted to wipe out every Palestinian they could do so in short order.

Isreal has a giant missile defense system made of metal. Hamas' missile defense system is children, the moronic liberal media and the people who eat up their garbage.

#200 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.